What's new

Next Mortal Kombat "confirmed" in development; will release alongside feature film

VOR

Noob
hopefully this can be another reason to let mk9 die. i'd really like to see more people go deeper and put more energy into injustice instead of trying to prolong mk9's life.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Half the cast of MK9 is dead, and only a handful of characters past mk3 are any good, so it will be very interesting to see what they do.

I'm hoping for lots of new characters to the series.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
hopefully this can be another reason to let mk9 die. i'd really like to see more people go deeper and put more energy into injustice instead of trying to prolong mk9's life.

Not even MK10's release will kill MK9.

Different mechanics, different characters, I'm sure there will be a lot of people who still prefer 9.

The only thing that will really kill 9 is Street Fight 5 and Marvel 4 coming out, and making it so no one bothers to bring PS3's to tournaments anymore.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Half the cast of MK9 is dead, and only a handful of characters past mk3 are any good, so it will be very interesting to see what they do.

I'm hoping for lots of new characters to the series.
i'm hoping for what they will do with their 3D MK era jerks.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Would be hilarious if a lot of them showed up in the opening cut scene only to die and not be playable.
lol.
well, some of them have one of the best story in MK tho, unlike some halfass 2D era char (Stryker, Motaro,...), too bad their designs look like shit except Kenshi and Bo Rai Cho. I'd rather give them a chance than create new chars when you already have 60 fucking chars!!!

Sami

Noob
Also, as apparently the game is launching at the same time as the movie, there's a chance it'll be a movie tie-in game.

Movie tie-in game.

MOVIE TIE-IN GAME.

MOVIE TIE-IN GAME.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This is exacly why UMK9 would be better. all it needs is some engine improvements, rebalancing and a couple of new character. That would be playable for years.

I agree a UMK9 would be for the best, but that's just not how NRS does things.

Very interested in MK10, but it will probably be a pretty different game from MK9, and I'm sure it will turn off a bunch of MK9 players who just wanted more of the same.

Sasuga

Noob
I agree a UMK9 would be for the best, but that's just not how NRS does things.

Very interested in MK10, but it will probably be a pretty different game from MK9, and I'm sure it will turn off a bunch of MK9 players who just wanted more of the same.
MK10 will probably be a handfull of original characters and a looot of new ones...

But how do we know for sure that is going to be a fighting game? Maybe it's gonna be an adventure game based on the story of the film...