What's new

New MKX details: 300 testers, Quan Chi's part in MKX may be to resurrect the dead, no reveal for PSE

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As you all know, Sony's Playstation Experience began yesterday in the fabulous Las Vegas. We knew Mortal Kombat X was going to be there, but we didn't know to what capacity. While most of us have been anxiously waiting for some kind of character reveal or anything new to be announced... sadly, that won't be the case during the Playstation Experience. However, GameInformer was able to catch up with Shaun Himmerick from NetherRealm Studios to discuss the game and Shaun shed some light on some very exciting details.

The first bit of juicy news that I read from the article is that NetherRealm currently has an army of testers currently testing out everything from the fighting (every variation of character against every variation of charcter) to online and offline play, to the story mode. Yes, the game is that huge where they really do need the 300+ testers to polish the game.

Speaking of character reveals though, Quan Chi is mentioned as "giving away parts of the story" in the sense that he can resurrect those who either had fallen in Mortal Kombat 9 or will fall in the story-line of Mortal Kombat X. Here's what Shaun had to say:
How are you going to explain the game taking place in the future in story mode?
"At the beginning of the game we do one of those 'Hey, remember what happened and then jump to the future" kind of moments. A lot of people die. I always joke that I think one of the reasons Ed wanted to do Quan Chi is because he's the guy from Hell who can resurrect people, but they are not always the same. Quan Chi obviously lets us do that. The nice thing: We have a whole new generation of people to play with, not just the one age. We can kind of have different tiers from different ages."

Read the full interview here!

Credit: TRMK via MortalKombatOnline via GameInformer

Attachments

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
300 testers sounds good but people will still lose their shit if something is found. 300 is nothing compared to the (estimated) million+ that will pick it up day 1.

I actually like we're not hearing much too, I'm looking forward to just living in front of my monitor for a week when MKX hits :)

Damn, the PSE just keeps getting more and more disappointing. I figured we'd at least get 1 new character, but I guess even that was setting my expectations too high.

I was kinda dissapointed at the fact we got no characters/reveal at PSE and it kinda killed my hype. But the thought of zombified characters from MK9 got me really hype.

I would love to see a zombified/mummified smoke. Really skinny guy in a mask covered in cloth with smoke coming out of him and stuff sounds really sick. Same goes for an evil dead queen Kitana or something.

Kombattether got some new (very interesting information.

- The game is to be submitted next month for the final stage of development.
- A lot of characters are 'finished' back at NetherRealm Studios.
- Goro is Shaun's favourite character in the game at this point, he will get a reveal trailer eventually.

Reading that kinda means that we're going to get new character-reveal(s) very soon.

Last edited:

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I was at the playstation experience , and Got to ask a few questions myself , unfortunately it was all very broad answers , but what I did get was....

They are going to have varying weather on the stages.(probably)
We can count on more information next month.
No console exclusive characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just show me a new female character is all. The ratio is always bad.....there are only 8 in Injustice out of 30. It doesn't have to be DoA but double digits would be nice.
Cassie, D'vorah, Jade, Kitana, Skarlet, Tanya, Kia, Jataaka, Sareena, Sonya, Li Mei, Nitara, Frost, Sheeva, Mileena, Sindel.

Good one it would be a dream come true actually, sadly it won't happen

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Quan Chi is a necromancer. Of course he's resurrecting people.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Expect huge leaks with that many testers, but expect a huge game as well.

Quan's part in MKX just further increases my hope for Kitana.

And are we really gonna end the year with no MKX reveal since October? NRS come on. Not cool