What's new

My Personal Joker MU Chart.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
What up TYM,
The past few weeks I have been playing Injustice less and less due to other games and my salt for the game finally kicking in. I'm probably going stop playing Injustice all together and focus more on my original fighters. Before I do I wanted to put my personal MU chart out there that I had down before my disinterest for the game kicked in, as well as, where I think Jokers true placement is on a tier list before I bounce. Of course this is all a personal opinion but keep in mind while you read this, that I have played and mained only this character in every MU from day 1 to now so my opinion is, for the most part, pretty stern. I will provide essential details as to why the MU is the way I feel it is to avoid putting too much and will try to be as realistic BUT as optimized as I can. One last thing I ask is you guys try to stay respectful. I know how hard it is for people to stay respectful on this site, but I ask that you try.

Name: MU (Offline/Online)

Aquaman (3-7 overall AM)- He out ranges Joker, outzones Joker and has a trait that gets him out of any grounded hitconfirm Joker lands. He dominates both space and the pace of the fight, rather he has the health advantage or not. Jokers only way to secure the W is a BGB knockdown or against an Aquaman that is too lazy to learn how to block. Joker works way too hard in this MU and has to rely of some luck to win in some cases if the Aquaman knows the MU.

Ares (4-6 overall Ares)- This MU is pretty much all about landing clean shots on Ares to get the W. Since Ares has a teleport that can also be MB'd, Joker can't rely on knockdowns in this MU. However, Joker does have some good midrange options that Ares doesn't have like D2 and sweep but they aren't safe. Ares can space Joker out smartly, assuming the player knew the MU.

Bane (3-7 overall Bane) I agree with the Joker community.

Batman (4-6, strong 4-6 BM) Batman has a better neutral, air to air, Jump arc and overall just better tools then Joker. BM can zone Joker out pretty efficiently with a decent health advantage and online he has better mixups. The only thing that keeps me from 3-7 is BMs wakeups. Joker can put BM on blast on knockdown, especially if the BM player doesn't know how to block.

Black Adam (5-5) agree with the Joker community.

Catwoman (4-6 CW) This MU is one I've wanted to speak on for a while now. Most people think its even and let me tell you its not. I'll be as simple as possible here. Air game, CW's jump 1 and Jump 2 are freaking godlike vs Joker. In order for Joker to beat either he needs to anticipate them and even then that's not a sure fire solution. Jump 1 trades pretty consistently with Jokers jump 1. her Jump 2 stuffs Jokers AA and the majority of his air to airs ON REACTION, forcing him to respect her air options. On the ground, CW beats Joker due to her small hitbox and Jokers whiffing issues. He cannot zone because of cat dash. catching cat dashes start up with revolver is inconsistent because sometimes it whiffs so the best thing to do is respect it. She can B3 through most of Jokers strings and zoning tools also. On wakeup, she has more options then Joker. She can legit stuff ALL OF HIS wakeups, including acid, with her overhead, lows or even he B3 LOL so Joker just has to guess right. Joker can bully her on wakeup if she doesn't have trait. If she does then he has to be more cautious. Shes not meter dependent in this MU either so that always helps. Joker and her can expose each other in the corner.

Cyborg (5-5) This ones cut and dry. Cyborg can zone Joker out SMARTLY and Joker can bully him on knockdown. Each scenario can go back and forth in my experience at least.

Deathstroke (4-6 DS) He can Zone Joker out, he has better mixups, stronger Air to Airs, Strong AA, godly corner game and a better neutral.

Doomsday (STRONG 4-6, 3-7 DD) Doomsday pretty much says F*** you to Joker in almost every aspect. only thing Joker can really do is knock him down and hope the player can't block. also ES is more annoying online.

The Flash (3-7 Flash) I really feel like I don't need to explain this one but will if somebody seriously asks.

Green Arrow (4-6 Arrow) Honestly the only thing Joker can really do to win is corner Arrow. Outside of that, Arrow can space extremely well, assuming the player knows the MU, and can zone Joker.

Green Lantern (4-6 GL) GL has a better neutral and hella strong Air to Airs and AA. He can also zone well and has decent interactable control. Jokers saving grace is GL's lack of wakeups.

