What's new

No Lex Love?

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I don't and wont. At least not Anytime soon. That's probably why alot of people won't play him. His combo options. But maybe a little later in the game people will pick him up just for fun. You know just to mess around with when they get bored and wanna try him just for the sake of testing him out.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
People tend to avoid set up characters in the beginning stages of games, too difficult to do much when people just jump and do stupid shit all day.

This will probably be Cyrax 2.0 later down the line. I like him, but I feel I need to evolve my spacing and fundamentals before I give him a go. :)

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Lex/ WW / Batman
Will go through a weird post demo phase.
Now people getting the character they want to play as ass handed to them, they fall back on Batman.
WW and Lex will see an influx while Batman will see a steady decline after people become more comfortable with the cast

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
People tend to avoid set up characters in the beginning stages of games, too difficult to do much when people just jump and do stupid shit all day.

This will probably be Cyrax 2.0 later down the line. I like him, but I feel I need to evolve my spacing and fundamentals before I give him a go. :)
You have played quite of bit of fighting games, right? You'd probably be able to jump right to him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I can't use him online. His bf2 input always messes up for me.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You have played quite of bit of fighting games, right? You'd probably be able to jump right to him.
I've never really connected with heavy set up characters beyond just for fun, it's always been zoners and hybrids for me.

Just requires a different mindset I'm excited to adapt to. :)

Doesn't surprise me considering his low combo options and his setting up traps potential. I'm sure we will see an influx of players once an offline player shows his true potential.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I've never really connected with heavy set up characters beyond just for fun, it's always been zoners and hybrids for me.

Just requires a different mindset I'm excited to adapt to. :)
I'd say I'd play you when that happens, but you're on PSN :( scrub

Reactions: RYX

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Does Lex really only have that main 112 set up and a b13 combo? All his specials are nice, but is there anything more we can get from him? Forums are bursting with info but lex seems dead. * feel free to link to your own lex info thread*

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Does he really NEED combos?
From my understanding- he is a trap/spacing character- making your opponents life hell trying to get in, and if they do- bash his ass back to full screen and reset your traps.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
He is definitely not garbage. I think he's the best big character honestly.
Really? over grundy and bane?! I'm also having fun with grundy, but I haven't tried bane. I'm addicted to lex's shoulder esp on spacing to get in, but stay out of range.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Does he really NEED combos?
From my understanding- he is a trap/spacing character- making your opponents life hell trying to get in, and if they do- bash his ass back to full screen and reset your traps.
Yeah but domination is always a plus right, OR should I say superiority?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yeah but domination is always a plus right?
Haha.. Doesn't hurt!
I just don't think you will see too many Sexy Lexy combo vids.. Mainly, functional combos that will buy you more space to drop more mines and fricken "laser beams"
:)