What's new

My Greatest Fear - Sadness in my heart

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Last night... while playing with a friend offline... a nightmare from my past came back into my life. I thought at first.... no.... this can't be... but I'm not going to sit here and deny what happened.

I was holding down after I blocked a string, doomsday went for a crossup air d3... while holding down, I pressed 2... hoping for my d2.... and then standing 2 came out.

Please... don't... tell... me... input... bug... still... exists...

In before "you don't know how to press buttons scrub." I was fucking holding down and pressed 2 and standing 2 came out. Do not question my execution on this matter.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If input bug really is back... man, I dunno. There are already numerous things that make me wanna quit this game, the return of the input bug will not help.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm not trying to start a stupid rumor and hurt the game. This bug still exists somehow in some form. It's NRS' fault.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Somebody blow this up.

Confirm/deny?

Has anybody else experienced this?
I confirm this was probably scrubby play

Trolling aside I have never had any issues. My guess is that it is probably paranoia.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I've had my fair share of problems online, so even if it happened I probably attributed it to the lag. The last time I played this offline was at EVO, lol.

Vagrant

Noob
I just checked it real quick, no input bug.

lol. Ultimately that's the only way to know.

Was the same thing found in mk9 in IGAU?

I don't think it is, but maybe it's possible. Who was the guy that found it is he around anymore lol?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
my execution is questionable but so is injustice. i noticed some strangeness with the down command. sometimes it appears to not block at all. there appears to be a mechanism but im not 100% sure yet.

edit: perhaps its the standing block command. but yes this only happened to me online. i dont believe it was a timing or execution issue. two times i have done nothing but hold the stick to block but no blocking happened.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I swear to bajeezus I'm not crazy. There's SOMETHING going on. Maybe it's not necessarily input bug. But what happened happened. And I don't know what caused it.

With the blockstun/push block issues that are going on at the same time... I would lean more towards an issue with the game rather than my hitbox randomly dropping my down input.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I haven't had this happen to me yet either, and that bug fucked me CONSTANTLY in mk9. Hopefully this was a weird one off thing... but I'll be looking for it now.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I swear to bajeezus I'm not crazy. There's SOMETHING going on. Maybe it's not necessarily input bug. But what happened happened. And I don't know what caused it.

With the blockstun/push block issues that are going on at the same time... I would lean more towards an issue with the game rather than my hitbox randomly dropping my down input.
Have you tried to recreate the scenario where you got a standing 2?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
You playing online? If so, could be a timing thing due to low bandwidth (or whatever it's called).

For example, playing against Scorpion online is a nightmare for me, because I have to make the right read instead of reacting to his moves. In fact, I got hit with Spear while holding down because I hit it too late.

EDIT: Nevermind ... reading is tech. Just to be on the safe side though, I noticed this game lags a bit offline if it's connected to the net, as though to compensate for online play.