What's new

Guide Nightwolf competition guide

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Major thanks for the thread LOTF! I love make-shift pokes into specials (ie cr. jab into axe) since I think they work really really well.

I have video of some matches of back when my NW was like 3 days old. I'm working hard on maintaining him as my main :)

Nice man. Pretty decent nightwolf. I can tell your lightyears ahead of your friend.

Second post updated with nightwolf vs kenshi and cage

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
The Devastation 2011 vids have come in, and I played Nightwolf in a few of them. I've since stopped playing Nightwolf, but it doesn't hurt to get tips on my overall game. Unfortunately, the level of skill was pretty low, so they aren't the greatest videos, but hey.

Vs. PhatManC

Vs. Red Reaper

Vs. Red Reaper II

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
First match you posted you were a little rusty but as games went on you did better. Your combos are pretty solid but your footsies need work.

I like the d1 axe pressure but you never used jab pressure. Standing 1, f3, dash d3 are great jabs for pressure. Over all man pretty solid. Pick him back up bro.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I would, but playing DetroitBallin's Shang Tsung and Skarlett and MortySeinfield's Sonya regularly will make you wish you never played Nightwolf lol. Thanks for the critique.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Second post updated with Battle and brew winners and grand finals with me vs Clint the beast and atl redd.

Huge update coming soon for guide...stay tuned.

May I ask nightwolf players in term of punishment on a ducked shoulder (can you punish it by a full combo?). And what is the frame on nw on a blocked ex shoulder? Thanks guys

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
in the corneri like to throw out the f312f312f312f3shoulder for 44%(47%w jip) sometimes if you drop it your opponent will try to get up and punish you and get rejuggled by the popup. if you drop it and they wake up on you, use that to your advantage and next time drop it on purpose to see if they try to wake up again then block and punish i don't always use this cuz it is very timing specific. i also like
1221 b2 f312 d1 choke for 43%
b22 b2 f312 d1 choke for 44%
1221 b2 f312 d1 eh choke for 45%
b22 b2 f312 d1 eh choke for46%
you can do these same combos and end w standing 1 xray for 54% and 56% respectfully but i never do like my breakers and armor moves too much. oh and you can add like 2% to all these combos by starting with jip

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Im posting this video of the winner's finals at CEO Winterfest, not because I think I did good, but because I believe I adapted to this fight well. I am open to any criticism being that I got some serious work to do before FR lol.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
at least one nw will be repped in france, i couldnt go because i couldnt get time off work which i am fucking raging at!! good luck dude

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This second post will be saved for tourney vids. I will post mine and any other high level vids people post of nightwolf. Thanks in advance. Here is one of me at evo.

Nw vs ermac

Nw vs cyrax

Nw vs mileena

Atlanta revival Grand Finals
Atl redd and atl batman VS L0rdoftheFLY and Pig of the hut

Impact Clash ATL long video of matches but LOTF(NW) vs Chris G (reptile) at 33:20

Game Galaxy tournament NW vs Raiden

ATL Level Up Group LOTF vs Batman part 1

Part 2

Nightwolf vs cage and kenshi THE_SNKE vs Jack Burton

Battle and Brew winners finals
LOTF (NW) VS Clint the Beast (noob, jax, Sonya)

Battle and Brew Grand Finals
LOTF (NW) VS Atl Redd (Smoke, Lui Kang)

CEO Orlando
Big D (NW) VS Reptile
Can you guys see all the matches that are posted?

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
do we have any frame data for the following, i cant seem to find it anywhere?

eh axe on block
eh choke on block
choke on block

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Not exact frame data but I've tested plenty so these are educated guesses

Eh axe is neutral
Eh choke is -3
Choke is -1

I don't use eh choke oe choke as block strings cause I'm at disadvantage. But ex axe I'm neutral so I use it often!