What's new

New MKX Character Reveal, Online Modes and more coming from U.K. magazine Jan 2nd!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Reveal trailers glorify chars!

They show off the movelist, basic combos/setups, and their intro/fatality. You can just as easily glorify them yourself. On top of that reveal trailers can make a character seem "not good" until you learn exactly what they can do.

Edit: Make no mistake, I like reveal trailers, I just don't see the need for every character to be known pre-release.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I absolutely love getting news. It makes me extremely happy so I know how you guys feel with the lack if reveals etc. But wouldn't getting the game and putting it in your system to find so many things out be a much better feeling?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
so finally a right date to some news at least ..... it was about time, it's boring wanting to have update info in regular basis regarding MKX with nothing coming up for real

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
They show off the movelist, basic combos/setups, and their intro/fatality. You can just as easily glorify them yourself. On top of that reveal trailers can make a character seem "not good" until you learn exactly what they can do.

Edit: Make no mistake, I like reveal trailers, I just don't see the need for every character to be known pre-release.
No, Im not sayi all of them but at least a few. Idk one every 2 months maybe?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
No, Im not sayi all of them but at least a few. Idk one every 2 months maybe?

Isn't that practically what we've gotten? The game was shown in June at E3 and we got 6 characters. Then we got 3 more reveals since then which would average out to 1 every 2 months since it's been 6 months since the reveal.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
LOL at all the idiots saying things like "OMG NRS are so stupid with their marketing, killing the hype, we haven't had a reveal for so long, they should reveal one character a month".

It's not as if they have us eating out of their hands, begging for new character reveals, speculating, building tension... yeah they're so stupid and clearly don't know what they're doing...

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I absolutely love getting news. It makes me extremely happy so I know how you guys feel with the lack if reveals etc. But wouldn't getting the game and putting it in your system to find so many things out be a much better feeling?
what do you think i want to just look at trailers and never play? of course id rather have the game, but since that wont happen anytime soon i want to drown myself in hype.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Im obviously buying the most ridiculous version of the game day 1 and will play it beyond religiously.

However, as far as my anticipation for pre-release announcements goes, I don't care anymore.

Barring a Kitana reveal, I'll just see the news when I see it, instead of scraping each corner of the internet. I'll be here on the 2nd, but I won't be rushing. This dragged out style isn't worth it, for me, anyway.

E

Eldriken

Hey, if they manage to put a reveal trailer in a magazine, you can't complain
I should have worded it better. I meant to say they're going to reveal in the magazine that we'll be getting Goro's reveal trailer soon. =P