What's new

Strategy Need help with Aquey background bounce combos

Hello all. I am a new Aquaman and have perused these forums to find some basic BnB combos for Aquaman. What I am struggling with is finding good background bounce combos.

Which ones should I be doing?
Should I use meter in the bgb combos or use them as meterless damage?

I am looking for bgb combos that follow

Jump in attacks
B3
B1
D2

Also as a bonus, do any of you have interesting interactable combos? Like Fortress of Solitude for example.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
you have to factor gravity when thinking about going for meter because sometimes MB FTD will drop if you do a launcher into combo then BGB into a MB FTD. usually his optimal BGB combos are from b2 BGB, b12 BGB and d1 BGB starters. you can also do a cross up j3 22 BGB b3 j2 22 MB TFD 22 scoop f2 1+3 ender, but with the gravity if your jump 2 isn't deep enough it will whiff so instead of j2 just do 22 MB FTD or leave the MB FTD out of the combo and go for meterless. b12 FTD, b12 FTD MB 22 BGB b3 22 scoop f2 1+3 is good as well with proper spacing.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
also d2 22 BGB b3 j2 22 scoop and ender is a good way to get meterless damage of an anti air d2 near a BGB.

From what I've seen and did. Using a bar in any of his combos add alot more damage.
And these are all bnb I know without background bounce.

B3, J3,22 DB1, F2+1. I may have the inputs slightly wrong.

B3, J3, 22 DB2Mb, 22DB1,F2+1

B12 Db2, B12Db1,F2+1

B12 Db2, B12 Db2 MB, 22 DB1, F2+1

I may have missed answer your question but hope it helps.
Plus I never actually tried this setup for fortress of solitude but heres a possible rocket setup?

You standing next to rocket
B12 Db2, B12Db2 MB, Rocket.
Or with them standing next to rocket. B12 Db2, B123? DB2 MB, B123 DB1 rocket
just suggestions

protools27

Rebel without a scene
The background bounces can be tricky, because depending on where you hit them with the BGB, the follow up will whiff. The most basic off B12 with meter is the one @Red Reaper posted.

b12xxBGB, B3, J3, 22xxdb2 MB, 22xxdb1, Ender 45 %

I find that this one hits almost all the time no matter the spacing of the bounce.
It's strange but if you are in the right spot for the BGB, you can actually not do the B3 and just J3 and it scales for one more percent damage coming in at 46%

b12xxBGB, J3, 22xxdb2 MB, 22xxdb1, Ender 46%

Meterless, it is always best to do B3, then J3

b12xxBGB, B3, J3, 22xxdb1, Ender 38% (36% is only doing J3)

So your basically losing 7-8% when going the meterless route.

I tried to get a little more damage out of it by starting with B12xxdb2, b12xxBGB, but I could never get it to work out 100 percent of the time, and when I did it the closest, the highest damage I got was 48%. You guys will have much higher execution then I have being a lowly scrub ;), so maybe you can work it out, but from what I found it wasn't worth it.

Off B2 and with meter, the damage is the same whether you do B3 and J3, or just J3, so I just do B3, J3.

B2xxBGB, B3, J3, 22xxdb2 MB, 22xxdb1, Ender 48% (if you put a b12 after the b2, its the same damage so don't bother)

For Meterless, as stated above its better to do B3, J3
B2xxBGB, B3, J3, 22xxdb1, Ender 40%. (maybe more damage with a b12 after the b2, but I didn't have time to check.)

All of these can be started off of a J2 if I'm not mistaken, definitely the b12. B2 counted as a combo in training mode, but not sure what the hit advantage of j2 is so this could use further testing.

Off of a B3 you can do this:
B3, J3, 22xxBGB, J2, 22xxdb2 MB 50%

For this, I tried to a J3 after the BGB, but couldn't land it so I settled for J2, but like I said earlier, you guys may have better luck.

I do apologize, I didn't test the meterless version of this to see what the damage is, so there is still more info to be had!

Off D2 (Forgot to write down the damage :() With meter:
D2, 22xxBGB, B3, J3, 22xxdb2 MB, 22xxdb1, Ender.

Meterless
D2, 22xxBGB,B3, J3, 22xxdb1, Ender

Hope
Hope this helps!

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
2,2 and b1,2 are you best options for a BGB.
Sample MB b3, J3, 2,2~ BGB, 2,2 MB FTD, 2,2~scoop, F1,3 is 54% if my memory is correct.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
My flow chart for this is

Launcher, do a normal~BGB

So for a meterless punish, I'd do

B12~FTD, B1~BGB, B3, J3, 22~Scoop, Ender

For some things that make you do two hits after the launcher I'd switch the J3 with J2

EX FTD, dash up B1~BGB, J2, 22~Scoop, Ender

I don't know stage combos but I know you can link a laser in Fortress after a F2. It looks pretty neat

EDIT:
I guess all mention that after a D2, since you've already getting scaling from the D2. It makes his D2 the most damaging single hitting normal.

D2, D2~BGB, B3, J3, 22~Scoop, Ender

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
My flow chart for this is

Launcher, do a normal~BGB

So for a meterless punish, I'd do

B12~FTD, B1~BGB, B3, J3, 22~Scoop, Ender

For some things that make you do two hits after the launcher I'd switch the J3 with J2

EX FTD, dash up B1~BGB, J2, 22~Scoop, Ender

I don't know stage combos but I know you can link a laser in Fortress after a F2. It looks pretty neat

EDIT:
I guess all mention that after a D2, since you've already getting scaling from the D2. It makes his D2 the most damaging single hitting normal.

D2, D2~BGB, B3, J3, 22~Scoop, Ender
i never use it this way, i just cancel b12 into BGB cause after FTD the b1 BGB might miss...depends on the spacing. just my 2 cents, just use the regular one