What's new

Match-up Discussion My Cyrax Matchup Chart, I expect a lot of criticism =)

Maxter

Noob
Yeah freddy has great mix ups. He has a low and an overhead which are decently quick which is why I related him to lui kang and they are neutral on block and safe because you don't always have to hell spike after just to do it. If you hit a b2 or b3 then you are +4 and good for more pressure. If you want the damage and are going to continue through with a hell spike but don't want to be punished then you can ex hell spike which is only -6 (according to the tom brady guide) and the only moves that can punish that are reptiles elbow dash or kung lao spin or some d1s. If you do hit that ex hell spike then its big damage which leads back to zoning or continued pressure if you choose. But I am a fool and a bit of a coward because I know some smoke :p
Damn satsui, you really make sense with eddie satandpoints , i can't describe much of his mechanics cause i've never touched him, but i have people fighting me with him and they really make my life hard, they rush and zone, and sometimes they land 50+ dmg combos on me, and do crazy block strings which make you think when to release block, Eddie is no joke, if i join the zoning academy he will be my first pick, i was trying kenshi but he is a little boring really, Eddie is more hybrid =)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Dude cyrax is my character i picked him first dawg, go back to jade son.
Not true, I was a game tester. Technically I picked him and all of your mains first, so how about you go back to warcraft or someshit, dawg. :)

Maxter

Noob
Not true, I was a game tester. Technically I picked him and all of your mains first, so how about you go back to warcraft or someshit, dawg. :)
Yo dawg, before you were a game tester i was playing mk, when i first picked cyrax you were like 10 years old son =)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I've tried this and had some failures, check out around 7:00:

Maybe I messed up somehow, but this trap doesn't seem 100% guaranteed in application.
I think you need more Sektor match-up experience honestly. It was actually not easy for me to use this at first, but after a while, it gets easier. Like right now, believe it or not, I punish his 6 frame starter by ducking the first hit and interrupting it before it ends. I wont lie, it wasn't easy at first, but I have this thing where if I feel its possible, I do my best to get it down consistently. I don't believe in, "Its too hard... wont work..." I also do this to Kung Lao.

Like when I play Red I don't often use 33 in the corner, I use 3 which leaves you -6 on block if you don't cancel it. You can then condition your opponent on his wake-ups.

Keep in mind that although his Ex-Tele is good and leaves him safe, he is also in the corner with one less bar to break against Cyrax who can deal around 70% meterless in the corner.

Are you going to NEC by any chance? I'd love to get some games in with you and discuss match-ups.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
your numbers are crossed son
Money match at NEC, its on!

Also, I didn't want to say anything but I'm using a different character. I'm not saying any more than this, you will just have to deal with it.

Be ready, Krayzie is coming for you! Move aside old man, what are you now 52? :)

Maxter

Noob
Money match at NEC, its on!

Also, I didn't want to say anything but I'm using a different character. I'm not saying any more than this, you will just have to deal with it.

Be ready, Krayzie is coming for you! Move aside old man, what are you now 52? :)
Deal kid =)

Well, I actually have some things to say about this freddy debacle since I have played scar, CD ,darknatas, m2dave(on pad mind you). Four great freddy players to post my opinion on how freddy should be played.

I have come to the conclusion that you need both the rushdown and zoning to be successful in tournaments and I feel that CD is the closest to mastering this and imo the best freddy. However, I do feel that if a certain style should be used more often, it is the zoning style that m2dave incorporates. This style leads to great meter building plus decent damage and without much risk. 50/50 mixups are great but I can punish -13 on block without push back and so can most top players. His rushdown game should only be used when he has breaker so if he does hit with a 50/50 mix up upclose with regular spike he can continue with ex spike or break if he guesses wrong.

I think many people are forgetting that freddy is a high hitbox character. Going in close leaves you having to deal with the issues that occur with that liability. Why put yourself through that when you have the tools to be the best zoner. Unless you are on a small stage or playing against a player that negates freddy's zoning (smoke =P) then you shouldn't be really using freddy rushdown imo.

Of course this is just through my eyes and what I experienced playing against freddy but I feel many people are criticizing m2dave for using only an aspect that is more important than his rushdown imo. I feel he needs to be put on blast for not learning how to deal with smoke but how can we put him on blast for not using freddy's rushdown when other freddy players have only gotten good with their zoning but not mastered it?

This is just my opinion and I think natas,scar, cd and m2dave are 4 great freddy players and I am privilaged to have two of those players in vsm to learn the freddy matchup. I am sorry m2dave, vsm freddy players don't just rushdown fool =P.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Cyrax vs Freddy is 5-5.

The best thing Freddy can do is zone him out. The thing about his zoning though, is that there are gaps where Cyrax can approach him.

Maxter

Noob
Cyrax vs Freddy is 5-5.

The best thing Freddy can do is zone him out. The thing about his zoning though, is that there are gaps where Cyrax can approach him.
Its no 5-5 its 20-(-10) in cyrax's favor, cyrax wins this match even if the player doesn't plug his pad on the console. a 20-(-10) is very rare on any fighting game, Eddie definitely needs Buffs

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Its no 5-5 its 20-(-10) in cyrax's favor, cyrax wins this match even if the player doesn't plug his pad on the console. a 20-(-10) is very rare on any fighting game, Eddie definitely needs Buffs
lmao... I'm not arguing shit here.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Damn satsui, you really make sense with eddie satandpoints , i can't describe much of his mechanics cause i've never touched him, but i have people fighting me with him and they really make my life hard, they rush and zone, and sometimes they land 50+ dmg combos on me, and do crazy block strings which make you think when to release block, Eddie is no joke, if i join the zoning academy he will be my first pick, i was trying kenshi but he is a little boring really, Eddie is more hybrid =)
Thanks and I've never touched him neither but I used to play imo one of the best freddy players all the time. His only problem is he would waste his meter a bit too much and make some questionable decisions. Like winter warz said its great to rush down when you have meter and good to zone to build.

