What's new

Match-up Discussion My Black Adam Matchup Chart ( Version 1.07 )

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wanted to finally make a matchup chart for BA. This is my MU chart for this state of the game before the big patch.

Bane 8-2
Grundy 8-2
Harley Quinn 7-3
Joker 7-3
Shazam 7-3
Lobo 7-3
Doomsday 7-3
Green Arrow 7-3
Lex 6-4
Aquaman 6-4
Hawkgirl 6-4
Catwoman 6-4
Flash 6-4
Deathstroke 6-4
Nightwing 6-4
Raven 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Batgirl 6-4
Ares 6-4
Superman 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Sinestro 5-5
Zod 5-5
Batman 5-5 possible 4-6 in the future
Wonder Woman 4-6
Cyborg 4-6

These are my numbers, feel free to ask if you want to know why a certain number is like that and discuss. If you want to argue please provide points to argue and not " lol this is so wrong". Thank you.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
This is not pre patch if the patch is not out yet :p you shoukd of just put the version 1.07? Or whatever

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No Martian??

Also kan you please put this in Alphabetical Order?
I haven't put Zatanna or MMH because I haven't played one or know enough about the characters.

You mean this isn't how the alphabet goes :p? I'm changing it right now matchup number wise with the best matchups first and worst last.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
BA - NW ain't 7-3?
I believe TakeAChance had recently found the way to play this matchup or so I might have read at some point.

I think NW doesn't lose that bad vs BA with well use of escrima and staff stance in moderation, its key to learn to interrupt divekicks on reaction with air to airs and jumping over lightnings when you're expecting them.

I've heard a few say Lex vs BA is 4-6 in favor of Lex. Others less optimistic say it is 5-5, and I can definitely see why.

I had some footage where I played an extremely good BA player, and only lost by a slim margin, and unfortunately I don't have it anymore. I didn't win that match, but the best BA I played seemed to have trouble with Lex despite the skill gap.

Feels like Lex's air corp charge and j3 are good at keeping BA grounded, and by my own experience, Black Adam can't do much about Lex's shields, except for waste his own trait which doesn't recharge as fast.

So can you elaborate on that matchup: why do you think 6-4 in BA's favor?

Lex can punish blocked divekicks with CC on reversal, right?
I actually don't know that... Probably because divekick has such terrible priority compared to corp charge, I hardly every get hit with it.

When BA jumps there seems to be no reason I shouldn't press back,forward,medium and it's immediately stuffed.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I agree that BA-NW is 6-4 his favor.

NW just needs to use escrima to get in and switch to staff once he gets in, like most of his other MUs.

NW also blows his wakeups out of the water with staff 1. It's hitbox is disjointed so on knockdown he cannot wakeup because he eats a full combo if he does. He either has to just block or techroll (which pushes him closer to the corner)

Black Adam does have better damage and better mobility, which is why I think he has an advantage.

I'd write more but I have a 10 page essay to write for honors chem and if I put it off any longer it won't be done.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I agree that BA-NW is 6-4 his favor.

NW just needs to use escrima to get in and switch to staff once he gets in, like most of his other MUs.

NW also blows his wakeups out of the water with staff 1. It's hitbox is disjointed so on knockdown he cannot wakeup because he eats a full combo if he does. He either has to just block or techroll (which pushes him closer to the corner)

Black Adam does have better damage and better mobility, which is why I think he has an advantage.

I'd write more but I have a 10 page essay to write for honors chem and if I put it off any longer it won't be done.
I think lightning hands beats that standing 1

you need to explain why.

Well, Jailhouse listed at 6-4 for Batgirl back before the Dive Kick Nerf. Now BG can Flying Bat punish a blocked Dive Kick.

I dunno, It's just BA really doesn't have much to stop BG from doing what she wants to do. Both Lightning and Cloud can be Smoke Bombed on reaction, so that makes him very hesitant about tossing those out. Her vortex avoids him using Lightning Cage at all unless she just landed the full corner combo for 50%. And then if it's whiff punished you're dead.

BG's poke of choice (B1) is 1f faster than BA's (B2) and have comparable ranges. BA's 2 is faster but less range.

BA's main advantages are D1 Orbs, D1, Lightning, his backdash mobility, and midscreen meterless damage.

6f D1's prevent BG from continuing offense after a blocked B12, because it checks her. She can't do silly shit like flying bat or MBF3 after it.

BG's J2 beats all of BA's air moves pretty easily.

All in all, counters to BG have to have some of these things

1) Ability to Escape vortex (Aquaman)
2) Armor out the ass to blow through BG's neutral (Bane, Doomsday)
3) Hard to smoke bomb projectiles (SM, NW, BM)
4) Neutral that shuts down BG's neutral and forces her to take risks (SM)
5) GDLK spammable D1 with range (NW)

BA doesn't really have much of that. If both players play solid, BA has to do all the hard guesses.

I'm not saying BG wins free. I'm just saying as a BG player, I don't have any problems doing my thing in this matchup.