What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi New MKX Gameplay Video from the Finish Him community, captured at Paris Games Week!

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Need some more MKX footage to satisfy your craving?! Not to worry! The Finish Him community has compiled a ten-minute video featuring gameplay with three characters: Quan Chi, Sub-Zero, and Kotal Kahn! Bringing it straight to you from Paris Games Week, we witness Quan Chi going against the combined might of Sub-Zero and Kotal Kahn! I know for a fact I am. Thanks go out to Dr Jackal, Owalida, and Lordrak for taking time out of their day to add to your excitement!

- edited by RM GamerBlake

Characters : Kotal Kahn, Sub Zero and Quan Chi!
Players : Dr Jackal with Quan Chi, Owalida with Sub-Zero and Lordrak with Kotal Kahn! ;)

Wanna see sick damages? Specially with Kotal Kahn? No problem, just enjoy our video and share your feedbacks! More videos are coming soon today, specially for Scorpion and Ferra/Torr!

Enjoy TYM brothers! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Wow. Quan's Trance is SO unsafe on block, LOL.

Did any of you see that? Look at the :42 mark and watch how long he's free to punish after blocking it.

Oh, oh! If you pay attention since these guys ARE blocking far more often than others, you will notice that the chip from normals doesn't seem to be ridiculous like it is in MK9.

Wait what.
How did Kotal Kahn do that much damage at 6:35 with 2 hits.

So KK in his Sun-god varation can place healing zones, sacrifice health for a big damage bonus and heal himself by grabbing people and using the move that removes the charges (from grabbing people)? That's really really interesting.

Also holy shit, that snow stage looks beautifull. Weird how off-screen footage looks 10x nicer then youtube videos.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Wait what.

Also holy shit, that snow stage looks beautifull. Weird how off-screen footage looks 10x nicer then youtube videos.
Kotal cuts himself to increase his overall damage.

If you notice, before he attacks, he slashes himself across the chest. He inflicts damage on himself to increase his overall damage temporarily. It may need to be toned down from the looks of it, however. If two uppercuts equaled over 30% damage, then that shit is gonna be mad broke.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Man I hope we see some more Kotal footage. I need to see his swagger

Wait what.

I'm pretty sure when he cuts himself he gets a damage buff. Kinda like Ruthless F/T, so basically don't let him get insane damage buffs.

Man, Quan's jump is really floaty. And Sub Zero's slide recovers so FAST now.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Some notes I've taken from this vid, don't know if they're known.

At 2:11, Sub Zero's mb projectile destroys Quan's projectile, meaning that Sub doesn't even have to take a trade, if he reads a projectile he can just let the mb rip.
At 4.55, it looks like you can combo off mb rune with trance, that makes Quan's zoning even more hellish looking. I wonder if you can use the demon to get safe trance attempts?

Quan's skull has fuck loads of pushback in this build, and his overhead has great range. If it jails into a skull, then that looks like a great little trick to check people at range, presumably positive enough on hit to get another overhead check in.

At 7.35, Quan's sky drop grants a hard knockdown into 50/50 town.

Looks like Quan's demon can go overhead with the bite, which can be caught with trance for a combo. Tidy. Could be unsafe as shit though.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Awesome stuff. It's good to see people playing and actually knowing what they are doing.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Some notes I've taken from this vid, don't know if they're known.

At 2:11, Sub Zero's mb projectile destroys Quan's projectile, meaning that Sub doesn't even have to take a trade, if he reads a projectile he can just let the mb rip.
At 4.55, it looks like you can combo off mb rune with trance, that makes Quan's zoning even more hellish looking. I wonder if you can use the demon to get safe trance attempts?

Quan's skull has fuck loads of pushback in this build, and his overhead has great range. If it jails into a skull, then that looks like a great little trick to check people at range, presumably positive enough on hit to get another overhead check in.

At 7.35, Quan's sky drop grants a hard knockdown into 50/50 town.

Looks like Quan's demon can go overhead with the bite, which can be caught with trance for a combo. Tidy. Could be unsafe as shit though.
Add that at 2:55 the low bat goes through the clone, and doesn't trade with the clone like other projectiles.

Reactions: RYX
People calling broke already, oh gosh lol. Anyways, the mobility looked nice and I saw some interesting stuff which gave me some ideas. Sub Zeros forward dash is gdlk, that is definitely going to help him against the characters who outzone him and his ex freeze is legit. Kotal kahn seems to have good reach, so his footsies and spacing will be good and he will have setups for his totems/ sun ray/ blood takeaway from himself/ etc. Quan chi has a low starter which I'm surprised the guy didn't use, but then again he did utilize the low (looks like it) from the summoner demon so he created 50/50s with that.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Wow. Quan's Trance is SO unsafe on block, LOL.

Did any of you see that? Look at the :42 mark and watch how long he's free to punish after blocking it.

Oh, oh! If you pay attention since these guys ARE blocking far more often than others, you will notice that the chip from normals doesn't seem to be ridiculous like it is in MK9.
It's the same with raidens superman. It's like a 40-50 frame window

Looks like Quan Chi's summon moves have alot of startup, and it's mostly something to be used after a good knockdown, kind of like Zod's trait.

As for Sub Zero, it definitely seems they made him better at counter-zoning, with the projectile trade, and the slide was much faster. It also doesn't have the same massive recovery on whiff. In MK9, his slide got very slow at the end. Here it goes fast the whole way.

Kinda bummed that Quan Chi only summons a little bat thing though. I mean, he rides in on a BLAZING-HELL-HORSE, but during battle he's like "nah, I'll just some this little dinky bat-thing" :p

nice....something that crossed my mind by watcing the video...it would be a nice idea that you can change variation during the loading screen of a rematch...and not go to the player select screen...agree or disagree???