It's like mkdc green lantern. Zone them out and once they do get in then you can pressure them and send them back out just for them to try and get back in again and once they do again then rinse and repeat

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I played MK1 when it first dropped in a donut shop down the street from my Elementary School. Get on my level, only true gamers play through arthritis. ;)

As far as "Eddie" goes, his rush down is sick, all points above are valid. Eddie players need to stop being cowards like the smokers they oppose. A feeble little kick buffered in to ex hell away will not send shivers down the spines of all those who reside on Elm St. 50/50 mixups on the other hand, have mothers checking their childrens closets for burnt pedos.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think you need more Sektor match-up experience honestly. It was actually not easy for me to use this at first, but after a while, it gets easier. Like right now, believe it or not, I punish his 6 frame starter by ducking the first hit and interrupting it before it ends. I wont lie, it wasn't easy at first, but I have this thing where if I feel its possible, I do my best to get it down consistently. I don't believe in, "Its too hard... wont work..." I also do this to Kung Lao.

Like when I play Red I don't often use 33 in the corner, I use 3 which leaves you -6 on block if you don't cancel it. You can then condition your opponent on his wake-ups.

Keep in mind that although his Ex-Tele is good and leaves him safe, he is also in the corner with one less bar to break against Cyrax who can deal around 70% meterless in the corner.

Are you going to NEC by any chance? I'd love to get some games in with you and discuss match-ups.
Yeah... Thanx man. Just tell everybody everything! lol.

I say we go back to saying Cyrax-Sektor is 3 -7 or whatever it was and forget any tech that beats him. That way no one is sad for losing to Sektor... It's just a horrible match up!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Yeah... Thanx man. Just tell everybody everything! lol.

I say we go back to saying Cyrax-Sektor is 3 -7 or whatever it was and forget any tech that beats him. That way no one is sad for losing to Sektor... It's just a horrible match up!
Sektor beats Cyrax 10 - 0 what are you talking about?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Cyrax beats Jade 6-4. He beats her up close, and he beats her mid range. All he has to do is get ANY life lead, and the match is over. Buzz saw is his greatest tool against Jade. She has NOTHING aside from Glow that can beat it.

The damage difference is just too high. If cyrax sits full screen trying to lame you out, then yes, Jade will get 8% off her kicks. If he plays mid range/close, Cyrax has better tools, normals, and advantage to keep the green beast on defensive.

NariTuba

disMember
Maxter Excelente! I pretty much agree with everything... some matchups could vary slightly but the overall assessment is as accurate as it gets imho.

An interesting matchup I dont think you discussed is Cyblax vs Cyrax (not like anybody plays this frequently anyway). Have you played this with J360 at all? I played it a bit against a good Cyrax here and it definitely looks interesting, he ended up taking more games than me but I felt by the end of the set I was onto him. Cyblax can teleport nets and full combo punish or get pressure... he can abuse the teleport a lot in this match actually. They can both put bombs on the screen, and even tho robo is faster with them, Cyblax forces him to be mindful of teleport so he cant mindlessly throw them out.
Any thoughts?

saludos!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Maxter
Maxter Major props to u

I just rewatched our MLG matches and you are a true top beast no question

I see my mistakes and see what u r talking about w Mileena, thank u for destroying the pig further pushing me to become a better player and a more complete one

although 6-2 I was very close on winning 2 Of them w mileena and the Freddy one. Kenshi MU IMO is tough but I will surely iron it out too

For what it is worth u r the only cyrax to beat me in tourney so it's all about u the player

Congrats and see you soon

Maxter

Noob
Maxter
Maxter Major props to u

I just rewatched our MLG matches and you are a true top beast no question

I see my mistakes and see what u r talking about w Mileena, thank u for destroying the pig further pushing me to become a better player and a more complete one

although 6-2 I was very close on winning 2 Of them w mileena and the Freddy one. Kenshi MU IMO is tough but I will surely iron it out too

For what it is worth u r the only cyrax to beat me in tourney so it's all about u the player

Congrats and see you soon
Thanks for the props brother, you will definitely overcome those matches, you are a very smart player and one of the best adapting out there, these matches at mlg could have gone either way, didn't know the vods were up already, i'll go and watch them later, see you soon at NEC we should play more casuals and learn more from each other =)

Maxter

Noob
Maxter Excelente! I pretty much agree with everything... some matchups could vary slightly but the overall assessment is as accurate as it gets imho.

An interesting matchup I dont think you discussed is Cyblax vs Cyrax (not like anybody plays this frequently anyway). Have you played this with J360 at all? I played it a bit against a good Cyrax here and it definitely looks interesting, he ended up taking more games than me but I felt by the end of the set I was onto him. Cyblax can teleport nets and full combo punish or get pressure... he can abuse the teleport a lot in this match actually. They can both put bombs on the screen, and even tho robo is faster with them, Cyblax forces him to be mindful of teleport so he cant mindlessly throw them out.
Any thoughts?

saludos!

Any thoughts?

saludos!
I strongly believe cyborg wins this match, cyblax is very good against zoners but his startups on net and bombs are so slow, he can't have many bomb trap setups like cyborg does, i might have played this match couple of times with josh 360 but its been long and can't really give you more insights about it, i'll ask j360 to play with his cyblax next time we meet.