What's new

New Mileena Corner Tech

Read this entire post before replying.

I found this back in January, but haven't had the time to test it much until recently due to being extremely busy.

READ BEFORE WATCHING:

TECH ROLL DOES NOT BLOW THIS UP IN THE LEFT CORNER.

This changes depending on the corner it is used in.

Yes, I have tested this against other people. Yes, it does work.

THERE'S MORE DAMAGING WAYS TO DO THIS THAN 3 UP4'S.

If your opponent chooses to just lay there, they will stay in the corner. (Both sides.)

Using this in the LEFT corner is much more safe and useful than the RIGHT.

Things I left out in the video: If your opponent jumps, they will end up out of the corner. You can just AA ball roll if this happens or you can backdash and then not do the back1+4 if you think they will jump (or if in the right corner you think they're going to roll), then AA ball roll (if they jump). Also, if your opponent rolls, they DO NOT recover fast enough to punish you.

Edit: Also, your opponent has to input his roll in the opposite direction in the right corner to roll. If he just hits right on the d-pad, he will not roll.

Make sure you get an untechable knockdown (or splat, whatever you want to call it) in the corner (up4, up4, up4 is the simplest, but there's obviously much more damaging ones) then backdash, cancel the backdash into back1+4

If your opponent tries to wakeup attack, their inputs will be reversed, and they will be 100% open to anything.
If your opponent tries his wakeup inputs in reverse order he will end up waking up TOWARDS THE CORNER.

If your opponent tries to roll, you will end up in the corner.

(All of the above will only happen in the RIGHT corner)

In the left corner, your opponent's inputs WILL NOT be reversed, but if they try to wakeup, they will end up on the other side of you out of the corner. Normally this would be bad, but it can be very good for you as the Mileena player depending on what they do.

For example, Raiden:
Teleport - You end up in the corner but you can punish him(I think. Still needs tested.) ( :ex tele he ends up back in the corner. Tested.)
Superman - He ends up full screen and both of you are safe.
Electric Grab - He'll whiff, end up on the other side of you and you can get a full punish.

IF YOUR OPPONENT ROLLS, THEY WILL STAY IN THE CORNER.

Edit: If your opponent rolls and then attacks, you do have time to block. Back1+4 recovers in time.

(All of the above will only happen in the LEFT corner)

This affects all wakeup attacks differently. I'll be working on compiling a list showing how it affects each wakeup attack.

Key:
Green = Punishable
Yellow = Needs to be tested
Orange = Unpunishable
Red = You get punished

Raiden:
-Right corner-
Electric Grab: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exElectric Grab: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Vicinity Blast: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:ex Vicinity Blast: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Superman: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:ex Superman: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Teleport: Still needs to be tested.
:exTeleport: Still needs to be tested.
:xStill needs to be tested.

-Left corner-
Electric Grab: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exElectric Grab: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
Vicinity Blast: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:ex Vicinity Blast: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
Superman: Other side of you facing away, goes fullscreen, unpunishable.
:ex Superman: Other side of you facing away, goes fullscreen, unpunishable.
Teleport: He gets out of the corner, I think you can punish the teleport, still needs tested.
:exTeleport: He ends up back in the corner. Not sure if punishable, still needs tested.

Johnny Cage:
-Right corner-
Flipkick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exFlipkick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Shadow Kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exShadow Kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Nut Punch: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exNut Punch: Still needs tested.
:xStill needs tested.

-Left corner-
Flipkick: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exFlipkick: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
Shadow Kick: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exShadow Kick: Still needs tested.
Nut Punch: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exNut Punch: Still needs tested.
:xStill needs tested.

Scorpion:
-Right corner-
Teleport: Fully punishable. You have time to ball roll it on reaction after back1+4.
:ex Teleport: Fully punishable. You have time to ball roll it on reaction after back1+4.
Leg grab: Still needs tested.
:exLeg grab: You have time to block it low after back1+4. Unpunishable and you have to block.

-Left corner-
Teleport: Fully punishable. You have time to ball roll it on reaction after back1+4.
:ex Teleport: Fully punishable. You have time to ball roll it on reaction after back1+4.
Leg grab: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:ex Leg grab: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.

Sub-Zero:
-Right corner-
Slide: Still needs to be tested.
:exSlide: Into the corner, you get hit by the first hit, the second hit whiffs. Unpunishable.
Ice clone: Still needs to be tested.
:exIce clone: Into the corner, unpunishable.

