What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero My Sub Zero identity theory.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
OK guys so I have a little fun theory that I've put a lot of thought in. I mean I dont about you guys but MKX takes a lot of my time up now and it isn't even out yet! Any who this is just to start a nice conversation with the cool people of this website and to see what you guys think. I'd also love to hear what you have to say and your theories as well. Well here we go!

So let's see i will start out with who i think this Sub-Zero is. I think Subby is Bi-Han. OK so now Noob Saibot was kicked into the the soul nado. His soul was then purified and the Elder God's now hold onto it. Time goes by and Quan-Chi and Shinnok finally initiate their plan into full throttle and attack the realms. Due to the events of MK9 Raiden was stripped of his protector of Earthrealm position. With Earthrealm under attack and no protector the Elder God's are looking for someone worthy of the position. So why not bring back the one person who defeated both of them? That's right Bi-Han. Now reborn Sub-Zero is the new protector of Earthrealm. Also their champion. That would explain Raiden and Sub-Zero's dialogue regarding Raiden being "their protector". OK so now the next piece of dialog between the two.
Raiden: Sub-Zero...
Sub-Zero: Fear their powers Raiden.
Raiden: This is my greatest challenge.
Who are these people that Subby is warning Raiden of? I think it's the Elder Gods. Why? Well let's see. Raiden is obviously not a fan of what's going on. Maybe Sub-Zero is doing things that Raiden doesn't agree with or dislikes. So he goes against the new protector and the Elder Gods to do what he thinks is best for Earthrealm. He is now beginning to look like an enemy to the Elder God's and Subby must do what they want. Kill Raiden.

As of now that's what I strongly believe may be the case. I probably am EXTREMELY wrong but hey I had fun thinking of this and typing for you guys to read. So like I said let me know what you all think and tell me your theories. I would really love to read them. I'm also glad I found this website. It's always a pleasure to see so many people who love something as much as I do. Have a good one everyone!

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
What do you think of "I have your brothers soul"?-Quan chi
I agree with everything you said btw.
Thank you! And honestly I'm not too sure. I wanna say that Quan-Chi is just trying to piss of Subby. I think even though Bi-Han was a more cold hearted person than Kuai he still loves his brother. He is doing what he can to get Kuai Liang's soul back or at least put it to rest.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I thought it would be Bi Han too, but then Boon essentially said that this was a completely new sub and that theory went out the window.

About the dialogue, I have no clue. They could be discussing entirely new characters for all we know. It's way to early to tell.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Thank you! And honestly I'm not too sure. I wanna say that Quan-Chi is just trying to piss of Subby. I think even though Bi-Han was a more cold hearted person than Kuai he still loves his brother. He is doing what he can to get Kuai Liang's soul back or at least put it to rest.
I think he has a grudge against Raiden for letting his brother and clan go to crap. I just want someone to FINALLY tell scorpion that Quan Chi killed his family.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I thought it would be Bi Han too, but then Boon essentially said that this was a completely new sub and that theory went out the window.

About the dialogue, I have no clue. They could be discussing entirely new characters for all we know. It's way to early to tell.
I see where you're coming from. Only time will tell. Hopefully time moves fast haha

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I think he has a grudge against Raiden for letting his brother and clan go to crap. I just want someone to FINALLY tell scorpion that Quan Chi killed his family.
I can see that as well. I also think that Sektor won't make it into this game. I can see Subby going to the lin kuei temple and fighting Sektor for the leadership back and him killing Sektor. If he fights Cyrax I see him sparing Cyrax.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
While I like SZ II and all that he'd done, or at least was suppose to do, I like Bi-Han a bit more.

This Sub-Zero definitely has his personality.

Just off of his intro and round win dialogue alone, he sounds like a real hardass, just mean and no-nonsense("I will freeze your spine!", this dude isn't fucking around). If you see how Kuai Liang acts in any of his appearances, he's no where near as dramatic and verbally violent towards his opponents. This Sub seems a lot more brutal and physically imposing/strong as well, like Bi-Han, just look at him.

Even the way he looks. Kuai always dressed pretty ornate and complex compared to Bi-Han in his appearances, even as Noob Saibot, and this Sub has that same simple style to him.

I'm just overthinking probably, but I agree that this is more than likely Bi-Han.

According to canon, Bi-Han and Kuai Liang are the only two brothers, with one sister who has never made an appearance.

Last edited:

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I do agree with you, but honestly I hope it's Kuai, he always seemed wiser to me, which I like. Don't get me wrong though, I love them both, just prefer Kuai a little bit more. Plus Kuai beat Scorpion while Bi-Han got his ass kicked by him. :DOGE
To be honest though, I don't care that much as long as it's one of the two brothers, I don't want an entirely new Subby.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I do agree with you, but honestly I hope it's Kuai, he always seemed wiser to me, which I like. Don't get me wrong though, I love them both, just prefer Kuai a little bit more. Plus Kuai beat Scorpion while Bi-Han got his ass kicked by him. :DOGE
To be honest though, I don't care that much as long as it's one of the two brothers, I don't want an entirely new Subby.
Scorpion fought Bi in hell. 7-3 on certain stages.