What's new

New Sonya Inf thread

ded

Elder God
its not that hard actually - leg grab, pause, bike kick, repeat

something weird i've noticed it that sometimes its blockable - sometimes not :confused:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
as long as it's done to the frame in the right situation it seems to work. Thus far everytime I've gotten an unblockable bike kick, the following leg grab is also unblockable. Otherwise the bike kick misses. It's risky attempting the bike kick though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was actually playing my DS while my kids were eating dinner tonight, and I got off the leg grab, bicycle kick twice in a row.

It is actually pretty easy. :D

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This infinite is only useful on characters who are already below her so I wouldn't worry about its practicality.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ded for discovering it has a similar property to Liu Kang's Bike Kick, where you can get unblockable hits as long as the move is performed as a counter (before they recover). However the Leg Grab Bike Kick corner situation has been known since the 90s. Only a couple years ago was it actually established as to why you can sometimes get free hits after Liu's bike kick, and I believe Dreemer was the one who put into words that it has to be done has a counter, which was a very long time ago on another board.

ded

Elder God
actualy ChaosControl should be credited for this inf at umk3 arc, and grinder for mkt n64, i only knew about some unblockable frames but thats it ;]

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
ded for discovering it has a similar property to Liu Kang's Bike Kick, where you can get unblockable hits as long as the move is performed as a counter (before they recover). However the Leg Grab Bike Kick corner situation has been known since the 90s. Only a couple years ago was it actually established as to why you can sometimes get free hits after Liu's bike kick, and I believe Dreemer was the one who put into words that it has to be done has a counter, which was a very long time ago on another board.
After some whoring of this on XBL, I noticed that the bike kick is blockable if you don't get the leg grab on a counter hit. Thank god it's a safe move lol

ded

Elder God
there is a lot story behind this shit, anyway i remember about an year ago i played vs someone, and i was liu, i get interrupted leg grab, then while i was duck blocked the guy just come to me (i was at the right side) and did unblockable bike kick, i commented that with shock and we couldnt get it, + i read chaos says it works only in the left corner but i was sure i was at the right side then... weird :confused:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The combo itself shown has been known for ages, like, even since SNES days. The unblockable technical information however is a combination effort.

The leg grab jab cancel infinite* might also have something to do with this, but it's never been finalized.

I got this up 55% the other day on live...same situation with a Kabal spin

I got leg grab, bike kick, leg grab and then fawked up on the buttons for the next bike kick :(