-Left corner-
Slide: Still needs tested.
:exSlide: Other side of you facing away, goes fullscreen, unpunishable.
Ice clone: Still needs tested.
:exIce clone: Other side of you facing away, unpunishable.

Reptile:

Ermac:

Noob Saibot:

Smoke:

Rain:

Mileena:

Kitana:

Jade:

Skarlet:

Sektor:

Cyrax:

Cyber Sub-Zero:

Kenshi:

Freddy:

Sindel:

Sonya:

Jax:

Stryker:

Liu Kang:
-Right corner-
Low fireball: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exLow fireball: Into the corner, fully punishable.
High fireball: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exHigh fireball: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Flying kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exFlying kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Bicycle kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exBicycle kick: Into the corner, fully punishable.
Parry: Into the corner, fully punishable.
:exParry: Into the corner, fully punishable.

-Left corner-
Low fireball: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exLow fireball: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
High fireball: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exHigh fireball: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
Flying kick: Still needs testing.
:exFlying kick: Other side of you facing away, goes fullscreen, unpunishable.
Bicycle kick: Still needs testing.
:exBicycle kick: Other side of you facing away, goes fullscreen, unpunishable.
Parry: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.
:exParry: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.

Kung Lao:
-Right corner-
Teleport: He gets out of the corner. Punishable by uppercut.
:exTeleport: He puts himself back in the corner. Use d4 so he doesn't blow you up with armor.
Spin: You do not have time to block. Unpunishable.
:exSpin: Into the corner. You do not have time to block. Unpunishable.

-Left corner-
Teleport: He gets out of the corner. Punishable by uppercut.
:exTeleport: He puts himself back in the corner. Use d4 so he doesn't blow you up with armor.
Spin: You do not have time to block. Unpunishable.
:exSpin: Other side of you facing away, fully punishable.

Kano:

Nightwolf:

Kabal:

Baraka:

Shang Tsung:

Quan Chi:

Sheeva:

How is this different from ending in neckbite?
Neckbite prevents wakeups, and I guess this can do, but it seems much more risky, while sacrificing damage as well.

What happens when they don't wake up?
Are you then stuck in the corner yourself?

redeyes

Button Masher
this seems really pointless. id rather end combos in a neck bite or a b2 then risk them crossing me up or tech rolling while i wiff a b1 4

Neckbite prevents wakeups, and I guess this can do, but it seems much more risky, while sacrificing damage as well.

This is alot less risky in the left corner than the right corner. (there's almost no risk at all actually in the left corner) Its more of a tool to bait wakeups so you can get a full punish than prevent them. Plus this completely blows people up who don't know about it/aren't expecting it.

If they don't wake up, they stay in the corner.

Edit: This sacrifices maybe 3% if that. Read the original post. There's more damaging ways to do this than 3 up4's.

this seems really pointless. id rather end combos in a neck bite or a b2 then risk them crossing me up or tech rolling while i wiff a b1 4
If they tech roll, it only hurts you if you do this in the right corner. In the left corner, they stay in the corner. You can use this to bait out the jump, just backdash and don't follow up with back1+4.

Edit: Read the original post. Its not that easy for them to tech roll in the right corner either, especially if they don't expect this.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success

Hmm...seems like a decent gimmick but not sure what to think about this when playing top tier opponents. Has anyone tried this against a worthy opponent?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This is cool, i was just about to put up a video with raiden doing the same exact thing, once you splat you do a teleport and start your attack, most wakeups will whiff into the corner. Good stuff

tech roll blows this up. found out about this with jc and lk back in may 2011.
It only blows it up in the right corner. In the left corner it doesn't.

Read the entire post, everyone.

Edit: My bad, I only had that bit of info in the video. Edited the original post.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i like mindfucky things so hence....i like this

i posted something like this baraka can do in the community guide, he can turn wakeup attacks sideway,some will still hit though with him

anyway anything that gets more talk going on the mileena forum, i see as a good thing
thanks for the video man,good stuff

Edited the original post again just to be even clearer.

In the LEFT corner, if your opponent tech rolls and you back1+4, you do have time to block before they attack you. Back1+4 recovers in time.
And thus you potentially can risk putting yourself in the corner and thus you eat chip damage while they get meter, or a grab

And thus you potentially can risk putting yourself in the corner and thus you eat chip damage while they get meter, or a grab
I haven't had the time to test it (someone who has the ability to test this, please test this for me) but I'm almost 100% sure this is the equivalent of both characters ending up at 0 if the opponent rolls and you back1+4 (or I guess you are both at 0 advantage.)... which is identical to the jumpbite. The only difference is the jumpbite adds maybe 2% to whatever juggle you were doing and disables wakeups. This lets you bait out/blow up wakeups (and jumps if you don't follow up with back1+4). Its just a nice tool to completely mindfuck your opponent, especially those that don't see it coming. Even better if you use jump bite sometimes, sometimes use this for even more mindfucking.

