What's new

Match-up Discussion My Cyrax Matchup Chart, I expect a lot of criticism =)

Maxter

Noob
I've tried this and had some failures, check out around 7:00:

Maybe I messed up somehow, but this trap doesn't seem 100% guaranteed in application.
Han he didn't roll. rolls change the timing of wakeups, Krayzie was testing wakeups on roll

Dark_Rob

Noob
About smoke, come fight the lamest of them in NY no money match involved i will only pay you money if you win against kt or CD Jr
Not KT bro lol. KT is REALLLY rusty. Like he forgot how to play the game rusty. Thats the only explanation there can be for me kicking his butt all over the gamers edge last VSM with my crummy Subzero. KT's been all about Street Fighter lately. You should talk some sense into him Maxter.

Maxter, i think denzell would gladly fight any smoke with rax :). I got that mu 5 5 bcuz i feel smoke having no chip dmg hurts him alot, chars like liu an kabal can get a lead and chip them while running away, smoke cannot so rax can work his way in without taking dmg.

Maxter

Noob
Not KT bro lol. KT is REALLLY rusty. Like he forgot how to play the game rusty. Thats the only explanation there can be for me kicking his butt all over the gamers edge last VSM with my crummy Subzero. KT's been all about Street Fighter lately. You should talk some sense into him Maxter.
Daaamn we lost him? I'll have Jr then he is going back to his roots, he is going back to the MLG columbus winner

Maxter

Noob
Maxter, i think denzell would gladly fight any smoke with rax :). I got that mu 5 5 bcuz i feel smoke having no chip dmg hurts him alot, chars like liu an kabal can get a lead and chip them while running away, smoke cannot so rax can work his way in without taking dmg.
Understandable, but its not about the chip really, let Jr get on to shape and let the matches talk, i'm not lying when i say he will make cyrax feel free with that char, including mine

Dark_Rob

Noob
Daaamn we lost him? I'll have Jr then he is going back to his roots, he is going back to the MLG columbus winner
I dont think weve lost him for good. He needs a good dominican pep talk to turn him away from the dark side and come back to MK.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hey Maxter I agree that Cyrax beats Shang but I think that it is only 4-6. Cyrax has to be careful throwing out bombs and nets and his hitbox gives Shang more ways to pressure him, and Cyrax is not particularly good at getting out of pressure.
Ive found an infinite agaisnt Shang in the corner using Cyrax. the only escape is a breaker. I havent released it yet, but it may make the cyrax / shang matchup a bit worse for shang..

Understandable, but its not about the chip really, let Jr get on to shape and let the matches talk, i'm not lying when i say he will make cyrax feel free with that char, including mine
i believe what you say, his smoke was a beast when he played with him, idk why he dropped him. Please make sure he gets him back into shape haha. I remember denzell wasn't really using cage in tournament and i gave him a good ol pep talk, now he uses him and does wonders with him. It might actually be 6 4 smoke, but I'd need to see some more high lvl rax vs high lvl smoke first.

Maxter

Noob
i believe what you say, his smoke was a beast when he played with him, idk why he dropped him. Please make sure he gets him back into shape haha. I remember denzell wasn't really using cage in tournament and i gave him a good ol pep talk, now he uses him and does wonders with him. It might actually be 6 4 smoke, but I'd need to see some more high lvl rax vs high lvl smoke first.
For sure, we will start getting his smoke into shape right away, Jr might not be the best smoke combo maker or the fastest one using the character, but his fundamentals with this chars go so well together, we will see by NEC how good he gets with Him, its just a matter of training.
Thanks for understanding lord MALOC =)

For sure, we will start getting his smoke into shape right away, Jr might not be the best smoke combo maker or the fastest one using the character, but his fundamentals with this chars go so well together, we will see by NEC how good he gets with Him, its just a matter of training.
Thanks for understanding lord MALOC =)
no problem, what is your opinion of the rax vs freddy mu? i feel like rax has alot of things to crush him up close, but he has to get close first.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think I would agree with all of this except for the Freddy Match, I don't know how cyrax can win that 6-4, he can't get his game started or even touch Freddy.

