What's new

Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition Video Featuring "The Making Of" by Coarse

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm making this in to it's own article since it's all about the Kollector's Edition of Mortal Kombat X. The uniqueness of the Kollector's Edition is that it has been designed by Coarse. In this video you'll learn who Coarse is and what they do. They had the tremendous opportunity to design a Scorpion sculpture that will be including in to Kollector's Edition, but not only that, this respective version of Scorpion will also come as a playable skin of Scorpion.

See video to learn more!

Check out the Mortal Kombat X Editions article here!

Credit: @LaidbackOne

Attachments

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I was hoping for a fight stick including. I need a new one asap. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an MK one prior to launch.

I'm not even a fan of Scorpion but he looks official like that.

Wow! Sucks that it wont have a fight stick. Man idk about this statue/costume, hahaha its ugly. Really the same costume he has but with a lot of black and some gold. I'm so sick of scorpion. Not nearly as much as the mk9 editions.
Bookends, skins, & artbook = Better

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think it's a really cool design and I'd love the statue, but that skin doesn't fit in MKX, in my opinion. Looks very out of place.

Is this the exclusive "gold" skin mentioned in the front page post?

Sami

Noob
The model looks much better when being shown from the front/side rather than the front/back as seen in the images.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I like it. Finally some style.

The whole MKX look has had a new style that I love. More minimalist and high contrast than other MK games. But the in-game graphics haven't really reflected that at all. They have that sort of muddy, standard UE3 look to them.

This character design along with the design for the packaging are a very nice change. I'd love to see these guys design a whole cast of characters and backgrounds. It'd be pretty sharp.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Scorpion here looks like Noob-Scorpion lol. Still, as a sculptor myself I can understand the price. It's hard work, not an easy process. I do sculpts from non-drying clay, though I have done some dried work. When you do something like this often people don't appreciate the work that goes into it, be it clay, wood then drying, sanding then painting it etc.

On a sidenote, if MK wore to ever make a new cartoon series or anime series this Scorp design would be appropriate.

Lastly, haters are going to hate. Most likely don't have any artistic talent and rather sit back and play "judge" SMH...do people have any clue how much work goes into sculpting or any art for that matter?

Last edited:

IceNinja

Assassin
I like their take on Scorpion a lot, all these kollector's editions are awesome. Too bad i can only get the premium edition on pc, owell i guess it's better then nothing.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Scorpion here looks like Noob-Scorpion lol. Still, as a sculptor myself I can understand the price. It's hard work, not an easy process. I do sculpts from non-drying clay, though I have done some dried work. When you do something like this often people don't appreciate the work that goes into it, be it clay, wood then drying, sanding then painting it etc.

On a sidenote, if MK wore to ever make a new cartoon series or anime series this Scorp design would be appropriate.
That's the thing, though; none of the hard work and execution matters if the concept is garbage.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ColdSpine well WB does own both MK and DC...lol

That's the thing, though; none of the hard work and execution matters if the concept is garbage.
Art is subjective and hard work regardless, being 'garbage' or 'a masterpiece' is entirely relative. Still a work of art.

Besides, would bet anything those who hate this costume I doubt can do better...

@DOOMSDAY-15RUS- Yes, the sculpture/figurine is cool, the in game model looks a little odd..

Last edited: