What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
eh I just feel comfortable with the MU its not free, there is a struggle but its all back and forth so I say its still 5-5

macro

Eezeepeezee
What i found out about the Zod matchup is that Ground Spark is your best tool so much so that it will trade with low lasers,
it will also hit Zod out of inst air Zod Balls. So then Zod will start throwing out higher projectiles and that will give you more
of a chance to dash in. Also Ground Spark can duck under the pistol. You can kind of range out Zod with the move as long
as he does not have trait out. And when he does put trait out when your zoning with Ground Spark try and MB it
when you think hes about to activate it, so then you can start going in with your presrue. I also looked into this later
but it's best to stuff Zods wake ups with Staff Spin you just need to time it wright. the one thing about zod waking
up is that zod will wake up with push alot and that is what Staff Spin is best at stuffing But it's ok at stuffing
Zod Charge but you can kind of tell when he will wake up with that and that's when you punish it with
B2 and push him more too the corner. Also your J3 in Escrima is great in this matchup and in alot other as well, Nightwing can even beat out Zod J1 with your J3. The one thing about this matchup is you have to be very passive aggressive. Well that's all i have for know.

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I fight at 12:11 vs a flash lima bean--- 15:20 vs a mmh Shazzyamm--- 30:28 vs a zod Vikiing
There's more where I win and lose, but these are the ones I wanna concentrate on for now.

I made some really bad reads vs Viking toward the end there, mb b3 and mb ground pound were literally racing in my head, i chose wrong. Vs the mmh, i just played bad all together, when i mounted my comeback j3 fucking whiffs and i die..

@TheBoyBlunder
@Sajam
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@macro
@Viking305
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Where can I improve, im open to any and all criticism...

Note: Im not a KOH kinda guy, i prefer sets where i can adapt to the player, where my play style will change through the matches.

gpmoney

too much staff brah. Less staffWing more escrima. you gotta get comfy in both stances so it will be easy for you to transition mid match when necessary.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
We both lost to Viking, so im curious as to what should be done in both stances.. Another thing im interested is the stances vs Flash. My staff wing beat lima while your escrima lost, but Murks escrima wing also defeated Lima.. I think im going to start incorporating the escrima frametraps, and less gimmicks.

I do 100% agree that i need to strengthen my escrima game, thx.

gpmoney

@Dirtylova play styles and MU knowledge. I used to play lima every day we went back and forth. He was trying to adapt to the different NW styles since there was a lobby full of us. as for Viking he practices against NW also and knows the MU. @macro can tell you alot about the Zod MU as for flash I have a hard time adapting. Lima has a hot and nasty flash that flusters most players lol. I cant watch the vid cause im at Work but I remember some of it lol.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
We both lost to Viking, so im curious as to what should be done in both stances.. Another thing im interested is the stances vs Flash. My staff wing beat lima while your escrima lost, but Murks escrima wing also defeated Lima.. I think im going to start incorporating the escrima frametraps, and less gimmicks.

I do 100% agree that i need to strengthen my escrima game, thx.
MUs change depending on what stance NW is in. Some I'll play most in staff (Flash,WoWo) and others escrima (Bane, AM) But I'll almost never stay in 1 stance.

Playing you D1rty, you seem to rely on staff the most. You seem uncomfortable in escrima.
Both stances have their uses and i think it would up your game to master escrima. Also, maybe... cut down on the fullscreen FG brah:)

gpmoney

@Dirtylova once you get comfy in both stances every match will be easier because you will know when to use NW's tools in situations.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
MUs change depending on what stance NW is in. Some I'll play most in staff (Flash,WoWo) and others escrima (Bane, AM) But I'll almost never stay in 1 stance.

Playing you D1rty, you seem to rely on staff the most. You seem uncomfortable in escrima.
Both stances have their uses and i think it would up your game to master escrima. Also, maybe... cut down on the fullscreen FG brah:)
@Dirtylova once you get comfy in both stances every match will be easier because you will know when to use NW's tools in situations.

Thx guys.

