What's new

Mortal Kombat X comic issue # 4 cover art - comic series debuts in January

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It's been two months since the reveal of the Mortal Kombat X comics that will act as a prequel to the game in April 2015. Beginning in January, we will start to learn the new story of how the events of Mortal Kombat X unfold and who dies in every issue. After all, it has been confirmed that every issue will have a fatality.

Today, Ed Boon tweeted the cover art for issue # 4 featuring Kano! Check it out!

kanoissue.jpg

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The fact that this is the vehicle for multiple character deaths has gotten me very unhype.

While "major" character deaths would piss me off, I feel like if they go for some of the unexplored characters they're pretty much burning bridges.

Sonya has a fleshed out history and a legacy, if she dies fan demand could bring her back.

Baraka on the other hand still hasn't gotten a fair shake to get something beyond "The best of a race of goons, stupid sense of loyalty" going and if he gets axed I fear he might be gone long.

Plop

Noob
Haven't enough people paid with their lives already? No more deaths!!!...

(Unless it's someone lame like Forest Fox or whatever)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The fact that this is the vehicle for multiple character deaths has gotten me very unhype.

While "major" character deaths would piss me off, I feel like if they go for some of the unexplored characters they're pretty much burning bridges.

Sonya has a fleshed out history and a legacy, if she dies fan demand could bring her back.

Baraka on the other hand still hasn't gotten a fair shake to get something beyond "The best of a race of goons, stupid sense of loyalty" going and if he gets axed I fear he might be gone long.
Who cares if a jobber dies, besides it's a comic so a retcon can happen when they see fit

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Awesome, I just hope the comic shows all of the favs doing awesome feats, killing people easily with their powers as they should this way in comic battles the dumb elitist comic fans can't say "MK characters are hard to debate due to lack of feats, blah, blah, blah"

As long as the deaths have a good reason I don't care, it's MK people should die brutally no less. Hell I want to see Ermac rip 10 guys apart by just looking at them he can do it why the fuck not go all out with him?! Raiden the same let him fly someone through 4 buildings he's a damn God, then electricute them til they explode!

If I ever got the chance to write an MK comic I'd be doing things like this, and I bet most MK fans would smile :)