What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwolf Match Up Chart

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
As for the sub zero discussion...
Me and Tom Brady have talked about this on the phone and text and theory fought it to the bone.

Truth is this...mid screen isn't a picnic either for Nw. D4 is just the first half but isn't really the problem. 21 cannot be ducked by NW so he gets safe pressure behind a clone all day. I can armor through it yes but How do I build meter back if I can't do chip damage? The occasional arrow or lightning? Nope. It's not enough. Using eh shoulder through clone is usually a waste when you can time a eh lightning at the same time and get 32%. Eh shoulder is asking to lose this MU but lightning can make hm jump giving some use to axe . Besides that, if he ends in 122 shoulder he can avoid the corner but he has to watch out for eh slide if he gets sub in the corner cause it switches as well as being pushed into the corner himself. Basically all nw has is lightning and hoping that sub jumps...it's unfortunate and I hate to say it but...Tom was right.

4-6 subs favor.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sorry I thnk EVO is out of the question for me this year. I have only played one match (if my poor memory serves me right) against mr mil mileena and it was online, at pigs house, and it means nothing. I did win however that is not the basis of my chart. We should run it as soon as possible to get more exp. same goes for Mr. Mileena. Theory suggests IMO that reflect is his best tool for this MU with shoulder to move hm towards her and pushing her to the corner.
I play a different style of sindel then mr mil that kills both those theories. I'm able to utilize the flight cancel fireballs better then any sindel out there. Where as he's better at utilizing the flight cancel up close game. Reflect is not a good tool in this match up. Sindels fireballs aren't like other characters. I'm able to bait out reflect with my flight cancels and shoot out another fireball in your recovery from your reflect. Yadda yadda yadda. Next time your at piggies house let me know. We'll play some match to see how it is.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I play a different style of sindel then mr mil that kills both those theories. I'm able to utilize the flight cancel fireballs better then any sindel out there. Where as he's better at utilizing the flight cancel up close game. Reflect is not a good tool in this match up. Sindels fireballs aren't like other characters. I'm able to bait out reflect with my flight cancels and shoot out another fireball in your recovery from your reflect. Yadda yadda yadda. Next time your at piggies house let me know. We'll play some match to see how it is.

Absolutely.

Just FYI. I'm just as aware of flight cancel fakes and reflect baits as you are about reflect.

Just keep in mind I can't reflect shit online...the delay makes it impossible sometimes to react to them

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Absolutely.

Just FYI. I'm just as aware of flight cancel fakes and reflect baits as you are about reflect.

Just keep in mind I can't reflect shit online...the delay makes it impossible sometimes to react to them
yep understand. Either way it's still a good gauge on how the match is played. Sindel can also levitate over his dash giving her the freedom to do her double fireball air dash with out much risk.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Kung Lao is 5-5 because his only damage comes off of ex tele (beaten by ex choke) or roll to throw and tic throws. But once nightwolf blocks a spin or dive kick he can take 1/2 life. Nw has to lame out some wins but a win is a win. Tele gets an uppercut or d1 axe EVERY time offline forcing Lao to roll or wiff dive kick to get in. He can do f2 but it becomes ALL footsies in this MU cause nw slows down him mobility and forces him to chip hm to death. It's 5-5 as far as I can tell.

UsedForGlue. Any thoughts on KL MU?
Yea man, I would agree that KL vs NW is 5-5

Nightwolf does very well against Kung Lao players when they resort to Wiffed Dive kicks to get in, Kung Lao players can't gimmick their way in with Low Hat hats, baiting a reflect then dive kick wiffing in, that won't work against good nightwolf players, as they will just dash block in on the dive kick range and ruin Kung Lao for that, and NW's punishment in open space pretty damaging...

Nightwolf can force KL to spin allot too, especially after F312 on block, Kung Lao can do nothing expect block NW's poke, or Spin, so it can come down to that string allot more in this match.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's a slow match but dash reflect works well to get in. At jump distance you might start doing up knee opening up lightning or start attacking but his footsies aren't as good with normals. If you make one mistake nw is in with a big combo. And with shoulder/eh shoulder he can stay in even after you breaker.

@beeneeweenies might have a say. He is very good with Kano and makes me work for wins. His footsies with normals are better than you thnk and they open up his balls(hehe).

The only reason it isn't is because nw f3 is too slow and he can't keep pressure after a combo". He doesn't have a consistent answer to d4 and he has to work so hard to get in. If mil doesn't tele or throw sais, she controls all the space until she hits the wall. Then she has breaker and can ex tele to be facing opposite side again. If I can steal meter I can win other wise it's a pain. This match is almost lamer than raiden at the highest level. Pig Of The Hut. Any thoughts?
agreed

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea man, I would agree that KL vs NW is 5.5.

Nightwolf do very well against Kung Lao players when they resort to Wiffed Dive kicks to get in, Kung Lao players can't gimmick their way in with Low Hat hats, baiting a reflect then dive kick wiffing in, that won't work against good nightwolf players, as they will just dash block in on the dive kick range and ruin Kung Lao for that, and NW's punishment in open space pretty damaging...

Nightwolf can force KL to spin allot too, especially after F312 on block, Kung Lao can do nothing expect block NW's poke, or Spin, so it can come down to that string allot more in this match.
U must be in my head. I...uhh...have nothing to add.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Hey lotf and big d if you both or one of you are going to evo I'd really suggest we get some games in to test this nightwolf vs sindel match up. And also play Mr. Mileena sindel.

I say it's 5-5 no way does nw have advantage.

My sponsor says he wants to take me to EVO, but my family planned a week long trip to the keys from the 4-12th for their 25th anniversary...I dont know if I want to miss the Keys. They rented out a house and everything. But EVO is...EVO lol. I just need to come up with a decision soon. I think I will base my decision off of my placing at CEO 2012. L0rdoftheFLY I hope you can make it

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My sponsor says he wants to take me to EVO, but my family planned a week long trip to the keys from the 4-12th for their 25th anniversary...I dont know if I want to miss the Keys. They rented out a house and everything. But EVO is...EVO lol. I just need to come up with a decision soon. I think I will base my decision off of my placing at CEO 2012. L0rdoftheFLY I hope you can make it
Wow awesome.

Ther is like 99% chance I'm not going. I'm pissed about it but I just dont have the time with work. Too much travel.

I always have to remind myself that family comes first. It's hard though when evo is staring you in the face. Its harder when its free(or almost free) . You can still make the first part of your trip before evo. It's a tough one.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Your family will always love you, but we will not if you miss EVO!! :)

Good luck on your decision, either way, you win!

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Hey lotf and big d if you both or one of you are going to evo I'd really suggest we get some games in to test this nightwolf vs sindel match up. And also play Mr. Mileena sindel.

I say it's 5-5 no way does nw have advantage.
I think it's 5-5. Nightwolf controls the zoning with his Reflect but Sindel is a good turtle character like Nightwolf.

It could go either way, that I'm very certain of.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I think it's 5-5. Nightwolf controls the zoning with his Reflect but Sindel is a good turtle character like Nightwolf.

It could go either way, that I'm very certain of.
wtf :confused: she controls the zoning in this match up.. Nightwolf wants to be in her face 100% f+3 axe stuff.

is nightwolf a turtle character??? im so confused..

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
wtf :confused: she controls the zoning in this match up.. Nightwolf wants to be in her face 100% f+3 axe stuff.

is nightwolf a turtle character??? im so confused..
Sindel can't shoot any Fireballs full screen in that MU. He uses Reflect and even the ones in the air can hit her back, she has a better shot at close up Fireballs in hopes he doesn't have gdlk reflexes to Reflect it back. That aspect plus she can't stay on the ground either with the threat of Lightning keeps Sindel always alert. Ognar uses the term 'camping' on Nightwolf he basically wants you to come over to him. Nightwolf doesn't need to chase Sindel because she can't do anything from full screen at all, however she can bait his offense game which is why the MU is 5-5 IMO. It can go either way if played carefully.