The only MU's im reallly struggling with right now are, well,, our bad mu's.. GL,cyborg, sinestro < I practically stay in escrima Vs these 3.. I think mmh and zod are very winnable, like 6-4 winnable. << This is why im asking about the matches i posted.

So in a nutshell, im hittiin the lab and strengthening my escrima game, i kinda have to for noobs like shazzy cause he learned i start getting fg happy LOL Nw mu for the migraine :)

gpmoney

@Dirtylova learn the frame tramps and neutral game. after you get that down you can easily transition into the optimal combos

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I fight at 12:11 vs a flash lima bean--- 15:20 vs a mmh Shazzyamm--- 30:28 vs a zod Vikiing
There's more where I win and lose, but these are the ones I wanna concentrate on for now.

I made some really bad reads vs Viking toward the end there, mb b3 and mb ground pound were literally racing in my head, i chose wrong. Vs the mmh, i just played bad all together, when i mounted my comeback j3 fucking whiffs and i die..

@TheBoyBlunder
@Sajam
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@macro
@Viking305
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Where can I improve, im open to any and all criticism...

Note: Im not a KOH kinda guy, i prefer sets where i can adapt to the player, where my play style will change through the matches.

Make sure you're optimising your combos and you could try using some of Escrima's frame-traps more. Also don't be afraid to pushblock if Flash is pressuring you with trait. And vs MMH you looked very scared to press buttons at fullscreen. I'm not the most experienced at this MU but you can use ground pound to zone him out. And make sure you're aware of your options post-teleport. Finally, try to keep a cool head. In some matches you went for the weirdest combos, or did stuff like B2 xx EF without knowing it'd hit. But overall, you have a nice Dick ;)

Last edited:

gpmoney

also as for online dose anyone else get EF after b2 when trying to do B2, 3, EF? the 3 never comes out and EF whiffs. This literally only happens online and its soooo annoying lol

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Make sure you're optimising your combos. Also don't be afraid to pushblock if Flash is pressuring you with trait. And vs MMH you looked very scared to press buttons at fullscreen. I'm not the most experienced at this MU but you can use ground pound to zone him out. And make sure you're aware of your options post-teleport. Finally, try to keep a cool head. In some matches you went for the weirdest combos, or did stuff like B2 xx EF without knowing it'd hit. But overall, you have a nice Dick ;)
I do well vs mmh, its just me and shazz play that mu alot, i was waiting for the yolo jump tele lol Also, the wu b2 ef, i usually try and condition people with the b2 flip kick, then start going for the ef, but your right, that would have to be a read "lucky guess" for it to hit. Gotta stop doing that. thx broski

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
What's the frame data on Wraith Slash? That's when Zod's trait buddy swipes at you. I would like to know if it's negative and how much.

I think you guys would do better in the run back. blocking low back to stand blocking will be vital when Zod is up close with trait, at the same time they mix up but preferably the basic go to is low kick into trait grab.

I'm pretty sure Wraith Slash is negative enough for NW to swing after blocking, I know NW doesn't have the fastest set of normals but I did work my way out of Zod's trait by being a little more aggressive, sometimes even MB F3 as quick as possible(very risky since Zod and trait can break MB armor).

You guys look good in the match up using ground sparks and ground blast to interrupt Zod, that's key to the match and you can never use enough of those, my thing is:

This match you want to keep Zod desperate and not let him get in position to call out trait(normally after he knocks you down or MB Fireball in the air from full screen)
I would go to practice mode and work on dashing in 3-4 times to get under Zod's air MB fireballs. It brings NW under Zod and if you do it on reaction you can get a D2 or 113 under him. If you read Air MB Fireballs, but Zod does IAFB, just block low and walk him down. He won't have the balls to do MB Air Fireballs at close range so you don't have to worry about Zod getting trait out.

Overall, good footage, I appreciate your guys contributions.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
also as for online dose anyone else get EF after b2 when trying to do B2, 3, EF? the 3 never comes out and EF whiffs. This literally only happens online and its soooo annoying lol
Dude, lets hug it out. I know the same exact struggle. When that first started happening, I just worked on the timing. It just depends on how bad the connection I'm facing. If theres a 2 second delay then I just pray to god my confirms work.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Thx guys.

