What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Multiple variations of Scorpion shown

Scorpion 1:

His hands glow.

I believe it allows him to throw the fireball. Also note he has no swords on his back.

Scorpion 2:

He has swords on his back now.

It gives him sword attacks..

Scorpion 3:

He has some sort of device on his waist now.

He grabs it and uses it to summon that skeleton to grab Sub-Zero.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I'd assume this can kind of confirm there's two different fighting styles or more to select before starting a match, which i'm completely okay with. I remember seeing a post about how each character can play differently, which is pretty cool.

Decay

King of the Bill
good spot on the skull on his belt, I didn't notice that either but that's crazy. I guess if that version of scorpion has the hellspawn that comes up from under you and holds you down, maybe that's a play style that would help against zoning. Just a thought

Decay

King of the Bill
I also noticed there's 2 versions of subzero shown and it's not just 2 outfits. if you notice in the beginning of the trailer, he's looking normal, then later on around 1:26 he looks sorta normal but his mask is frozen with a light blue glow. You can see this sub zero style also at 2:06. Here he looks like hes wearing a different outfit perhaps or just a slightly different color way however he still has the bright blue frozen mask. I'm guessing it's one of his styles

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Mother of God give me a Mileena style with all out sai attacks....

And also, Bug Bitch.

loogie

Noob
if there are different variations of a character and different fighting styles, then I hope the roster isn't too big ... then it will be a real mess to learn all the matchups not to mention the counter picking that will happen.

if there are different variations of a character and different fighting styles, then I hope the roster isn't too big ... then it will be a real mess to learn all the matchups not to mention the counter picking that will happen.
Scorpion 1 banned from tornnies for being god tier, Scorpion 2 allowed for being shit tier.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I noticed the sword thing, but didnt realize he had a device on his belt on the last part. Nice!

I would be down for 3 different styles for each char. I assume they are not stances then since they would have to materialize the swords out of thin air. (Not out of the question, just would look whack).

Lets give cage a zoning stance where his EX nut punch is like Freddy's EX claw from MK9. :joker: