What's new

Mr Aquaman (Blood God Kotal Kahn) wins That MKX Weekly #6 by That Game Store

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That MK Weekly presented by That Game Store can be seen every thursday at 6pm at twitch.tv/thatgamestore

Week #6 Results!

1. TGS RM Mr Aquaman (Kotal Kahn - Blood God)
2. Superior magik (Sonya - Covert, Lui kang - dragons fire)
3. TGS Zappa (Reptile - Nimble, Shinnok - Imposter)
4. Yams (Quan Chi - Summoner)
5. Gimpy NS (Cassie Cage - Hollywood, others)
5. GLV Dark Steel (Scorpion - Hellfire)
7. Winback (Johnny Cage - Stunt Dbl)
7. RM Srryimwhte (Reptile - Nimble, SZ - Cryomancer)

9. Vitriqal
9. GKG
9. Welfare
9. Quiet Storm
13. GLV Ice Angel
13. GLV Lion of Leos
13. GLV Roxus
13. Vegeta
17. Cynerninja
17. NEO

Highlights from this week -

No Sidthehaze

Mr Aquaman only used Blood God Kotal Kahn (only dropping 1 game)

Superior Magik continues his good streak of avoiding 3rd place getting second

Zappa coming off his disappointing first weekly does well with a 3rd place showing this week

Newcomer Yams gets out of the hyperbolic timechamber with Quan Chi and vortexs to 4th place, look out for him in the future

Virtiqal falls out of top 8 for the first time

Videos -

Grand Finals

Losers Finals

Winners Finals

Winners Semis

Winners Semis

Losers Semis

Bracket - http://challonge.com/tmt52115

Archive - http://www.twitch.tv/thatgamestore/v/5293329

ThatGameStore.jpg
That Game Store
5278 Fairfield Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5pm-close

@Blackula
@virtiqaL
@K1NGZAPPA
@Srryimwhte
@Saboteur-6
@Superi0rMagik
@vegeta
@Ice Angel
@GLV_GeneralRoxus

virtiqaL

Noob
GGs.

Probably dropping Scorpion, at least for the forseeable future. Getting bored and don't feel like I'm learning anything with a character where I basically just ARISE! and Tele-derp all day. MK9 Scorp felt more my style, meh.

I wish the other 8 local Scorpion mains the best in their future endeavors.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
GGs.

Probably dropping Scorpion, at least for the forseeable future. Getting bored and don't feel like I'm learning anything with a character where I basically just ARISE! and Tele-derp all day. MK9 Scorp felt more my style, meh.

I wish the other 8 local Scorpion mains the best in their future endeavors.
Those other 8 scorpions lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
that's a lot of whiffed punishes on those totem cancels :DOGE

but i guess you won, gj. blood god in the talks for top 5 now

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
that's a lot of whiffed punishes on those totem cancels :DOGE

but i guess i have to hold that, you won. blood god top tier
This is with 0 lab time on them, I just wanted damage. I am sure 114 into them I can still wreck shop. This was testing water. Get someone to poke everytime then next time cancel into sundisc and have a nice day, So many options. his 50-60% is easy as crap for one bar and you can get 45% easy off of any conversion off an antiair or air to air

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This is with 0 lab time on them, I just wanted damage. I am sure 114 into them I can still wreck shop. This was testing water. Get someone to poke everytime then next time cancel into sundisc and have a nice day, So many options. his 50-60% is easy as crap for one bar and you can get 45% easy off of any conversion off an antiair or air to air
i meant they didn't punish you lol, f1b2 on the b122's into totems is something most could full combo off of

you did good though,i won't hate

Ok now u just gotta win with sun god!!

Seriously kotal is nowhere near as bad as ppl seem to think, tbh idk where they got that idea in the first place

Training partner of mine picked up kotal a while ago and damn is he scary lol

I think hes top on normals alone, he's just a scary individual. I may try sun god next lol

I just found some cool corner tech I need to post up as well
No doubt his normals are pretty amazing

Cant wait to see that tech!! I might have to keep it from my friend tho xD jks

You know, these Kotal dudes keep amazing me with every tourney finish from Combo Breaker to that Aquaman finish against Brady (and I thought that Jason was better version of Kotal :confused:). They have earned my respect and have revived my hope for Kotal. What are your opinions on his blood god variation?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I don't believe it. I have it on good authority that blood god kotal is completely useless and can never be used, not even going to watch. Next you'll be telling me some Takeda main made top 8 at a 273 man tournament stacked with killers....

Props to @Mr Aqua for putting blood god on the map. War god will always be the most popular because he's the easiest to pick up. Blood god however relies heavily on fundamentals and just pure damage. He's not for everyone.