What's new

My First Time at GGA's Ghost Battles Series (Long read)

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
So, today was my first time at GBS, offline, a local, whatever the fuck you'd like to call it. It was honestly the most fun I've had playing Injustice since the first days of learning combos and discovering back breaker. When I first showed up to this monster of an arcade on ogden, I was a little nervous. I'd heard a lot about how different monitors are (Online and Offline may as well be 2 different games), and the fact that I'd be the resident Bane tonight. Big shoes to fill.

I walk out of my care, I see Saucy Jack and Truth taking a cig break. I asked where to sign up, Jack showed me and I stepped in to the most legendary local of all time. Small crowd, the ever hype 16 Bit was in the commentators chair. I met one of the nicest people ever, Hruza da Bruza. Dude is fucking awesome. Anyways, now the tournaments starting. I'm up to go, and I realize my stick doesn't work with the xbox. Fuck. Now, I'm stuck on a pad, which I haven't used in upwards 5 months. I actually have a lot of Nightwing experience, @Dja_Homies but a lot of my normal strats weren't working due to stupid tiny pads. First match was close, 2nd was decisive. Hruza takes 2-0.

Fill (Who is a damned giant. Seriously he is tall as shit) vs Rational Jim. I can not begin to describe how badly I wanted Fill to lose. Flash is one of the only characters that I'm quite bad at fighting, I've been practicing vs him a lot but sometimes I just don't want to play anymore. Jim loses, and now we have to play. Obviously I sprinted to Martian, option selecting the entire way. First match I won, I got a pretty decisive lead zoning, and made good use of Martian's ridiculous throw range. I could hear Bit coaching Jim in the back, which surprised me because it was my first day ;~;. And first time offline. Ever. Either way, I end up taking the set 2-1, because I shit you not I just grabbed to victory. I counted 11 grabs the whole set. MMH grab normalization please.

3rd set was vs PPJ, the one I feared the most. I knew he played Zatanna and Shazam, which are 2 of my most hated match ups. He picks hawkgirl. First thought was "Welp, time to pack it up" I have very little Hawkgirl experience, and he's the best. The first match wasn't horrible, I charged too much and I dropped a few crucial inputs, notably a corpse hop 113. PPJ bodied me 2-0, but it's ok. He got like what 5th or 4th at evo? Insane. That rounded out my night as I had to leave early, but this was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done. Everyone there is super friendly and very helpful, shout out to @GGA Jeremiah for letting me use his stick for my last 2 sets.

I'll be going again next week, and I hope to level up more as I go. Hopefully next time Bit can coach me from the sidelines, because I will need it. I'll also look into buying an xbox stick, but I'm poor so fuck it. Thanks again everyone I met, you guys are all cool as hell. I pray that Max comes next week so I can learn from the best bane there is. But still option select to Martian when I'm scared :p

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Fill Pops
@GGA Saucy Jack
@GGA pimpimjim
@RM Truth
@Hruza Da Bruza

Also a lot of people in stream were asking why I grabbed my chest inbetween matches. It gives me special powers. :DOGE

Attachments

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Hey, dude. This isn't actually that long of a read. It was certainly worth my time, the whole minute and a half I used to read this whole thing.
You should see the "For those who like to write" thread.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Hey, dude. This isn't actually that long of a read. It was certainly worth my time, the whole minute and a half I used to read this whole thing.
You should see the "For those who like to write" thread.
Felt like a long read when I was typing

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I'm jealous man. I attended the denver arcade and it's pretty much all anime and sf. Certainly no gga. Hopefully I can make a trip back in the next few months

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Good to hear you enjoyed the GBS experience. :)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. I concur, GBS is sweet!

On a side note, funny to hear you mention MMH grabbing his way to victory... Kenshinoyo spent this evening showing me how free I am to grabs on stream. Man I swear that MMH grab will hit me from anywhere ever, and I will always fail to tech it.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
It was great to have you out man. You should absolutely come out again and I will gladly help with the Nightwing Matchup :)

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
It was great to have you out man. You should absolutely come out again and I will gladly help with the Nightwing Matchup :)
I'll be there earlier next week for casuals, I want to go as many times as I can before school starts. I know the nw matchup fairly well, I just need to get a stick for cheap. Does anyone know a good place to get a stick dual modded by chance?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So, today was my first time at GBS, offline, a local, whatever the fuck you'd like to call it. It was honestly the most fun I've had playing Injustice since the first days of learning combos and discovering back breaker. When I first showed up to this monster of an arcade on ogden, I was a little nervous. I'd heard a lot about how different monitors are (Online and Offline may as well be 2 different games), and the fact that I'd be the resident Bane tonight. Big shoes to fill.

