What's new

Mortal Kombat X playable at London MCM Expo: 24-26th October

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Warner Brothers UK have announced that Mortal Kombat X is going to be playable this weekend, at the London Excel Center, MCM expo London comic con!

MCM is the UK's largest comic convention, occuring twice a year, and boasts record breaking attendance year after year, it's attractions span across multiple forms of media, from comics, to film, to cosplay/indy stores, videogames and much more.

This weekend MCM October will have Mortal Kombat X fully playable, it's only other appearance so far in the UK has been at Eurogamer EGX last month, so a lucky second chance to get your hands on this game before release!

No idea what build of the game they are bringing, but it's going to be playable across all three days, I'll be there for a few hours on Sunday and will try to cram in as much as I can! :)

How many of you will be attending with this recent announcement?

Tickets available here: http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/

(That's Ketchup and I cosplaying in the picture, shameless self promotion)

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I Will be there to full cover raiden to answer what everyone wants, specifically:

• If only displacer variation has a teleport
  • If Thunder God has insane chip and high damage combos
  • If displacer has tricky af mixups and pressure
  • If he has a true 50/50 and pressure strings
  • Exactly how many orbs master of storms allows

Last edited:

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Just at work now, will update with more info and details when I get back :D

(hence the crappy rushed thread)

trufenix

bye felicia
Find out anything about D'Vorah. I think we know the least about her. Find out if any of those ridiculously long start up bug throws are unblockable or anything other than entirely useless. Also find out why you would ever want to use scorpions hell ball instead of spear.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Also find out why you would ever want to use scorpions hell ball instead of spear.
Didn't we see it restanding opponent in some early trailer where Scorpion catches Sub's jump with delayed fireball? Spear does that too probably, but it's likely that you can't do that twice per combo with just spear.
Then there's framedata, it's possible that fireball is a safer option or something. But yeah, some confirmation would be what we need.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I will most likely check this out, but I will hold my hands up and admit; don't be surprised if I have nothing not already known to report. It blows my mind how so many guys in the greater FGC find so much tech during pre-release builds. lol.

I'm pretty sure I can answer this much without even trying the build though....
Also find out why you would ever want to use scorpions hell ball instead of spear.
Recovery frames.

trufenix

bye felicia
Any cassie info will be appreciated brothers!

How good are those guns in Hollywood ?

Cheers!
She's got the standing guns in all versions, she only has air guns in hollywood and thus far 3 out of 4 people who've played it have said IAguns is not going to be a significant thing. No low guns at all.

I think the cassie we know the least about at this point is Brawler.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
She's got the standing guns in all versions, she only has air guns in hollywood and thus far 3 out of 4 people who've played it have said IAguns is not going to be a significant thing. No low guns at all.

I think the cassie we know the least about at this point is Brawler.
But if an instant air overhead projectile is in, it gives a Zoner a place to start. Right?

trufenix

bye felicia
But if an instant air overhead projectile is in, it gives a Zoner a place to start. Right?
Well, no report on whether its instant, overhead, or if it even hits mid. But I think if you're looking for a Zoner, Spec Ops Cassie is probably the best. Its got the (possibly unblockable) missiles and what will probably a self buffing or enemy debuffing taunt and still has the grounded guns, getaway backflip and anti air shadow kick.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Well, no report on whether its instant, overhead, or if it even hits mid. But I think if you're looking for a Zoner, Spec Ops Cassie is probably the best. Its got the (possibly unblockable) missiles and what will probably a self buffing or enemy debuffing taunt and still has the grounded guns, getaway backflip and anti air shadow kick.
Huh interesting. I thought the missile was for resets and stuff.

trufenix

bye felicia
Huh interesting. I thought the missile was for resets and stuff.
Well, if you mean unblockable Cyrax style resets (which for the record are just combos) they don't seem to have that much utility. They have hella startup and she doesn't have anything like net or b+1 or MB bomb to set up a trap. They also have a hit box on their way down and it looks like Ferra blocks one at about a 1:35 in this video;

To date, this is about the only footage we've seen of Spec Ops but its enough to see this is the zoner friendly option of the three, unless Brawler has some spectacular projectile we've not seen yet.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Cassie Cage missiles seem to work like unvc3 dr dooms missiles... It interrupts your attacks and leaves you on stagger stage for a full combo lol