What's new

Noob Saibot: The COMPLETE Guide

D. R.

Noob
I've been holding on to this combo for a future combo video, but since Check's treading on my territory, lol, here it is:

Near corner, Behind Portal, :fp:bp 2 Hits, 9% Damage, does not count in actual combo

(opponent falls into PORTAL) dash, :d:bp, :fp:bp xx :en:d:l:fk, :fk xx :en:d:l:fk, :fk xx :en:d:l:fk, fk xx:d:l:fk, :fp:bp xx :d:l:fk, :d:bp

15 Hits, 3 Meter, 66% damage.

GG. :D

Due to the nature of the combo, Noob gets a chance at tackle/slide mixup, unless the opponent does a wake up attack which can result in an extra 8%/7% damage on hit or 2%/2% on block.

So Noob's throw (and teleport) being "untechable" means you cannot roll to get up, right? Or is there more to it? Whatever the answer is, is that always what people mean when they say "you cannot tech" or "untechable"? Thanks.

Edit: Not necessarily just rolling...but I guess that means you can't stand up quickly (or maybe even choose to stay on the ground). You're forced up by the game in the same manner every time?

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
So Noob's throw (and teleport) being "untechable" means you cannot roll to get up, right? Or is there more to it? Whatever the answer is, is that always what people mean when they say "you cannot tech" or "untechable"? Thanks.

Edit: Not necessarily just rolling...but I guess that means you can't stand up quickly (or maybe even choose to stay on the ground). You're forced up by the game in the same manner every time?
i dont think its untechable i just think it stuffs alot of wakeups after teleslam ive been teched out of it when anticipated.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i dont think its untechable i just think it stuffs alot of wakeups after teleslam ive been teched out of it when anticipated.
throw doesn't stuff a lot of wakeups b/c most good wakeups startup less than 10 frames. Some are longer but have low hitboxes so you wiff the throw.

throwing after wakeup is good once and a while but not all the time b/c it get rlly predictable and the opponent can just wakeup and hold down to crouch and avoid the throw then punish.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
throw doesn't stuff a lot of wakeups b/c most good wakeups startup less than 10 frames. Some are longer but have low hitboxes so you wiff the throw.

throwing after wakeup is good once and a while but not all the time b/c it get rlly predictable and the opponent can just wakeup and hold down to crouch and avoid the throw then punish.
i usually throw after a teleslam and everyone gets pissed because they say they try to wake up with a slide from reptile or sub but they say they are unable to do it and they always get him by my throw idk y but it works for me 85% of the time i do it but lately ive been doing D4 after teleslams into block string.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
well no offense to people you play but they probably can't input shit correctly bc those wakup attacks beat throw. If it doesnt work then hold down and you avoid the throw regardless.

If it works for you more power to you but tbh rlly good players see it coming so watch yourself

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
well no offense to people you play but they probably can't input shit correctly bc those wakup attacks beat throw. If it doesnt work then hold down and you avoid the throw regardless.

If it works for you more power to you but tbh rlly good players see it coming so watch yourself
i think it has somthing to do with the teleslam then dash in throw because im landing it alot on some really good players. ive been doing it since launch.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i think it has somthing to do with the teleslam then dash in throw because im landing it alot on some really good players. ive been doing it since launch.
teleslam give u a good amount of advantage on hit. Anyone plays me realizes this and always hold down after a teleslam LMAO

D. R.

Noob
Teleslam -> Throw is NOT guaranteed at all! Stop that nonsense. lol Characters with a wake up covered in their 8 frames of invincibility will eat that shit up with ease, ie KL, Reptile, Raiden, etc., or just use armor. It's yet another gimmick that Noob has. Use at your own risk, but at top level, do not rely on it.

D. R.

Noob
I'll be updating the Match Up section soon with new numbers and knowledge soon. Hito, post your match up numbers please as well as anyone else. They'll all be taken into consideration.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Ok well I was saving these matchup numbers b/c im making a new matchup discussion thread and closing the one konqrr made due to lack of updating it and me wanting to keep the forum fresh.

I also got me, altaire, and flawedzilla to discuss his matchups via skype and recorded it and in the audio we discussed reasons why the matchups were the way they were, but were having technical diff atm. So well have the new thread up soon

But this is me, altaires, and flawedzilla current matchup chart

5.5-4.5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
5.5-4.5 vs Freddy
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
3.5-6.5 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
6-4 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5.5-4.5 vs Rain
3.5-6.5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang
6-4 vs Sheeva
6.5-4.5 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya
5.5-4.5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

D. R.

Noob
Thanks to this new format, the matchup section is beyond fucked. I can't edit jack shit the way I want to. smfh

I noticed in the guide it says that Noob's throw is "untechable". Was this the case in the first version of the game or something? Because you can "tech" it now.