What's new

Video/Tutorial - Quan Chi "My MKX Quan Chi time!" @ London Comic-Con by ENDeverMORE

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As i though, and some good friends on TYM were suspecting too, the runes are statical, they don't follow their target around.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
lol yeah, we had a suspicion for a long time that they stay where he summons them. not that different from other characters (khotal heavenly light, raiden lightning traps, etc.) i hope they can come up with a good balance of them not being fucking stupid but also having actual practical uses. we also don't even know what the debuff is for his red circle, but i figure it can't be a damage reduction because that wouldn't make sense. use a red circle just so they can do a combo on you that will do less damage and probably push both of you away from the circle itself? i think purple circle+skull= damage debuff on hit and red circle... i have no idea. maybe makes quan's specials do more chip? sorcerer is supposed to be anti-defense, so picture a defensive opponent staying back, you summon red circle, chip them? the description did say he gets more chip, but didn't say where it comes from. just two cents.

and quan doesn't compare to any injustice character but his trance reminds me of zatanna.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Zyphox, you need to join the Quan Chi army. We would be insane on the same team.
thanks, i do plan on using most of the cast unlike INJ or MK9, i had this discussion with REO about character loyalty and coming NEC tournament and MKX i won't do character loyalty anymore so who knows.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I had a go with Quan Chi earlier today. Here's a few extras:

1. The MB variation of rune can be blocked, it just hits low. I'm not sure if you can hitconfirm it into a trance before they hit the ground, my gut feeling tells me that they'll hit the ground before you can get the move out. As it stands, the second hit does a pretty large chunk of damage though, although I'm certain that's because we're on a preview build. RIP Rune Trap.

2. When you stand in his D,D,1 aura, your Skulls become purple, draining the opponents lifebar when hit by a skull. They take the initial damage from the skull as normal, but then their health will start to tick down. Currently it does not buff trance or sky drop, but again, that could be because we're no way near on a final build.

3. Quan Chi's skydrop takes a while to actually start up. But you can instant air it to almost half the start up time, he also lands faster than he did in MK9. MB variation has armour on startup. Instant air D,B,4 is a very easy motion to pull off thankfully, as I was having no trouble reacting to Mustard's projectiles. Only issue is that currently it has a very very awkward hitbox on it, and he has no invulnerability of any kind and can be hit by almost anything on the way down. I was actually grabbed by an interactable grab before I landed on my opponent, which was hilarious! But almost a little upsetting. Again, this could always be just because of a preview build.

4. You can cancel a run into a normal or string. So although you can't dash cancel or cancel a normal into run, you can do it the other way round. Which meant I was able to get a knockdown from Fullscreen MB Rune and then close the gap with a run into a B3 on their wakeup. Running is incredibly fast in this game, but I can't see it being used as a hyper aggressive tool, more of a tool to close the gap and get some pressure as the opponent stands up, provided they don't wakeup attack you.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
I had a go with Quan Chi earlier today. Here's a few extras:

1. The MB variation of rune can be blocked, it just hits low. I'm not sure if you can hitconfirm it into a trance before they hit the ground, my gut feeling tells me that they'll hit the ground before you can get the move out. As it stands, the second hit does a pretty large chunk of damage though, although I'm certain that's because we're on a preview build. RIP Rune Trap.

2. When you stand in his D,D,1 aura, your Skulls become purple, draining the opponents lifebar when hit by a skull. They take the initial damage from the skull as normal, but then their health will start to tick down. Currently it does not buff trance or sky drop, but again, that could be because we're no way near on a final build.
very nice! only the EX rune hits low or both of them? and cool that purple skull drains health. does purple rune also drain health? and do you have any info on green (more specifically about the projectile invincibility) or red spell circles?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
very nice! only the EX rune hits low or both of them? and cool that purple skull drains health. does purple rune also drain health? and do you have any info on green (more specifically about the projectile invincibility) or red spell circles?
I couldn't figure out what the Red circle does, but it looked like some kind of debuff given the fact the rune gave off draining visual effects when they stood near it.

Green aura gives him a hit of armour, it will regenerate and give him another hit after a few seconds, but it won;t save him from really fast strings or attacks that hit twice. I was using it on knockdown to get scarier pressure on their wakeup. This also currently applies in the air, so he can take a hit while jumping too, so long as he's still above the spell.

Sorry, forgot to mention the buffed rune just now. I wasn't sure what the Rune actually did, but it definitely turned purple too. So presumably that also gets an upgrade.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Green aura gives him a hit of armour, it will regenerate and give him another hit after a few seconds, but it won;t save him from really fast strings or attacks that hit twice. I was using it on knockdown to get scarier pressure on their wakeup. This also currently applies in the air, so he can take a hit while jumping too, so long as he's still above the spell.
green aura gives him a hit of armor for physical attacks, but does he take damage when getting hit by a projectile?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
He gets armour, which means he absorbs any kind of attack. He still takes the damage because it's your run of the mill NRS armour.
i'm asking because in his trailer kano threw a knife at him while he was standing in green aura and there was no "armor flash" so i figured it was projectile invincible. that sucks if it's like the for projectiles, but i do like the idea of knockdown pressure with green aura.