What's new

Mothers Day 2013

Noob
I'm doing this early because I anticipate having very little time over the weekend.

First of all, to any of our Moms on here, Happy Mothers day.

For all you fathers, happy Mothers day as well... without them, you wouldn't be enjoying your children.

For everyone:
Take a moment and think about who she really is to you. We take things for granted as kids and as we grow and mature, we realize just how much they did for us because we see how hard it can be to do the same things for ourselves WITHOUT needing to do it for children as well!

To me, the greatest thing you can show your Mom (or parents in general) is that they did a good job...that one day she can look at you and be proud of herself for the job she did.

Just take some time today and show her...even if its as small a gesture as doing the dishes, cooking or doing SOMETHING you normally take for granted that she does...something that you LEARNED from her and can do...something that she can be proud of herself for showing you the way.

So what will you be doing on Mothers Day?

My brother Kombat Nazi and I have a tradition. For 10 years we have played softball and for 10 years, on Mothers Day we do not skip softball. This goes back to when we first started playing and she came to our games. It was funny because she told us not to skip softball because of Mothers Day... she wanted to be out in the sun, see her boys play, and enjoy being at the field. So one year we offered to take the day off of softball and she ABSOLUTELY FORBADE IT. LOL... she said that being at the field with us was like the best of both worlds...it was seeing us when we were kids playing a children's game while at the same time having the ability to be around us as adults whom she was proud of. LOL...she refused to miss it and refused to let us take the day off of playing because she wanted to be out there. We would bring her flowers to the field...it was always fun.

So, Mom has been gone for about 2 1/2 years now..but the tradition remains. On Sunday Rob and I will take the field...and play our asses off. Its what we love to do and what Mom still wants.

Happy Mothers Day.

Noob
I bought my Mom the entire Dark Knight Trilogy on DVD. The fact that I can buy her these sorts of things and know that she will absolutely love it makes me love her immensely.
Awesome... I hope she likes it. Dinner that night too or playing Injustice? LOL

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Here to all moms.

I'm taking mom to the movies, and then she will go out to dinner. Nothing super special, but I hope she likes the day.

I worked at a restaurant the last two mothers days, and its by far the busiest day of the fucking year. Good luck to all who have to work this Sunday! I don't know what exactly I'm going to do this mothers day yet...hmm

Noob
Lunch with her and my Grandparents, who are making homemade chicken & noodles.
Always good stuff...

After softball I am going out to dinner with my Wife and her parents. It's always a good time with them as I have a really great relationship with them.

I$AAC

Noob
Me and my girlfriend are bringing our mothers to a restaurant where I have a big table reserved for both our families. It will be a joyous occasion!