What's new

New Mortal Kombat Game Details: Kiefer Sutherland working on title

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
From an interview held by the IGN team, we gather a confirmation that actor Kiefer Sutherland is involved in the making of the next Mortal Kombat title. This leads us to believe that NetherRealm Studios is currently working on the highly-anticipated Mortal Kombat 10, and one can only ponder over what sort of role Mr. Sutherland has to play in its production. Below is an excerpt from IGN's interview with Mr. Sutherland...the rest can be seen at the link located near the bottom of the post. Thanks to @Cat for giving us the alert on this development!

In a recent interview with IGN, actor Kiefer Sutherland confirmed his involvement in an upcoming Mortal Kombat game.

While discussing his role as Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Sutherland said, “I did Mortal Kombat, and that's such a huge game, but it’s so not like [MGS5]."

Sutherland's been working on Metal Gear Solid for over a year, but said he completed Mortal Kombat "pretty quickly compared to [MGS5].” He did not specify his role.

Warner Brothers was unreachable for comment, and did not respond to email inquiries about Sutherland's involvement and NetherRealm's future projects.

TO BE CONTINUED AT THIS LINK: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/22/24-star-kiefer-sutherland-involved-in-mortal-kombat-game

- Article edited by AK/RM GamerBlake

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Jack Bauer/Big Boss/Naked Snake in Mortal Kombat. DAAAAAAAAAMN

It will be Kiefer Sutherland playing Mortal Kombat for 24 hours while trying to defeat Metal Gear in Outer Heaven.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Who gives a fuck about Jack Bauer being in the game.

MK10 is happening. Even though it was inevitable, I'm glad they're not wasting their time making another iOS Batman game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Even though it was inevitable, I'm glad they're not wasting their time making another iOS Batman game.
I'm pretty sure iOS is handled by a totally separate team and they can develop simultaneously and independently of each other.