I walk out of my care, I see Saucy Jack and Truth taking a cig break. I asked where to sign up, Jack showed me and I stepped in to the most legendary local of all time. Small crowd, the ever hype 16 Bit was in the commentators chair. I met one of the nicest people ever, Hruza da Bruza. Dude is fucking awesome. Anyways, now the tournaments starting. I'm up to go, and I realize my stick doesn't work with the xbox. Fuck. Now, I'm stuck on a pad, which I haven't used in upwards 5 months. I actually have a lot of Nightwing experience, @Dja_Homies but a lot of my normal strats weren't working due to stupid tiny pads. First match was close, 2nd was decisive. Hruza takes 2-0.

Fill (Who is a damned giant. Seriously he is tall as shit) vs Rational Jim. I can not begin to describe how badly I wanted Fill to lose. Flash is one of the only characters that I'm quite bad at fighting, I've been practicing vs him a lot but sometimes I just don't want to play anymore. Jim loses, and now we have to play. Obviously I sprinted to Martian, option selecting the entire way. First match I won, I got a pretty decisive lead zoning, and made good use of Martian's ridiculous throw range. I could hear Bit coaching Jim in the back, which surprised me because it was my first day ;~;. And first time offline. Ever. Either way, I end up taking the set 2-1, because I shit you not I just grabbed to victory. I counted 11 grabs the whole set. MMH grab normalization please.

3rd set was vs PPJ, the one I feared the most. I knew he played Zatanna and Shazam, which are 2 of my most hated match ups. He picks hawkgirl. First thought was "Welp, time to pack it up" I have very little Hawkgirl experience, and he's the best. The first match wasn't horrible, I charged too much and I dropped a few crucial inputs, notably a corpse hop 113. PPJ bodied me 2-0, but it's ok. He got like what 5th or 4th at evo? Insane. That rounded out my night as I had to leave early, but this was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done. Everyone there is super friendly and very helpful, shout out to @GGA Jeremiah for letting me use his stick for my last 2 sets.

I'll be going again next week, and I hope to level up more as I go. Hopefully next time Bit can coach me from the sidelines, because I will need it. I'll also look into buying an xbox stick, but I'm poor so fuck it. Thanks again everyone I met, you guys are all cool as hell. I pray that Max comes next week so I can learn from the best bane there is. But still option select to Martian when I'm scared :p

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Fill Pops
@GGA Saucy Jack
@GGA pimpimjim
@RM Truth
@Hruza Da Bruza

Also a lot of people in stream were asking why I grabbed my chest inbetween matches. It gives me special powers. :DOGE
I no shit read this entire Post w this voice and music in the background because of your name

Keep going to GBS, you'll have fun and you're growing up to be a big boy

@GGA 16 Bit

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I no shit read this entire Post w this voice and music in the background because of your name

Keep going to GBS, you'll have fun and you're growing up to be a big boy

@GGA 16 Bit
Wasn't it implied he had cancer and that's why his parents always had him do fun shit? Either way GBS is going to level me up to a big boy

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wasn't it implied he had cancer and that's why his parents always had him do fun shit? Either way GBS is going to level me up to a big boy
Actually that's what I and many thought however it's reported they wanted him bald no matter what to differentiate himself from all the other cartoon child stars and characters

Odd but I guess it is what it is

E

Eldriken

What's a good time to get there? I definitely want to play casuals but I got no stick :( too poor for a new one
I have a barely used 360 stick that I want to get rid of. Hit me up with a message and we can possibly work something out.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Fill Pops
@GGA Saucy Jack
@GGA pimpimjim
@RM Truth
@Hruza Da Bruza

1 mistake it wasn't truth it was me and saucy you should know we played a decent amount of games trying to help you get used to pad :)

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
1 mistake it wasn't truth it was me and saucy you should know we played a decent amount of games trying to help you get used to pad :)
Actually didn't know you had tym, otherwise I would have tagged you man :) yeah I didn't get a good look because I was taking in the glory that is SaucyJack, but jesus dude most fraud ass aquaman :DOGE thanks for helping me with the pad though, although it was really weird. Going next week? I'm down for more casuals.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm glad I've never seen the Martian in our sets :joker:
great job going out man, option selecting a martian isn't bad. It could've been worse...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!