Maxter

Noob
no problem, what is your opinion of the rax vs freddy mu? i feel like rax has alot of things to crush him up close, but he has to get close first.
I'm stil working on this matchup with CD Sr, there was a point in which i had to change to human sektor because i couldn't do much against him with Rax, these two bro's of mine knowledge of rax makes everything difficult for me, maybe is not the matchup anymore its just they hate rax =(.
CD plays with freddy like he almost plays with kitana, at that mid range where he minds fuck you to jump at him or he will randomly jump at you, he really dont fear cyrax upclose, he also gets leads and its tought to catchup. his strings are not the fastest but they are mostly 0 on block, CD also rush pretty good with him, idk how he does it since i don't know much about the char. i can't cross him up cause freddy has the biggest hitbox on a d1 lol it evens antiairs kicks sometimes, freddy has one of the best d1s with the tallest hitbox on it just in case people didnt know, also his standing one is a killer and lead into high dmg combos, CD used to do 50+ combos with this char on me ending with a vortex and 50/50 situation. CD is a little rusty with freddy but couple of days ago he started training him again for the kenshi matchup, he really frustrated me, i haven't fought him yet since i started improving new techs with rax, but this guy forced me to drop that match, i picked sektor human on him cause nightmare stance is hit by his projectiles, robot cant hit, also i would randomly jump reading a claw coming from the ground to tele uppercut, or instant tu his glove toss or whatever the name is.
i will give you updates of this match when cd becomes good with him again, i think i might be able to get him better this time usiong vortexes and new setups i have for him.

I'm stil working on this matchup with CD Sr, there was a point in which i had to change to human sektor because i couldn't do much against him with Rax, these two bro's of mine knowledge of rax makes everything difficult for me, maybe is not the matchup anymore its just they hate rax =(.
CD plays with freddy like he almost plays with kitana, at that mid range where he minds fuck you to jump at him or he will randomly jump at you, he really dont fear cyrax upclose, he also gets leads and its tought to catchup. his strings are not the fastest but they are mostly 0 on block, CD also rush pretty good with him, idk how he does it since i don't know much about the char. i can't cross him up cause freddy has the biggest hitbox on a d1 lol it evens antiairs kicks sometimes, freddy has one of the best d1s with the tallest hitbox on it just in case people didnt know, also his standing one is a killer and lead into high dmg combos, CD used to do 50+ combos with this char on me ending with a vortex and 50/50 situation. CD is a little rusty with freddy but couple of days ago he started training him again for the kenshi matchup, he really frustrated me, i haven't fought him yet since i started improving new techs with rax, but this guy forced me to drop that match, i picked sektor human on him cause nightmare stance is hit by his projectiles, robot cant hit, also i would randomly jump reading a claw coming from the ground to tele uppercut, or instant tu his glove toss or whatever the name is.
i will give you updates of this match when cd becomes good with him again, i think i might be able to get him better this time usiong vortexes and new setups i have for him.
ah ok, DJT is typing a monster load of a post about all the mus and stuff haha, get your coffee and popcorn for that post.

Maxter

Noob
I think I would agree with all of this except for the Freddy Match, I don't know how cyrax can win that 6-4, he can't get his game started or even touch Freddy.
I promise you i couldn't beat cd the way he used to play with him, and the dmg here is huge on both depaartments, freddy is a killing machine, idk why m2dave don't use his high dmg combos and 50/50 situations more, sorry for putting you on blast m2dave, your tactics work but still gotta incorporate some combos and rush on freddy, as well as some hit confirm into something else that is not a teleport away. i've seen you losing match cause of this, all freddies just want to run away from cyrax and this is what makes them the pray, freddy should play more hybrid

Maxter

Noob
ah ok, DJT is typing a monster load of a post about all the mus and stuff haha, get your coffee and popcorn for that post.
Daaamn, will it be a rax matchup chart counter attack against mine? maaannn tell your bro he is good cause of his fundamentals but still he needs more time fighting a lot of matchups with rax against different players before he makes one =/, i'll still welcome it, instead of coffee i'll go grab myself a bottle at the liquor store, i'll be back later =)

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
KABAL!

