What's new

Noob Saibot Frame Data

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah that's what I mean, let it fall on ur opponent ( don't throw tackle ) let him wake up attack, block it and punish with a combo of choice ending with a teleslam for advantage of mix ups and throw, don't u think that's better than far portal and slam? At least u get more damage right
its a good idea but my only gripe, although if it works for u then go for it, is that when u do the b1214 portal and land a teleslam or reset into a combo with teleslam. You at + advantage to continue ur assault whether u wanna rush-down or go back to zoning. You get mixups.

If you do ur reset and let the opponent hit u and block the attack ur opponent may use a string tht cause him to b + on block and then hes at advantage or you both might be at neutral. Any smart player and whose at close range is not gonna do a risky wakeup were they might get punished.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
well heres the thing. if portal lands some feet behind the opponent he can just lay there and avoid tackle and the portal...right?
Won't a sweep push him into the black hole if they decide to lay there?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
as a standalone move it recovers insanely fast that the opponent usually can't tell if you're gonna complete the string or link into a special

also b+2 can't be ducked unlike b+1 can by some (maybe all?) characters

Wemfs

But yeah, you're right Hito. Everybody and their mother knows how to get out of the b1214 or b214 black hole (long distance). Most of the time I don't even go for it. Instead I'll usually just end the string with a teleslam (depending on the character) for max damage and the advantage it gives.

As for Noobs damage, even if a black hole connects mid-screen, the most damage you can net off of it is like 32% using 1 bar I believe. That's not that much, but lets say you get that 32% after an upknee xx dash xx 1 xx 1,2 reset. What is that? Somewhere close to 50% damage for 1 bar maybe? Not bad at all. Nobody wants to eat all that damage off of 1 single reset. So imo I think most people would risk doing a wake up and getting punished by a full 25% combo, or a simple teleslam if someone like Smoke decides to do a wakeup phase away move, instead of the 50ish% damage.

Most of the time I will try to bait the wake up and punish cause wiffing a tackle/slide up close is too risky.

And occasionally I'll throw out a Ex portal after a 1,2 or f33 connects.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
as a standalone move it recovers insanely fast that the opponent usually can't tell if you're gonna complete the string or link into a special

also b+2 can't be ducked unlike b+1 can by some (maybe all?) characters
B2 from startup-recovery is about 32 frames

starup-19
active-?
recovery-?

so what ur telling me is tht it recovers in frames and is active for 13...

I knw theres some stupid shit in the game but I HIGHLY doubt they would allow this.

B2 active frames has to be no more than 4 or 5 frames in which case makes its recovery 8-9...with 0 advantage on block

But yeah, you're right Hito. Everybody and their mother knows how to get out of the b1214 or b214 black hole (long distance). Most of the time I don't even go for it. Instead I'll usually just end the string with a teleslam (depending on the character) for max damage and the advantage it gives.

As for Noobs damage, even if a black hole connects mid-screen, the most damage you can net off of it is like 32% using 1 bar I believe. That's not that much, but lets say you get that 32% after an upknee xx dash xx 1 xx 1,2 reset. What is that? Somewhere close to 50% damage for 1 bar maybe? Not bad at all. Nobody wants to eat all that damage off of 1 single reset. So imo I think most people would risk doing a wake up and getting punished by a full 25% combo, or a simple teleslam if someone like Smoke decides to do a wakeup phase away move, instead of the 50ish% damage.

Most of the time I will try to bait the wake up and punish cause wiffing a tackle/slide up close is too risky.