The only MU's im reallly struggling with right now are, well,, our bad mu's.. GL,cyborg, sinestro < I practically stay in escrima Vs these 3.. I think mmh and zod are very winnable, like 6-4 winnable. << This is why im asking about the matches i posted.

So in a nutshell, im hittiin the lab and strengthening my escrima game, i kinda have to for noobs like shazzy cause he learned i start getting fg happy LOL Nw mu for the migraine :)
I wish I was on Xbox, you have so many great NW's to learn from.

gpmoney

Dude, lets hug it out. I know the same exact struggle. When that first started happening, I just worked on the timing. It just depends on how bad the connection I'm facing. If theres a 2 second delay then I just pray to god my confirms work.
lol, it didnt start happening till that last balance patch. its annoying because I have to just assume that the b2 was not blocked and follow through because injustice has dial in inputs lol.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
lol, it didnt start happening till that last balance patch. its annoying because I have to just assume that the b2 was not blocked and follow through because injustice has dial in inputs lol.
imo, B2 and 3 should have less frame start up. 15 and 14 frames is too much for rush/acrobat. I had a dream that 3 was a low starter(WW style) lol

gpmoney

imo, B2 and 3 should have less frame start up. 15 and 14 frames is too much for rush/acrobat. I had a dream that 3 was a low starter(WW style) lol
lol @TheBoyBlunder its the dial in system in injustice! in other games you can go 'oh that confirmed'? ok full conversion. in injustice everything has to be dialed in and anticipated

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So this is my MU list for this point in the game as a NW player. Obviously some of these will change as time goes on. When I go into each of these MU this is my mental thought process on how the MU should go. Thoughts? He seems very balanced and very viable based on these numbers. Some great mu and some bad ones. I think I may use Scorpion as my counter to his 3-7 mu.

7-3 = 4

6-4 = 9

5-5 = 8

4-6 = 5

3-7 = 4

Aquaman 5-5

Bane 6-4

Batgirl 5-5

Batman 5-5

Ares 6-4

Cyborg 3-7

Black Adam 4-6

Catwoman 6-4

Deathstroke 6-4

Doomsday 6-4

Flash 5-5

Green Lantern 4-6

Green Arrow 7-3

Harley 4-6

Hawkgirl 3-7

Joker 6-4 (Infinite may change this to 5-5)

Killer Frost 6-4

Lex Luthor 7-3

Lobo 5-5

Martian ManHunter 6-4 (yes I said it)

Nightwing 5-5

Raven 5-5

Scorp 7-3

Shazam 7-3

Sinestro 3-7

Soloman Grundy 6-4

Superman 4-6

WonderWoman 5-5

Zatanna 4-6

Zod 3-7

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So this is my MU list for this point in the game as a NW player. Obviously some of these will change as time goes on. When I go into each of these MU this is my mental thought process on how the MU should go. Thoughts? He seems very balanced and very viable based on these numbers. Some great mu and some bad ones. I think I may use Scorpion as my counter to his 3-7 mu.

7-3 = 4

6-4 = 9

5-5 = 8

4-6 = 5

3-7 = 4

Aquaman 5-5

Bane 6-4

Batgirl 5-5

Batman 5-5

Ares 6-4

Cyborg 3-7

Black Adam 4-6

Catwoman 6-4

Deathstroke 6-4

Doomsday 6-4

Flash 5-5

Green Lantern 4-6

Green Arrow 7-3

Harley 4-6

Hawkgirl 3-7

Joker 6-4 (Infinite may change this to 5-5)

Killer Frost 6-4

Lex Luthor 7-3

Lobo 5-5

Martian ManHunter 6-4 (yes I said it)

Nightwing 5-5

Raven 5-5

Scorp 7-3

Shazam 7-3

Sinestro 3-7

Soloman Grundy 6-4

Superman 4-6

WonderWoman 5-5

Zatanna 4-6

Zod 3-7
You think NW beats Killer Frost? Seems like a lot of his bread and butter pressure gets shut down really really hard by parry. Why do you think it is advantage?