Also, that knee gets D1 ExRagdoll... :D
Lol 5.5-4.5 cyrax over cage? I'm going to get arthritis from learning kabal :eek: man I wish johnny had sunglasse dash cancels and his f3 hit from fullscreen like ex shadow kick. He also needs instant air forceballs that are +5 on block :(

Daaamn, will it be a rax matchup chart counter attack against mine? maaannn tell your bro he is good cause of his fundamentals but still he needs more time fighting a lot of matchups with rax against different players before he makes one =/, i'll still welcome it, instead of coffee i'll go grab myself a bottle at the liquor store, i'll be back later =)
haha, denzell actually is well versed in that mus with rax, not as much as you though because you have played him longer, but he is definitely getting better and better with him. I can definitely give him worthy mu experience vs alot of characters.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
cyrax rapes scorp 7-3 its bad scorp cant trade at all cant make any mistakes. cyrax can abuse his hitbox so easily. i have a too much scorp exp against one of the best scorps i know scorpion. it's a pretty easy match for rax. kano is definitely a 7-3 in cyrax's favor. I hace lots of kano experience too because we basically play about the whole cast here in vegas. kano can never trade can make any mistakes. cyrax can make many of course. Not trying to blow you up maxter but Kano winning vs your rax? Just doesn't seem believeable to me. I would have to play j360's kano. I think the match is like playing sub vs kano. It's just too easy for rax in my opionion. Kano has a pretty big hitbox that can be abused by rax. Kano doesn't stand a chance vs rax no matter how much you know about rax you're not winning with kano. I just play that match too smart to lose to kano. Kano just sucks no offense to any kano players out there. I agree with the sub mu. sub can turtle rax if he gets the lead. that mu is almost 5-5 I think. Of course cyrax has no armor so sub can destroy rax in the corner. I think it's a lame match almost 5-5. I can agree with 6-4 rax I have a lot of experience in that match. Rax vs lui kang I think is 5-5. it's like cage vs lui. rax has to get in. lui has to keep him out. Cyrax vs lui is a pure footsies fight. If you don't know a lui that plays a lot of footsie like my bro, it'll be bad for you rax. It's all about patience in that mu. He's building a lot of meter with fireballs etc. You can sometimes get a net when the lui is too fireball happy. If you get in with rax you can abuse that hitbox with cyrax's mixups. got d4, buzzsaw command grab, ex ragdoll, or just do neutral strings. Lui doesn't want cyrax close to him. But lui's ability to keep rax away with footsies and zoning does make it hard with rax. I can agree on 4-6 lui. don't do d1 or d3 to poke out of lui pressure too much because you can be punished with b312 full combo. cyrax can use d4 to keep lui spaced. but if you miss a d4 you can be punished b312 full combo. it's an uphill battle fighting lui with rax. i can agree on jax winning 4-6 vs rax. Johnny cage rax I believe is a solid 5-5. could be in cyrax favor slightly. bombs, d4, d3, buzzsaw, and 1,2 are good footsies tools in this match. of course I can't forget the net. cage rushing in against rax is a 50-50. as cage is approaching cyrax can use d4 making cage come in blocking low. or he can do buzzsaw to mix it up. Cage will have to guess as he is coming in. d1 ex ragdoll is the best thing to get out of pressure. it can't be interupted and hella advantage on cancel. Damage output is huge factor in this match. Cyrax can do mixups on cage if he gets in. It's a patient match. It's pretty similar to sub vs cage. cage doesn't win that match in my opinion. Cyrax vs kit I believe is 4-6 kitana or possibly 5-5. it's a real manageable match vs kit. It's a ground game and kit controls the air. I remember fighting bit at dallas and it came down to the wire with my rax but I jumped. You just can't jump at kit. I feel she does have the advantage because of that zoning. 4-6 kit is agreeable for me. I don't think kabal rax is 7-3. I feel it is 4-6 minimum. I think kabal definitely has the advantage but he is always has to be extremely careful. one or two mistakes and kabal is done. Once rax is in you have to bait that armor all kabals do it. all kabals get random at one point of the fight. Of course they can zone keep rax away build lots of meter. but kabal must not waste that meter or bye bye kabal. I think kabal pressure is good but cyrax can get out of it. I think this match can almost be 5-5. but 4-6 is agreeable to me. not 7-3. I feel baraka vs rax is 7-3 or 6-4. I think 6-4 is more agreeable to me. that d4 raka has plays a big factor. I think it is almost 7-3. 