What's new

Noob.Com updated and reset with more clues!

I'm confused -- I let everyone know I had it so that you guys could stop looking while I tweeted Boon to see if it was legit. And if I hadn't dropped it at all, everyone would still be looking.

There's no reason for the nonstop crying -- I didn't want to ruin a fun contest for everyone if it hadn't been completed yet.
People wanted to know the code, and it felt like a waste of time because it wasn't mentioned before.
Whether it was legit, a bug or a blank page, a simple "it's a blank page" or "here's the code" would have sufficed.
No need to be all cryptic and keep people searching for nothing.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
WoW you guys make it harder than it is. He already said there would be 3 Injustice reveals today... Three and only 3.

did you identify a pattern that led you to those digits? if so, it might help us get there more quickly the next time w/out having to put hordes of people on it

Zmoke

= zσмвιє ѕмσкє, тнє cυяяєηт ѕтαтυѕ σƒ тσм νявα∂αѕѕ
Potential tip:

+ 5
_______

Considering 3 and E are one upon the other. Also: trident = 3
My theory from the earlier page apparently worked with this one (8319). Ah well, somebody tested it before me. It proved a precious tip regardless.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
did you identify a pattern that led you to those digits? if so, it might help us get there more quickly the next time w/out having to put hordes of people on it
I found a smarter way to get around all the google doc stuff and all the methods people were trying. But -- by the fact that I found it so quickly, you can pretty much guarantee that if it's ever done again, we won't be able to do it the same way.

It took a lot of thinking, a bit of diagramming, and some knowledge of how websites work.

Also fyi telling people that the only way that they'll know is to follow your twitter sounds hella shady, like you did this just for twitter follows.
There are about 5 people hanging out in this thread.. I wouldn't go through a heap of trouble to get 5 followers. I just figured it would help to have more people RT it to Boon since he wasn't replying to the individual tweets.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
While it leads to a blank page, I would like to point out the blank page has a ton more source code than the homepage, so that might be where we're supposed to look next...

trufenix

bye felicia
I found a smarter way to get around all the google doc stuff and all the methods people were trying. But -- by the fact that I found it so quickly, you can pretty much guarantee that if it's ever done again, we won't be able to do it the same way.

It took a lot of thinking, a bit of diagramming, and some knowledge of how websites work.
You are truly a man of mystery. Please stop posting, we just got the children to go back to their beds.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I like how everyone is butthurt.

If you're spending your days figuring out codes for a picture you can't say your time is being wasted, :p
Webpages themselves hold a ton of information if you know where to look, especially when they use Javascript and Ajax type things.
If this were a weekend... it wouldn't have taken long to figure out the code...
I only looked for maybe 10 mins.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Webpages themselves hold a ton of information if you know where to look, especially when they use Javascript and Ajax type things.
If this were a weekend... it wouldn't have taken long to figure out the code...
I only looked for maybe 10 mins.
The code for this was mostly on the server itself (a smart choice given what happened with the character/injustice.com stuff), rather than in the browser -- which meant that traditional snooping would not have worked. Otherwise, it'd have taken 5 mins instead of 30. I did look there first, though :)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Left to play Otomedius Excellent as Kokoro Belmont to try and shoot the core for get win lols. Anyhow what did I miss in here?

*Reads last three pages*
I regret nothing in my choice to leave this and go play a shmup.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
While it leads to a blank page, I would like to point out the blank page has a ton more source code than the homepage, so that might be where we're supposed to look next...
It does?

<html>
<head>
<title>noob.com</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=550,user-scalable=no" />
<style>
body {
background-color:black;
overflow:hidden;
color:white;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
BLANK PAGE
</body>
</html>

I did notice one of the pages has a whole paragraph of "TheQ" though...

The Question???

There are about 5 people hanging out in this thread.. I wouldn't go through a heap of trouble to get 5 followers. I just figured it would help to have more people RT it to Boon since he wasn't replying to the individual tweets.
"There are about 5 people hanging out in this thread.." as of NOW.
There were 45 people looking through the Google docs stuff and trying to update it a little while back.

Reedoms

Noob
I don't think there's anything special about the page. It's barely got .3KB worth of data on it while the other pages had at least 3 to 3.5KB.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I don't think there's anything special about the page. It's barely got .3KB worth of data on it while the other pages had at least 3 to 3.5KB.
All that's there, is the code necessary to create a black page with a white background.