What's new

New MKX Comic details from issues 2 & 3: Scorpion's new companion, Kahn turns to Kamidogu and more!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today via Newsarama (thanks to @MKServer) we have received some new details from the Mortal Kombat X comic book series that is set to officially start January 2015. This digital comic series was first announced back in mid October during the New York Comic-Con and is sure to give us Mortal Kombat fans a run for our money. Similar to how the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book set route the Mortsl Kombat X comic will act as a prequel to the game's release in mid-April.

Anyway, back to the details! Below are two synopsis', each from issue two and issue three of the Mortal Kombat X digital comic book beginning next year!

raidenmkxcomic.jpg

"MORTAL KOMBAT X #2-3
Written by SHAWN KITTELSEN
Issue #2 art by DEXTER SOY
Issue #3 art by IGOR VITORINO
Covers by IVAN REIS
#2 on sale FEBRUARY 11
#3 on sale FEBRUARY 25
40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • DIGITAL FIRST
Now shipping twice monthly!

In issue #2, Scorpion and his newest companion set off in deadly pursuit of Raiden! Meanwhile, as the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage thinks she’s seen it all. But when she finds herself in an illegal MMA deathmatch, Cassie must decide if she’s ready for her first taste of Mortal Kombat!

Then, in issue #3, as the civil war in Outworld rages on, Kotal Kahn suffers an unimaginable loss and enlists the power of the Kamidogu to avenge his fallen ally. But will blood magic make Kotal powerful enough to take down Outworld’s champion? Enter: Goro!"

Source: Newsarama via MKServer via The Kombat Tether
Added credits: @khrome , @Braindead

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
A) UUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

B) Sorry but my grammar Nazi is coming out...
Similar to how the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book set route the Mortsl Kombat X comic will act as a prequel to the game's release in mid-April.

Anyway, back to the details! Below are two synopses, each from issue two and issue three of the Mortal Kombat X digital comic book beginning next year!
C) The return of the Kamidogu!!!!

D)Goro stuff!!!!

A prequel? That kinda sucks. I was hoping to experience the civil war and the battle between KK and Goro ingame...

Also, Am I the only one bothered with Scorpion having a companion called Forest fox? I really hope the companionship won't feel forced.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

The poster of the movie features not only Frieza, but also Beerus and Whis from the 2013 movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin. Along with those eight are two new characters designed by Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball Z – Sorbet (the short creature) and Tagoma (the tall creature). The characters are the survivors of the Frieza army and are his servants. Like many of the names in the DBZ series, the names of the new villains are based on food. Sorbet, an English word, is a frozen dessert made from sweetened water with flavoring (such as fruit juice). Tagoma is derived from the Japanese word egg.

Toriyama-sensei, says that the ‘F’ in the title Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F stands for “Frieza,” who will be revived in the movie. Toriyama notes that he thought of the title while listening to the song “F” by Japanese band Maximum The Hormone, who he came to know personally through a friend. In fact, one of the members told him that they had been singing the song about Frieza.

The story of the movie is as follows: “An Earth where peace has arrived. However, remnants of Frieza’s army Sorbet and Tagoma arrive on the planet. Their goal is to revive Frieza with the Dragon Balls. Their dastardly wish is granted, the “F” that plans its revenge against the Saiyans is revived…! ”
Fuck yeah, dammit Frieza!

khrome

Master of The Universe

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sweet! can't wait!

Scorpion didn't learn the first time in MK 9 that he's not beating Raiden lol....really Scorpion?

Last edited:

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Man I was really hoping to see Goro in the story, one way or another... guess not. :( And Scorpion going after Raiden? Hanzo please.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Sounds like scorpion is more human than we've seen in previous installments. Also we have seen his mustached face so maybe hes got more going on than hellfire and revenge.

It's an ad though
Oh so if it's an advertisement, like for brazzers, I can post whatever I want!

Btw I'm not advocating for a ban or anything. I couldn't care less about the picture. I just thought it was ridiculous when my friend posted his pic last year and got banned.