6-4 seems more reasonable. I think rax beats scarlet or almost 5-5. scarlet definitely doesn't want to waste meter. but scarlet can keep him out. got good pressure. I think 5-5 is most agreeable. Reptile I agree is 6-4 rax. Freddy vs rax is 5-5 imo. it could be 6-4 freddy. it's a patient match imo. I think 5-5 is most agreeable. freddy has a juicy hitbox that can be abused if rax gets in. Freddy can never waste meter unless necessary. 5-5 is most agreeable for me. I don't think freddy wins. I have a lot of smoke exp and I feel it is close to 5-5 or 6-4 smoke minimum. Yeah smoke can keep rax away with smoke bombs etc be lame. but smoke doesn't have any chip damage just like cyrax. when cyrax gets in he can do a lot of damage on smoke because of his huge hitbox similar to rax's hitbox. they both can't make mistakes. it's a ground game. nobody can really jump. smoke doesn't have good wakeups so rax can keep pressure on smoke. smoke can definitely keep rax away no doubt. but the match is no where near 7-3. I don't think rax has a 7-3 mu. even the thought of smoke winning 7-3 seems insane. 6-4 is the minimum. it's real close to a 5-5. Rain loses to rax like 6-4 its bad for rain almost a 7-3. Kenshi vs rax is 6-4 imo because kenshi has to stay on his toes never to trade with rax. He can keep rax out good. if rax gets in kenshi hitbox can be abused badly. if you catch kenshi with command grab the mixups are endless with a hitbox that big. I flawlessed pig a round one time with these mixups. not trying to brag or anything i <3:) pig. aka uncle bernie aha. but it can get ugly if rax gets in. kenshi has to keep rax out. I think it is a tossup between 5-5 6-4. I think 6-4 rax but is it a VERY manageable match for kenshi. He just has to play careful. pig's kenshi is the best we always have close fights. It can be 5-5 it's hard for me to tell. I would have to play pig more in this mu. I think vs jade it's 6-4 rax because that glow. almost 7-3 rax. Jade has ways that she can keep rax out if they have good rax experience. just her damage isn't enough vs rax. rax wins the match 6-4 my final decision for that match. Sektor is 5-5 imo. you can't command grab him but footsies help you win the match. sektor keeps rax out good. but one mistake and ggs brah. sektor doesnt really have a good offense except like b3 and missiles etc. d3 buzzsaw and d4 are good for rax in this match nobody can really jump in this match. it can almost be 6-4 sek but I don't think so. I've played my fair share of good sektors and it is 5-5 in my opinion. patience is a key factor in helping rax win a lot of his mu's. Like vs mileena it's about who gets the life lead first and lame it out. 5-5 is agreeable to me. vs shang i think 6-4 is agreeable or 7-3 it is pretty bad for shang. that hitbox can be abused but shang can abuse rax hitbox if he gets in. In my opinion it's 6-4 almost 7-3. i think rax 7-3's csz. just my opinion. csz just stinks and cant phase the yellow death machine. air grab stops all divekicks. d4 and buzzsaw is good tool for a csz trying to abuse parry. possibly 6-4 csz too. Kl i believe rax wins 6-4 but 5-5 is reasonable too. kung lao can do any teleport mixup or jump because it is automatic air grab. no mistakes for kl. kl cant waste meter. kl playing defensive and on the ground is the best thing to go vs rax. a ki trying to play over aggressive vs rax will lead to a quick death. rax wins it but it is very manageable for kl. I feel cyrax runs through ermac 6-4 almost 7-3 rax. ermac has to keep rax away. ermac has no good offense. defense and zoning is all he can do or be random and get lucky. if rax gets in it's bad for mac. using rax's mixups can demolish ermac. ermac poking out can be blocked and you can continue pressure with rax. bombs can influence ermac to do something dumb like teleport and that equals ggs cyrax wins aha. yeah I think it is 7-3 rax 6-4 minimum. I feel raiden rax could possibly be even 5-5. but after playing bwizz, I feel like rax wins it 6-4 minimum. almost 7-3. bombs can influence raiden to do something. like superman. cyrax can punish normal tele and ex tele just have to look at the meter when he teleports. i think 6-4 imo. i feel sonya does win the mu 6-4 very manageable for rax if he plays it like sub zero. almost 5-5 very close to it. cyrax has to play it defensive to win. i agree with noob losing to rax 6-4. i've played almost all the good noobs. cyrax wins it. sheeva does lose to rax 7-3. i think cyrax beats sindel 6-4. cyrax beats quan 6-4 close to a 5-5. battle of brokeness. I think cyrax brokeness wins the match. i think stryker is 6-4 rax agreeable for me almost 7 3 in my opinion. but 6 4 works best for me.