What's new

Next Mortal Kombat "confirmed" in development; will release alongside feature film

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lol @ first poster, the mk films are lightyears better then anything sf has put out. Id even wager mkl has gotten way more views and better feedback then sf chun li film or sfl..

On a sidenote, seriously who plays fighters on a pc at this point anyway much less mk 9? Lol haters....

Nrs wont fail given their recent track record.

This news rocks btw

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
They never actually said they were working on MK10, for all we know they'll end up making another Shaolin Monks style game to go along with the movie. Personally I'd rather them make something like that if for no other reason than so they can get used to the new hardware before making MK10.

That's such bullcrap that they killed Liu Kang again, for a really stupid reason too. I read ages ago that Boony wanted to do MK10 with only a few original characters and a bunch of new ones, but I'm not sure if I believe that.
That would suck if my fav character won't be in it :(

They never actually said they were working on MK10, for all we know they'll end up making another Shaolin Monks style game to go along with the movie. Personally I'd rather them make something like that if for no other reason than so they can get used to the new hardware before making MK10.
Shaolin Monks style was trash, i really hope not

Also, I have to add that if your favorite character is not Sub-zero,Scorpion,Raiden or Liu Kang, then you also worry whether your favorite character is even gonna be playable in the new game.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I was going to ask the same thing... a lot of people died in MK9's story mode...
Resurrection spam anyone?
I can definitely see Kang coming back because you can't safely tell he died. Maybe just a Kabal-like burn victim and in terms of story, I can see a connection to the legacy series where you can justify his turn to the "dark side" against Rauden after the MK9 saga. I can also see Smoke and Kuai Liang coming back since the 1st can be collected by the Lin Kuei and be turned into a cyborg after his death in the temple and Kuai Liang... well, he was already a cyborg! The good guys can fix him! :) But the bad news in this scenario is... NO HUMAN Soob-Thero (maybe a 2nd costume?)!..
From the "bad" guys, I can see Bi-Han not being dead since he was just sucked into the soulnado in the graveyard scene... So there you go! You can have a decent MK1-2-3 roster for the next gen MK, without running to silly resurrections just to have the old roster... Unfortunately, this means NO Shang Tsung... :(

i hear kano will be the only character makeing a comeback o.o
Raiden hires Kano for weapons but Kano kills off the entire Netherrealm army for No Charge. #MK10plotline

Also, I personally would like the game engine to be very similar to MK9's with the bugs taken out and new characters. That means a block button, dash blocking/ dash Cancelling, pokes, and anti airing with normals but I'm probably being a bit greedy. MK9 was my first and favorite fighter. I'll still play it regardless.

Also, if they did make their next game an adventure game I feel really sure that they would release UMK9 as well to appease the Fg crowd