And occasionally I'll throw out a Ex portal after a 1,2 or f33 connects.
i never use meter outside of corner combos and I only use meter if my opponent is not near 2 bars. I save noobs meter for breakers b/c he has a lot of room for errors. If I have meter and I want the life lead Ill extra off of a combo

Wemfs

I don't understand how Ex portal execution is 51 frames and Ex portal duration is 46 frames. Shouldn't the duration be longer?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I don't understand how Ex portal execution is 51 frames and Ex portal duration is 46 frames. Shouldn't the duration be longer?
Maybe its 56 or maybe ex portal comes out in 41? could be a typo. Ill message somberness

You keep saying teleslam for advantage. What kind of adv does Noob get on teleslam?

just read the past 2 pages or just wait around 2 weeks for my guide to come out

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
just try dashing or doing any form of movement after b2 yourself o.o

Hitoshura

Head Cage
just try dashing or doing any form of movement after b2 yourself o.o
u do realize tht this statement u just made implies all moves recovery frames dnt mattter if u dash after its been executed.

Now if this was actually true then there would be block infinites in mk9 bydoing one poke tht gives enough frame advatage on block then u would dash after wards to "cancel out of recovery frames" and repeast same string

u do realize tht makes NO FUCKING SENSE AT ALL!

This b2 [dash] throw may work online b/c we all knw how terribly netplay for mk9 is, but in irl this doesn't work.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
no what I'm saying is even though it is neutral on block, the move has comparable ending delay to for example, Cage's 2, so it creates the ILLUSION that you are + on block. The opponent will be even more confused if you mix up throwing after b+2, or completing the string, or continuing pressure in other ways

I'm not trying to say "omg please use dis tactic its underuzed and it kan save da noobzz!1!" but imo, b+2 pressure is something worthwhile looking into.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
no what I'm saying is even though it is neutral on block, the move has comparable ending delay to for example, Cage's 2, so it creates the ILLUSION that you are + on block. The opponent will be even more confused if you mix up throwing after b+2, or completing the string, or continuing pressure in other ways

I'm not trying to say "omg please use dis tactic its underuzed and it kan save da noobzz!1!" but imo, b+2 pressure is something worthwhile looking into.

NO i get what ur saying now! Me and Altaire just tested it. You can buffer throw right after b2 . Creats the illusion tht its instant recovery but its not. Also its to quick for your opponent to react to.

its becomes a 50/50 grab mixup. Jip b2 throw. If they respect it theyll start ducking it w/o blocking and u can just do b214 instead and finish the string for the combo. This is a great find dude!

GOOD SHIT!!! More throw mixups thanks pimp

Altaire

Noob
FYI, I got kind of dragged into this, thought "What the fuck is this guy even talking about", went to test it and then said "Wait, that's actually really good, I like it".

Very nice find. Because of the slight delay on the second hit of B2 1, the timing is about the same for B2 throw, and it's too quick to react to. Noob doesn't really get B2 very often without some setup, but at least this gives him a good 50/50 when he does, especially since his throw is the platform for another mixup. Keep up the good work.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
NO i get what ur saying now! Me and Altaire just tested it. You can buffer throw right after b2 . Creats the illusion tht its instant recovery but its not. Also its to quick for your opponent to react to.

its becomes a 50/50 grab mixup. Jip b2 throw. If they respect it theyll start ducking it w/o blocking and u can just do b214 instead and finish the string for the combo. This is a great find dude!

GOOD SHIT!!! More throw mixups thanks pimp
Does it work on b1 throw? That is a pretty stealth throw as well, he grabs you right through the shadow of the b1

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Does it work on b1 throw? That is a pretty stealth throw as well, he grabs you right through the shadow of the b1
see i used to do this but u can jump out of it after a blocked b1

b1 throw was good for one reason and 1 reason only which was using the hitbox of b1 to increase the range of noobs throw.

D. R.

Noob

Man, it's like someone read my guide to being solid with Noob! Maybe other's should read it more thoroughly as well. It's got some good shit in it that WORKS!

iroku

Noob
i red a line from DR.. i was looking for it but... he said something like "noob has reach its pottencial it is now over" you get it, i was felling what he was saying...
Saddest line ever :/ and know im happy again. TY Hito, your guide is great D.R. im just happy its not finished.