I played this MU with FOREVER SWAGG and ripcrowley on XBL and SwagtasticMane on PSN, reference.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel can't shoot any Fireballs full screen in that MU. He uses Reflect and even the ones in the air can hit her back, she has a better shot at close up Fireballs in hopes he doesn't have gdlk reflexes to Reflect it back. That aspect plus she can't stay on the ground either with the threat of Lightning keeps Sindel always alert. Ognar uses the term 'camping' on Nightwolf he basically wants you to come over to him. Nightwolf doesn't need to chase Sindel because she can't do anything from full screen at all, however she can bait his offense game which is why the MU is 5-5 IMO. It can go either way if played carefully.

I played this MU with FOREVER SWAGG and ripcrowley on XBL and SwagtasticMane on PSN, reference.
im sorry but you are 100% wrong on this match up..iread alot of your stuff on match ups in this game i mind my business and ignore. no way will i ignore this. all im going to say is you are 100% wrong..

you dont use and most sindel dont use the Flight cancel fireballs, you clearly dont know the match up.. the thunder doesnt hit her specials moves like the flight.. sindel renders the lightning move useless. a flight cancel fireball 3 will bait out a reflect which allows sindel to flight cancel fireball 1 punish his reflect try.. night wolf owns the match up upclose, if you are beating a nightwolf player upclose you are playing a weak nightwolf..

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
you dont use and most sindel dont use the Flight cancel fireballs
The problem with Levitate~Fireballs is sometimes she levitates in the air and she gets stuck there, not sure if that's a glitch or not because I can't even shoot. However, I do find her 44~Fireball interesting in this MU blocked, on hit and from midscreen.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Your family will always love you, but we will not if you miss EVO!! :)

Good luck on your decision, either way, you win!
Lol <3. I havent made my decision but its tough. I wanna meet the Euro crew and get some matches with everyone. Also, I am only 20 so its not like I would miss the big Vegas trip since I cant do shit lol. But I'll hopefully have my decision after CEO

NKZero

Noob
Can Kung Lao spin punish the axe swing on block at touching distance? Also same goes for Reptile I guess.

NKZero

Noob
Reptile can If on the frame I believe(blocked axe is -6). Kl cannot. He wiff punishes it with 21 all day though
Yeah man it is -6 which is why I was curious. I for some reason have a problem block confirming into F312 which sounds retarded because Nightwolf's strings should give you enough time. So I always do F31-axe swing on block. But I want to have decent follow-up options if I am at 0 on block. Is it maybe a case of me inputting the commands too quickly? Like can you do the 2 or the axe swing after F31 is actually performed on the screen?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
im sorry but you are 100% wrong on this match up..iread alot of your stuff on match ups in this game i mind my business and ignore. no way will i ignore this. all im going to say is you are 100% wrong..

you dont use and most sindel dont use the Flight cancel fireballs, you clearly dont know the match up.. the thunder doesnt hit her specials moves like the flight.. sindel renders the lightning move useless. a flight cancel fireball 3 will bait out a reflect which allows sindel to flight cancel fireball 1 punish his reflect try.. night wolf owns the match up upclose, if you are beating a nightwolf player upclose you are playing a weak nightwolf..
It's easier said than done yes but I don't think he is 100% wrong. If you correctly bait 5 reflects I'm bound to correctly reflect a shit ton. This is theory really but I'm aware of reflect baiting and understand the process. Nw can also build tons of meter doing reflect that allows him to get in with Eh shoulder.

we will fight it out but I still don't see how it's even. With reflect and a free in with eh shoulder and nw pressure I feel like he wins on the whole screen

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah man it is -6 which is why I was curious. I for some reason have a problem block confirming into F312 which sounds retarded because Nightwolf's strings should give you enough time. So I always do F31-axe swing on block. But I want to have decent follow-up options if I am at 0 on block. Is it maybe a case of me inputting the commands too quickly? Like can you do the 2 or the axe swing after F31 is actually performed on the screen?
No u can't hit confirm it