What's new

Mortal Kombat X Character Select Screen

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
The correct image.

Top left is Magneto from the latest X-men movie.

Below the lego character is Barack Obama.

Ed Boon's trolling 10/0 match-up.

EDIT: The imagine Johnny San posted is not a joke, he just filled in the silhouettes with what they actually were. None of the blacked out character slots are indicative of possible characters, they're all jokes from promotional art to confuse.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Dont wanna sound, dumb but is that guy between Kotal Kahn and D'vorah, Ermac? ve seen the artwork of Ermac already I just want to know if that is him. B/c Ima main teh fuck outta him.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I really think out of all the characters we will see Raiden he is far too important to not include. I think he ditched the hat however Which will be an interesting redesign. Either that or he is just holding his hat and still has on his Buzz Lightyear head covering being the upper left hand corner.

Mst

Noob
Given that Cassie Cage looks like she is in her early 20's meaning that Johnny And Sonya are old, depending how many yrs past from MK9 and if they are still alive if they follow MK9 story mode. Damn, seems like Sub-Zero doesnt age. And scorpion stays the same since he is a spectre.
Story takes place right after MK9 and over the course of +25 years. She will most likely be part of the later portion of the story.

Spoobs

Noob
I really like the look of this select screen. As people have mentioned, I can't wait to see who has the Freddy-like hat. I think it would be hilarious if it were Quan Chi in a fisherman's hat. Just sayin'.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Good job on keeping the cast size down. There's already 3 versions of each character. If they put 35 characters in the roster, that's over 100 versions, & an insane number of matchups. High number of characters = get blown up by running into a character no one uses.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Havik has to be in this game, since he has cameo in Noob's ending and as far as I know that was the only character in deception that had a cameo.

I really think out of all the characters we will see Raiden he is far too important to not include. I think he ditched the hat however Which will be an interesting redesign. Either that or he is just holding his hat and still has on his Buzz Lightyear head covering being the upper left hand corner.
no hat = no raiden for me