What's new

"new generation" or MK9 reskin ?!

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Since E3 all we heard is how this game will be in the future and characters aging and showing the next generation of MK characters, Cassie was the first example of what to expect. In a lot of interviews Ed Boon said how this game will have new characters more than any other MK game. Now we got 11 slot left ( I'm ignoring the fact that Ed said MKX will have +30 character) and till now we have 4 new characters, only one of them represent the idea of the "new generation". my question is, would you like if they just ignore what they said and brought back almost the rest of the characters ( everyone is asking for Cyrax, Mileena, Liu Kang, Shinnok, Fujin, Reiko, Shang Tsung, Tanya etc. ) or you actually want the rest of the slots to be new characters?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I feel like they were really excited about making new characters and were really harsh about some classic characters not being able to make it but it seems like they have reverted back to their comfort zone but also it's easier to just build upon returning characters so maybe they are just make sure the new characters are flawless because aside from cassie all the new characters look very complete and great so I'm glad they are taking their time if they are making new characters

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I don't know about you guys but I'm personally happy that we've got a bunch of classics back in MK X, I'd prefer they introduce a small collection of new fighters for MK X and establish they're name and bring them back in MK XI, and in MK XI they can introduce a few more new ones. So eventually you have a nice collection of classics and some new potential classic characters that weren't rushed :)

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I just want to see liu kang and reiko making the cut. But other than that i want new chars only.

mfkaoz

Banned
Considering the fact that this story takes place 25 years after MK9 it's understandable why there are so many MK9 characters. That being said, they need to reveal some more new blood or returning characters that we haven't seen in a while. I'm hoping for at least 3 completely new characters.

Killusion

Stream addict
My guess is 8 total new characters, same as Deception but more than MK1 (not counting bosses or secret characters).
I just hope that they can fit some of the more popular MK4 characters in, some of those missing MK9 characters would sell nicely as DLC. DLC powered Kabal anyone?

Maybe they count balanced, playable Goro as a new character? I kind of do.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just keep in mind that 95% of MK's new characters after MK Trilogy helped to drive Midway into the grave.

With that being said, I don't think it's unreasonable that the product relations at NRS might be a little worried about revealing all of the newcomers in one shot over the established characters for now.

Last edited:

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Also have to think of DLC. I have to imagine that they are thinking way ahead of the roster that will be available when the game launches. I imagine their goal right now is to not scare off fans so they have tons of the old guys return. DLC at least people can pick and choose who they like or dislike.

I imagine people could still be fearful of what happened with all the new characters of previous Mortal Kombats. Kobra the Ken knockoff as a prime example.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
whatever nrs and Ed Boon bring on to this game, in the end, will be acceptable, since the game , after all, gonna be way better than MK9, in all aspects, rsrs :D
only unique point that I make question it's having Mileena in MKX :p; once that confirmed, I will just keep following MKX info and enjoying any bit piece of news, until the time release :)

trufenix

bye felicia
People made a big fuss about injustice being a bat family reunion too. When mkx drops there'll be just as many people clamoring for whatever Mk9 char does get dropped as there were people lobbying for red hood and ivy and batgirl then.

Error

DF2+R2
Just keep in mind that 95% of MK's new characters after MK Trilogy helped to drive Midway into the grave.

With that being said, I don't think it's unreasonable that the product relations at NRS might be a little worried about revealing all of the newcomers in one shot over the established characters for now.
From what I've read, MK games were the only thing keeping Midway on life support. Midway drove itself into the grave, and new MK characters had nothing to do with it as the series was still thriving.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
( I'm ignoring the fact that Ed said MKX will have +30 character)
This makes it hard to answer realistically.... So in the hypothetical nonfact situation that is only being assumed... I think yes we will have plenty of the new generation....
The game has 4 so far... No saying only Cage counts does not make it true...
The comics show already in 4 issues another 2 offspring and even more new characters... Who have a good chance to be in the game...
If any fan favs don't make it I'm sure at least 2 will via dlc...
Will everyone be happy... No never will happen... As long as there is some poor misguided Mokap fan out there...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
From what I've read, MK games were the only thing keeping Midway on life support. Midway drove itself into the grave, and new MK characters had nothing to do with it as the series was still thriving.
As much as Midway were completely inept when arcades fell out of fashion, the 3D games were hardly creating MK2-esque queues when they were forced to work with the home console market.

Mst

Noob
I honestly take something like 8 new Characters and 4 non MK9 Characters and 12 MK9 Characters over the other way around. It allows them to fit the new Characters better into the Story rather then squeezing everything in and risking turning one of the new Characters into a filler just for the sake of having one more new one in the game. (I still think we get 24 at release + Goro and about 12 non MK9 Characters btw)

It should also make the old Fans of MK happy that alot of familair faces are in the game and with the introduction of Cassie it seems that they really wanna move forward with the series and not rehash the MK4-MKA content just with some roll switches (Cyber SZ).