I haven't had the time to test it (someone who has the ability to test this, please test this for me) but I'm almost 100% sure this is the equivalent of both characters ending up at 0 if the opponent rolls and you back1+4 (or I guess you are both at 0 advantage.)... which is identical to the jumpbite. The only difference is the jumpbite adds maybe 2% to whatever juggle you were doing and disables wakeups. This lets you bait out/blow up wakeups (and jumps if you don't follow up with back1+4). Its just a nice tool to completely mindfuck your opponent, especially those that don't see it coming. Even better if you use jump bite sometimes, sometimes use this for even more mindfucking.
It'd be cool if you can record some matches with tym people and you using it to see it an action. thanks

It'd be cool if you can record some matches with tym people and you using it to see it an action. thanks
I'm not sure why you want to blow this up so badly, but if I had the ability to record my matches I would. I've used it a few times against people I play against locally. Next time we all play together I'll make sure to find a way to record some matches. If I ever have the time or money to make it out to a tournament, I'll gladly use it during said tourny for you.

Also, this is mainly to catch your opponent off guard with/mindfuck them. You know, to mix it up in the corner a bit. You're not supposed to use this every single time. Or at least that's how I use it.

what about if I just lay there? Won't you put yourself in the corner (both sides) ?
Thank you for posting this, I forgot to mention it! If your opponent chooses to just lay there, they will stay in the corner. (Both sides.)

No. Maybe with what you found that happens, but not this. Go test it yourself before dismissing something you know nothing about.

I'm not sure why you want to blow this up so badly, but if I had the ability to record my matches I would. I've used it a few times against people I play against locally. Next time we all play together I'll make sure to find a way to record some matches. If I ever have the time or money to make it out to a tournament, I'll gladly use it during said tourny for you.

Also, this is mainly to catch your opponent off guard with/mindfuck them. You know, to mix it up in the corner a bit. You're not supposed to use this every single time. Or at least that's how I use it.

Thank you for posting this, I forgot to mention it! If your opponent chooses to just lay there, they will stay in the corner.

No. Maybe with what you found that happens, but not this. Go test it yourself before dismissing something you know nothing about.
Who said I'm trying to blow this up?
I'm simply questioning it, as I have gotten questioned for mine as well.

I simply said if you could please record this soon because I would like to see it in action, because its INTERESTING.

Who said I'm trying to blow this up?
I'm simply questioning it, as I have gotten questioned for mine as well.

I simply said if you could please record this soon because I would like to see it in action, because its INTERESTING.
Oh. Well I feel like a dumb ass now. Anyways, as I said I'll record it in action next time I have the opportunity.

Marvaz

come at me

I tested it with mileena bro. U end up i the corner if they stay grounded. Same with every other character ive tested it with.

Death

Noob
I usually like ending my corner combos in 4~ground sai and baiting the wake up or just do U+4 when they lay grounded. Sometimes it hits them and I get another combo or they block it and I use that +9 for pressure. If they wake up I bait and punish the wake up. Also sometimes do B+3~ex roll when they lay grounded. Its riskier but the B+3 hits them when their grounded. Just a better corner option IMO if your trying to be risky.

This tech seems more like a trick rather than a legit tactic. I probably wont add it to my game but other Mileena players can add it could work sometimes if the player doesnt know what to do.

1man3letters

Thank you for posting this, I forgot to mention it! If your opponent chooses to just lay there, they will stay in the corner. (Both sides.)
the 4 on b1,4 OTGs when opp normally just lays on ground and launches them, do this not happen after the splat animation and they choose to lay there?

I tested it with mileena bro. U end up i the corner if they stay grounded. Same with every other character ive tested it with.
So that explains why when I tested it 20 times in a row, in both corners, the opponent stayed in the corner... right?

1man3letters

I usually like ending my corner combos in 4~ground sai and baiting the wake up or just do U+4 when they lay grounded. Sometimes it hits them and I get another combo or they block it and I use that +9 for pressure. If they wake up I bait and punish the wake up.
yea i really dig doing that aswell,works a treat.
is it me or does 4~sai knock them slighty higher in air than 112~sai in corner enders?