What's new

Mulling a New TYM "Let's Talk About" Series

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So although I had this idea a while back (in MK9, actually), I've been pretty busy and hadn't had the time to sit down and organize my thoughts on this. But I feel like now is as good a time as any. So, introducing:

LET'S TALK ABOUT

The way this would work is as follows:

• After each event, we chose a couple of matches (interesting or critical ones) and have the community sit down and talk about them in depth, 1 thread per match with the Youtube video in the OP.
  • In each thread, we go through and analyze the match bit by bit; what worked, what didn't work, etc.
  • Ideally, we'd get the players involved to give their comments, answer questions in the thread, and clarify things.
  • The threads would be moderated for constructive and informational analysis, insight and feedback.
I feel like this would be both fun and educational for everyone, and it'd be cool to take a more detailed peek at what went down, or explore it from another point of view. Also it'd give people a chance to help each other out and offer constructive feedback for improvement, go through "what if" scenarios, and whatnot.

If it works, we could make a subforum specifically for it and just leave all the analysis threads there for people to review whenever they want and learn from.

Anyway, that's the idea. Let me know what you guys think; if it sounds promising, we can pick some matches from CW and get started this week (wish FR had Youtube videos, but we'd have to get someone to cut them from the stream archive. Or we could take Top 8 matches).

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Astronout vs. Jupiter in Pools (score: 3-2)

Captain Oxygen vs. Sonic Fox in top 8 (Score 3-2)

I also wouldn't mind looking back at my match against sonic fox in winners final of my pool as well. (Score: 3-2)

Cool idea though