Harley Quinn- No clue. I've always did well in the MU for the most part but I haven't played it like I have played the others so I'll leave it up to you guys.

Hawkgirl (3-7 HG) She controls everything vs Joker. Jokers only shot is to corner her otherwise he is screwed. Its that simple. You want more info then just ask.

Killer Frost (4-6 KF) I've already discussed my thoughts about this MU when Astronaut made his chart. My opinions then haven't changed. Look up his chart or ask for specifics if you don't agree.

Lex Luthor (5-5) Whoever gets the first hit, most likely wins.

Nightwing (4-6 NW) NW can zone Joker out efficiently and out range him as well. I'm getting lazy now so if the NW community wants to debate this then just speak in the comments below.

Raven (4-6 Raven) Already discussed.

Shazam (5-5) A match of showing who has more balls.

Sinestro (3-7 Sinestro) Its simple, he out spaces, out zones, out vortex's, and overall just out plays the Joker in every aspect. Only thing Joker can do is corner the player and hope he doesn't block right.

Solomon Grundy (5-5?) Help me out here, I do well against Grundys for the most part but it should be discussed because I don't know how either character would have an advantage.

Superman (3-7 SM) Better neutral, CAN STILL ZONE EFFECTIVELY, good wakeups to keep Joker guessing, ridiculous mobility, better corner game, AMAZING AA, great Air to Airs. Assuming you know the MU of course

WW (3-7 WW) Everything I said about Superman minus the Zoning but can shut down any kind of zone game Joker tries to play. Only thing Joker can do is LEGIT outsmart the WW player because if they know the MU its ggs for Joker. That's it.

Batgirl (4-6 BG) Agree with Joker community.

Lobo (4-6 Lobo) He outdamages Joker, he doesn't have to deal with Jokers KD game unless cornered and just completely outranges Joker. His Jump 1 is godlike and his standing three is insane. Getting trait shells are free against Joker because in the end it favors lobo.

MMH (3-7 MMH) Everything about this character is better then Joker.

Scorpion No Clue.

Zatanna (3-7 Zatanna) already discussed.

Zod (2-8 Zod) Already discussed BUT add those FOR REAL IAZBs and Jokers Jailed the second it starts and he has NO options.

Overall Joker is somewhere in bottom 5. He truly has no winning MU and relies HEAVILY on MU knowledge and great reads to win. He has to work insanely hard to get W's and can get cheesed out EASY.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo mu i agree. Except when Lobo is kd he can still get fucked by Joker. But only if the Joker knws how to blowup Hook Charge. That's when Lobo is gonna have to learn how to block Jokers teeth setups or wu with Spin Cycle.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Lobo mu i agree. Except when Lobo is kd he can still get fucked by Joker. But only if the Joker knws how to blowup Hook Charge. That's when Lobo is gonna have to learn how to block Jokers teeth setups or wu with Spin Cycle.
HC on WU is pretty hard to stuff consistently. Ij2 does the job if timed right but the reason I said he didn't have to worry was because Joker has to commit to his guess when lobo wakes up. Delay jb2 punishes hc as well but I've played lobos that anticipated jumps and just woke up with s3 or backdashed. Lobos walk speed may be booty but his dashes are great. Jokers best option is to jump when lobos on knockdown otherwise its a 50/50 against Joker. Great post and I appreciate the respect factor good sir. I agree with your post

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
If you have time go check out Astronauts MU chart in which I replied to about the MU that he also agreed on. I'm way too lazy to type it all. If you can't find it for whatever reason then let me know and I'll re type it.
I read but can you give me a more updated opinion on it .

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I read but can you give me a more updated opinion on it .
She has better mobility, better vortex, better neutral options, better notmals, strong wakeup options, great setups, and can obliterate Joker on wakeup. Joker can bully her on wakeup if he makes the right read. When Joker gets knockdown, hes pretty much fucked unless he guesses right. She can keep Joker out to an extent but her zoning tools vs Joker are pretty much made to trade and/or just build her meter to support her vortex. I'm not saying this MU is terrible for Joker, but 6-4 in her favor is pretty solid imo

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
The two ones that stick out to me is hawkgirl and grundy.

I don't know why you think it's a 3-7 in hawkgirl favor. If she does win I can't see it being that bad. From my experience, Joker can make hawkgirl mace charge and wing evade 3 irrelevant by acid blossom. Both of those moves aren't hard to react to.

Grundy wins this matchup, IMO, 4-6. It's hard for Joker to zone grundy and grundy definitely wins the knockdown game.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

I don't know why you think it's a 3-7 in hawkgirl favor. If she does win I can't see it being that bad. From my experience, Joker can make hawkgirl mace charge and wing evade 3 irrelevant by acid blossom. Both of those moves aren't hard to react to.

Grundy wins this matchup, IMO, 4-6. It's hard for Joker to zone grundy and grundy definitely wins the knockdown game.
HG controls space very well. Every HG I've played that doesn't just mace charge and wing evade mindlessly know what they can do against Joker. Joker can't bully her on wakeup unless shes cornered due to her good wakeups and yes you can punish her wakups IF you read them but like I said, the HGs players I've played don't mindlessly throw moves out like that. Hawkgirls mobility vs Joker is one of her biggest assets and one of the reasons why its so bad. If shes in the air and she has health advantage Joker needs to find a way to hit her and since she has a wealth of options it can be difficult. She also outdamages Joker and does have direct ways to get in if shes down on health which makes keeping her out a dead issue for the most part. She has great ways of abusing Joker on wakeup TERRIBLY while Joker has to optimize every basis of her wakeup options and guess right. Acid is good but since wing evade can be delayed you can whiff punish acid. Her AA covers almost all of Jokers jump arc from start to finish and is fast so jumping is a bad idea unless its from a safe jump setup. Basically Joker needs to have a great health advantage, get clean hits off clean reads and/or needs to drag her to the corner asap and hope the player doesn't know how to block. So in other words, if you're playing a good HG that knows the MU and how to block its ggs.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
so Dark is the only Joker with the ability to handle BG?
I think everybody has the ability to handle any character very well unless its like a crazy 7-3 or worse MU in this game. Just because somebody can body a player with character that is at a disadvantage vs their opponent doesn't mean that the MU changes. Personally I do well against HG for the most part but its definitely a 7-3 mu in her favor because of what she has to bring to the table. If you lose to a player when you have a character that has a solid advantage over their character you just either get outplayed immensely because your opponent is smarter, you don't know the MU, or both. A case can be made for all Joker players because 90% of this community is to lazy to learn the Joker MU and say how ridiculous he is and all that but if you ask a player that knows the MU they will tell you. Joker isn't as good as people think. They're just lazy and thats why they become free to Joker until they learn the MU. Nah mean.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think everybody has the ability to handle any character very well unless its like a crazy 7-3 or worse MU in this game. Just because somebody can body a player with character that is at a disadvantage vs their opponent doesn't mean that the MU changes. Personally I do well against HG for the most part but its definitely a 7-3 mu in her favor because of what she has to bring to the table. If you lose to a player when you have a character that has a solid advantage over their character you just either get outplayed immensely because your opponent is smarter, you don't know the MU, or both. A case can be made for all Joker players because 90% of this community is to lazy to learn the Joker MU and say how ridiculous he is and all that but if you ask a player that knows the MU they will tell you. Joker isn't as good as people think. They're just lazy and thats why they become free to Joker until they learn the MU. Nah mean.
90% people ive played didnt bother learning the matchup even when they were losing

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think small tweaks can be made in some matchups in which I have the most experience, nightwing, catwoman, dd, kf etc

but overall he's a decent character who becomes very good if you make the reads and does horrible against a portion of the cast.

definitely a proof to this community's inexperience with fighting games when they don't study the gimmickiest char in the game that can do 100% combos and have no idea to the point where a good joker could just walk into top 8 before all the top tier using top players surfaced.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

And thanks for the Grundy thoughts. Honestly, idk enough lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Triple post but these are my thoughts on his matchups

Aquaman 4-6
Ares 4-6
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 4-6
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 6-4
Cat woman 5-5 possible 6-4
Cyborg 7-3