What's new

Noob Saibot is fun!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Hey guys, last week I got Noob Saibot for the new mains tournament and I just got to say that I had a LOT of fun with the character. I plan on going back to him and keeping him in my pocket.

Here are just some observations I noticed while playing him.

1) People REALLY respect up knee on wakeup, and when they start d4'ing it, they get shadow clones to the face.

2) Upknee is one of the best spammable attacks in the game.

3) Everybody jumps after getting hit by ghost ball.

4) Noob Saibot in the Corner can pretty much D1/d3 upknee you to oblivion.

5) His damage midscreen is ass, but people break anyways :)

6) His ex portal when used sparingly is super good at catching people off guard.

7) People always jump forward or backwards after portals are thrown.

8)B2 ~ Throw and B2~B2~B2 work extremely well.

9)Noob builds good meter.

10) Noob's 2 is a SICK anti-air.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Noob is my newest addition to my cast and I think he my be my favorite character to play, haha upknee is seriously one of the best specials in the game, it's really fucking good!

2 is a legitimately insane AA. Great vertical hitbox.Noob's meter building is underrated.

He's really fun when you start grasping a lot with him.

Also, B1 is even on block also. Grab mix ups are good off this string as well as whiff punishing setups/pressure setups.

D

Deleted member 9158

That's what I've been saying all along! I've had a pocket noob since the game came out (though now I've put a lot of work into him, made him an official main). Using him intensely has improved my spacing immensely. If anyone wants to test this set up out for me, i've been working on it:

212, wait for them to hit the ground, then immediately throw an EX tele, njp, 1, 12 Upknee/EXup knee, which can be followed by a tele.

That's what I've been saying all along! I've had a pocket noob since the game came out (though now I've put a lot of work into him, made him an official main). Using him intensely has improved my spacing immensely. If anyone wants to test this set up out for me, i've been working on it:

212, wait for them to hit the ground, then immediately throw an EX tele, njp, 1, 12 Upknee/EXup knee, which can be followed by a tele.
Testing isn't really needed for this because I can pretty much tell you that it is iffy. Even though you have the hit advantage from 212, Noob still takes a bit of time to recover to do something else, so the ex portal is really just a guess to make your opponent do something stupid, imo. In most cases, they won't just stand there and get hit by the EX portal. Does this open a good oki game? Maybe so, but it is not reliable considering they can just tech roll or jump out.

Also, for your portal combo, you can njp then do 12, 12 shadow charge or 12, 12, ex uk into teleslam.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Testing isn't really needed for this because I can pretty much tell you that it is iffy. Even though you have the hit advantage from 212, Noob still takes a bit of time to recover to do something else, so the ex portal is really just a guess to make your opponent do something stupid, imo. In most cases, they won't just stand there and get hit by the EX portal. Does this open a good oki game? Maybe so, but it is not reliable considering they can just tech roll or jump out.

Also, for your portal combo, you can njp then do 12, 12 shadow charge or 12, 12, ex uk into teleslam.
Does 12 12 do more damage than b2 12?

D

Deleted member 9158

Yeah, I wouldn't use it often. Use maybe once, as a mix up maybe?

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
H
1) People REALLY respect up knee on wakeup, and when they start d4'ing it, they get shadow clones to the face.

2) Upknee is one of the best spammable attacks in the game.
That's till u find some kabal/cyrax/whatever player who will whiff punish ur upknee with full combo.

Shadow charge is one of the best whiff punishers in the game, imo. Just shy of being as good as Raiden's superman. You throw out a couple up knees out of distance simply to make them respect it, then you control what they do in several mus. You know. Play footsies.

Ive also been using newb as a pocket char, question 4 u noob users, i notice ex shadow ball has an confusion attribute, how legit is it? And what are the advantages? I rarely see it used

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Ive also been using newb as a pocket char, question 4 u noob users, i notice ex shadow ball has an confusion attribute, how legit is it? And what are the advantages? I rarely see it used
OFFline its very useful it reverses your directional inputs , online it doesnt work lol