What's new

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter, Teased. We Know.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Well, I can see the pictures they photoshopped from. I have both of these posters hanging in my MK-Lair. It looks cool but it will never happen.

I'd be open to it, too. Even if it had no fatalities and the characters were just SF-ized.

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
This game would be my nightmare. I quit video games, life as a matter a of fact if this crossover is created. Then video games become dull, boring, and stupid.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Heh, Mustard/Ketchup/JuggoRelish, I'll keep my eyes out on SFxT. I was really hyped for this game a year ago, but the rainbow bright hud, the lack of Sak, and those idiotic exclusive characters made me gag. Yea, pretty shallow reasons for pissing on the title, but in today's vast market of fighters, do I really need more reasons than that? But since you're all kick ass FG players, your opinions do hold some weight. On SRK this game is being touted as the funnest title since 3S. I'm a Third Strike fanboy, so if that is indeed true, I may pick this thing up later down the line.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
IF they do this game, I'd say let the MK and the SF characters stay the same. Meaning, the MK characters have 4 buttons and a block button while the SF characters have 6 buttons and back as block. Since they are both 2d, they wouldn't need to change as much as they have to with Tekken.

However, I'd still rather have MK versus KI, but is it likely to be as profitable? I doubt many people even know what KI is outside this site
If the MK characters had a block button crossups wouldn't exist. And SF players wouldn't buy it.

And Noob Saibot no I wouldn't mind if MK had no blood in a crossover game, i didn't like MK vs DC because it wasn't a fun game. If MK vs SF would be ANYTHING like SF x T then i'll gladly play it.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I hope this never happens really. Art styles don't match. I don't want a cartoonish looking scorpion or a Baraka for that matter. Maybe it's just me but i like games that are not only good gameplay wise but visually appealing as well, and i can't see the MK universe in that light. And we all know if it would happen MK would have to go into SF art style not the other way around.

As far as the gameplay goes, dunno if i would like it either, i like crazy damage stupid games lol and the SF series does the complete opposite. I'd miss the fatalities, but i can live without them.

I play MK9 matches with the no blood code and never do fatalities. I'm not 10 anymore, that shit doesn't impress me.
do you do the no blood code to turn off blood, or to get to the next round faster?

or you could be trying to do both i guess, but blood never bothered me. fatalities are a huge part of MK though. even though it wasn't the fatalities that turned me off from MKvDC, but rather the broken shit (fuck flash)

i mean if it's fun (and in the making) i'll buy it, i'm not going to skip out on a game simply because i can't rip ryu's intestines out.. though i would much prefer to.

Slymind

Noob
There is always a way...SF and MK are 2 the most emblematic fighting games ever IMO, a grew up with these games. Aways with the "purists"... make it happen.

ZtrideRz

Noob
If both games make sacrifices it could be great.. let's look at the facts

1. It needs gore
2. It stays 2D
3. It has street fighters hyper combos
4. Personally is say use the mk game engine
5. A better footsie game

Personally I think they could do something with street fighter that's never been done. They make it brutal, blood death moves. Street fighter characters are cool but they'd be cooler if ryu hyudken striped flesh from bone.. My view sounds biased to mk, but my point is street fighter has never been brutalised and gored up and really violent. I honestly believe if they made this game the way I say it could be the best mk or sf ever made.

Brutal
Fast
Sick
Cool
And a general rage between mk and sf filled with gore so we can finally fight the sf pros with our own characters vice versa.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I play MK9 matches with the no blood code and never do fatalities. I'm not 10 anymore, that shit doesn't impress me.
This. Who gives a flying fuck about the shitty fatals in MK9? Some generic decapitation fatality isn't even remotely interesting - hardly any creative thought went into the fatals for MK9.

Should've kept the friendships and brutalities.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
SFxT has SF fighting engine, right? I don't see a true Tekken fan playing this game as another Tekken title. For true Tekken fans SFxT will be a completely new game. Same with MKvsSF, the said game will have to have MK or SF playing engine. As I see it, Capcom always maintained their SF's genuine. As much as one would like, I never see SF being brought in the MK universe (although WB is a big player), while MK chars in SF is more likely. But looking at the bright side, if MKvsSF comes in a SF style, MK will get some popularity in Japan, for example, at least people would want to see the game MK chars came from.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
And to be honest, I don't like them cheesy lines in the end of a match and screaming all round which happen in SF. This is just neurotic.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
SFxT has SF fighting engine, right? I don't see a true Tekken fan playing this game as another Tekken title. For true Tekken fans SFxT will be a completely new game. Same with MKvsSF, the said game will have to have MK or SF playing engine. As I see it, Capcom always maintained their SF's genuine. As much as one would like, I never see SF being brought in the MK universe (although WB is a big player), while MK chars in SF is more likely. But looking at the bright side, if MKvsSF comes in a SF style, MK will get some popularity in Japan, for example, at least people would want to see the game MK chars came from.
I could see SFxMK working. They're both on 2D planes. I mean, they made SFxT work and Tekken has always been on a 3D plane but how well has that worked out for Tekken in all honesty? Not very well in the US. Tekken has a brutal learning curve on top of it all; mastering movement alone takes years. While I respect Tekken as a game it hasn't ever seen massive success in the US and I do not see Tekken ever reaching that point on it's own. It was a smart move by them to partner with Capcom.

MK doesn't have that problem. It sells well, it just doesn't sell to the right people. I'd rather see people who're genuinely interested in competitive play as opposed to some snot nosed 10 year old looking to digitally kill his friend with generic decapitations. The snot nosed 10 year olds would still buy it, anyways. Let's be realistic. MK is household product in the US at this point.