What's new

n-megabytes wins Injustice at YSB #22 in Sydney Australia

On Saturday April 12th, Sydney hosted another edition of it's local monthly tournament YSB. This edition of YSB was a bit more than a local as it featured two injustice players from interstate, Pan1cMode from Melbourne and n-megabytes from Adelaide, that traveled to compete in injustice and support the Australian Injustice scene.

Due to the limitations of the venue, a live stream wasn't possible however most of the matches were recorded and will be uploaded to YouTube very soon. Winners, losers and grand finals have already been uploaded and posted below:

Winners Finals - Pan1cMode (Batgirl) vs n-megabytes (Flash)

Losers Finals - Gilbagz (Joker) vs Pan1cMode (Batgirl)

Grand Finals - Gilbagz (Batman) vs n-megabytes (Flash)

The remainder of the videos include more of n-megabytes' Flash, Gilbagz's Joker, Pan1cMode's Batgirl, Tony-T's Deathstroke as well as all the other various characters used. The post will be updated as soon as the videos get uploaded.

The tournament was great fun and everyone there had a blast. It also set the bar up high for Battle Arena Melbourne 6, a major that will be held on the 9th and 10th of May in Melbourne. Hopefully there will be a good turnout at the major next month in Melbourne to ensure that our game lives on and gets featured in future majors.

Top 8 Results for YSB#22

1) n-megabytes (Flash)
2) Gilbagz (Joker, Batman)
3) Pan1cMode (Batgirl)
4) RW1991 (Superman)
5) SFF | Gone Wild (Green Lantern)
5) VladMadKid (Nightwing)
7) Tony-T (Deathstroke)
7) S2kev (Green Arrow)

Nice, another top 8 variety character.

Love the high level plays as well of various characters - especially Gilbag's Joker.

Last edited:
Congrats again, @n-megabytes. Everybody was super nice and helpful, as a first timer I learned a great deal, really glad to meet you all in person. Hopefully, I won't have my back blown out of my chest before you guys move on. :(

@DarthArma
1st off, love your batman, haven't missed one Break, respect what you guys doing out there.
Secondly, it's not that bad truthfully. I've been living here for 6 years, and I only got stung by jellyfish once (No urine involved), caught a blue tongue lizard eating snails in my backyard. (Sergio was a rather lovely cold blood little thing...until our dog bit him:() There were a few times when I had to deal with Huntsman spiders (mean looking but non poisonous) at home. Never seen a red back (black widow), never seen a funnel web.
So all good, come down here Arma, we'll show you around. Nothing beats them kangaroos' footsies, for reals.

OMFG I have the biggest fucking chills running down my back....WTF!!!

Thank you for the compliment!

So you're saying that spider in the picture is a huntsman and you've had to deal with it?? what did you do!???!!?

IDK about going to Australia, I'm actually terrified!!

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

So you're saying that spider in the picture is a huntsman and you've had to deal with it?? what did you do!???!!?

May i Suggest a Boot on a Stick. A very long stick.

I did what Zoe Barnes from house of cards did to get rid of a spider without hurting it, except she used a wine glass but I had to use a gummy bear bucket, lol. Yeah Huntsman spiders have a tendency to sneak in houses. However, they don't go nuts and shoot web and stuff when you approach them.
Oh it's really not that bad, the country is beautiful.

I did what Zoe Barnes from house of cards did to get rid of a spider without hurting it, except she used a wine glass but I had to use a gummy bear bucket, lol. Yeah Huntsman spiders have a tendency to sneak in houses. However, they don't go nuts and shoot web and stuff when you approach them.
Oh it's really not that bad, the country is beautiful.
Why didnt you kill it?? DIE SPIDER DIE!!!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That thing was huge, they are called giant huntsman spiders for a reason, man. I can't kill it without knowing what the hell is going on in that belly, what if it leaves a splatter of things on my wall? It'll haunt me forever...
Exactly..

Don't those things run super fast too? lol.

I'd probably be willing to go to Australia but I wouldn't dress with Skin left exposed outdoors.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Grand Finals - @Gilbagz (Batman) vs n-megabytes (Flash)

....da fuq.....
:joker:
jk, tough matchup there. Good job Gil!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
So many dropped combos ._. I'm gonna get myself a proper monitor and next time my execution will be more on point... I promise

Spiders are good, they kill all the flies.
Just curious, why did you opt for the vortex in the corner instead of the damage against Gilbagz?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just curious, why did you opt for the vortex in the corner instead of the damage against Gilbagz?
Because damage wouldn't have killed him. With one vortex + 1 combo I would have been able to take his lifebar. In hindsight I probably shoulda gone for damage into setup but you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I never mentioned to anyone, but I'm an arachnophobic, and this thread will now give me nightmares tonight. Thank you everyone.