What's new

NEC13 MKDA Grudge Match 10 Years in the Making: Tom Brady vs Check, Rivals Collide

DanCock

Cock Master!!
true dat. they also really stepped up the fatalities in MK4 i think, in comparison to the ones in UMK3. as awesome as UMK3 was, the finishing moves were pretty shitty. didnt Reptile turn into a penguin for his Animality? wtf
Hmmmmm both of cyraxs fatals are my all time fav mk fatals ever. How ever I do agree with you on the majority of them.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Scorpions portal is the best fatal in MK9. Its gruesome with out being very gory. Would probably be even better if there body wasn't flayed and they were just hanging there lifeless.
About the best fatality in MK9, two words: BE MINE. My favorite fatality ever. Gruesome, yet classy.

who is supposed to be the best char in this game? I looked for a tier list and saw that scorpion was on top, but I want to know what others think.

MKK hanzo

Best news in a long time IMO. MKDA rules and these two are really the two freaking beasts in this game.

LET GET THIS ON GUYS!!!!

He's the best in the game.
I had a feeling he was, I could tell by all the stuff he posseses in that game, that he was the best. I watched a few matches on youtube of check fighting tom, and check would go to work with scorpion. If only scorpion was like that in mk9........, i can only dream about that though haha.

A few things here..

1. I am unsure that I even want to or care to pick this game up 10 years after the fact.

2. This is no grudge match or 10 years in any making. I played the game during its prime and did what I did in tourney play, then moved on to other games when MKDA became old.

3. At this point in time, I could care less who the best MKDA player is nor do i think it matters. No one plays the game and the tourney proven best of the best havent touched it in a decade. I personally dont even remember half of the moves or combos and its the same or worse for any other top tourney player of that game.

If anyone thinks any of the top MKDA players care who the best is now, I/we dont. IMO, the only way to get credit is to play what ppl are still playing.. play whats current.. if you have skill, it will show. Whats next? a MK9 ft10 when MK12 is out? See the point? We know who the top MK9 players are, and someone who never competed coming out 10 years later dropping challenges in it wont change who the top players were when they actually played the game. Its the same thing here.

I dont know why Check feels disrespected, i dont know who said what to him to make him feel like ppl are shitting on his lifes work in MK. What I do know is that playing ppl in MKDA, MKA, MKD, or MKDC at this juncture in time will not change any of that. The only way to shut up whoever is making Check feel disrespected, is for him to do well in MK 9 tournaments, or wait for injustice and do it in tourneys for that game. If Check entered an MK9 major(s), and placed top 8 a few times, I'm sure that would silence all his haters.

Anyway, I am unsure if I'm going to even attempt to get back into the game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
MK9 players frowning upon another 3d fighter with no jump in punches or breakers, what else is new? :REO

RoGE

Noob
A few things here..

1. I am unsure that I even want to or care to pick this game up 10 years after the fact.

2. This is no grudge match or 10 years in any making. I played the game during its prime and did what I did in tourney play, then moved on to other games when MKDA became old.

3. At this point in time, I could care less who the best MKDA player is nor do i think it matters. No one plays the game and the tourney proven best of the best havent touched it in a decade. I personally dont even remember half of the moves or combos and its the same or worse for any other top tourney player of that game.

If anyone thinks any of the top MKDA players care who the best is now, I/we dont. IMO, the only way to get credit is to play what ppl are still playing.. play whats current.. if you have skill, it will show. Whats next? a MK9 ft10 when MK12 is out? See the point? We know who the top MK9 players are, and someone who never competed coming out 10 years later dropping challenges in it wont change who the top players were when they actually played the game. Its the same thing here.

I dont know why Check feels disrespected, i dont know who said what to him to make him feel like ppl are shitting on his lifes work in MK. What I do know is that playing ppl in MKDA, MKA, MKD, or MKDC at this juncture in time will not change any of that. The only way to shut up whoever is making Check feel disrespected, is for him to do well in MK 9 tournaments, or wait for injustice and do it in tourneys for that game. If Check entered an MK9 major(s), and placed top 8 a few times, I'm sure that would silence all his haters.

Anyway, I am unsure if I'm going to even attempt to get back into the game.
^^ Check should read this.

I honestly think this is pointless and won't prove anything. It'd probably would be fun to see though.

Goldi

Noob
I thought it would be just for funsies myself.

I didn't know there were tournaments for fighting games when I was playing this. I was ... Omg.. A sophomore in high school.

It was just a bunch of friends in my living room I would play with. I didn't do online. I miss that. No one has time for games anymore.

The closest I can get to it now is the casuals at tourneys. Online with friends is ok, but it doesn't replace having a live human next to you. Which is what keeps me going to these things; the people in this community. The game itself isn't the most fun part of the event for me.

/end senile "good old days" rant

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There will be at the very least, an MKDA tournament, with no rules imposed (other than possibly character lock if you win a match). I'm pretty sure that over the next couple months, Bill, you'll be able to wipe off the Chicxulub Impact layers of dust and ash, and breathe life back into BRC for a first to ten with Check. If not, you are likely see Tom Brady Vs Check in the Winners and Grand Finals. That is, unless of course REO takes this one to the bank!

There will be at the very least, an MKDA tournament, with no rules imposed (other than possibly character lock if you win a match). I'm pretty sure that over the next couple months, Bill, you'll be able to wipe off the Chicxulub Impact layers of dust and ash, and breathe life back into BRC for a first to ten with Check. If not, you are likely see Tom Brady Vs Check in the Winners and Grand Finals. That is, unless of course REO takes this one to the bank!
I am not playing in any of the MK tournaments, not MK9 and not MKDA.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I am not playing in any of the MK tournaments, not MK9 and not MKDA.
man, Fuck outta here, Bill. LOL u trippin. We both playing in all them shits, you know we are. haha u say that shit now, but u know u gonna get a few drinks in you, and u gonna say "Damn, i wish i played this game"

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
No, I am not playing any casuals or entering any MK tourneys at NEC. I dont even know why this thread was made.
you wouldn't do that to us, man. i hope you wouldn't lol Everyone matters, man.There's no tournament if you don't have enough singular players that think they matter.....

you wouldn't do that to us, man. i hope you wouldn't lol Everyone matters, man.There's no tournament if you don't have enough singular players that think they matter.....

I will do that. I am not entering any MK tourneys at NEC or playing any MK casuals. again, I dont know know why this thread was made to begin with.

there will be no FT10 and i will not be playing MK at all at NEC.