What's new

Mortal Kombat Online Tournament No longer ran by Me ! Starts 9/26. 9:00PM Eastern Time.

why ban kenshi, and not ban kung lao or cyrax... characters who prey on online abuse... with cyrax getting 100% of a jump in and kung lao's general playstyle... these seems more liek anti-zoning instead of anti-online tactics. Sonya, reptile, and kung lao are the biggest lag abusers in my opinion... kenshi is better offline because of reactionary play

@FOREVER EL1TE I love the idea of the tourney and the fact that you guys are offering an awesome prize, HOWEVER I think it's dumb to ban characters that are allowed in all other major tournaments.

It opens up the metaphorical Pandora's box(I.e. "If you ban my character then you have to ban their character cause he's broken too!" Etc. etc.)
I know I know. However im not the host. The guy who's buying the pre order is host. So his rules. I just edit n what not.

why ban kenshi, and not ban kung lao or cyrax... characters who prey on online abuse... with cyrax getting 100% of a jump in and kung lao's general playstyle... these seems more liek anti-zoning instead of anti-online tactics. Sonya, reptile, and kung lao are the biggest lag abusers in my opinion... kenshi is better offline because of reactionary play
The buyer.of the mkx pre order says so because they hate "Zoners"and want more lower tier play.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Ugggh, I want to, but the whole ban thing seems ridiculous to me, and I don't play any of the banned characters.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
@FOREVER EL1TE I love the idea of the tourney and the fact that you guys are offering an awesome prize, HOWEVER I think it's dumb to ban characters that are allowed in all other major tournaments.

It opens up the metaphorical Pandora's box(I.e. "If you ban my character then you have to ban their character cause he's broken too!" Etc. etc.)
This is online, and its not a major. Therefore it isn't subject to the same rules. In my opinion top 5 should be auto banned just so people actually play with other characters in the roster. We all know what an ass beating by Kung Lao, Kabal, Kenshi, and Cyrax look like. Barring Kabal it's pretty easy to win with the other 3*. (If a Kabal player actually whoops your ass they probably deserve it, his execution is pretty intensive)

Last edited:

TKB

Noob
This is online, and its not a major. Therefore it isn't subject to the same rules. In my opinion top 5 should be auto banned just so people actually play with other characters in the roster. We all know what an ass beating by Kung Lao, Kabal, Kenshi, and Cyrax look like. Barring Kabal it's pretty easy to win with the other 4. (If a Kabal player actually whoops your ass they probably deserve it, his execution is pretty intensive)
Don't get me wrong, broken characters are irritating and dominate.

But it's unfair that someone who decided to day 1 main Kabal and doesn't know any other character can't compete because his character is banned. You could argue several additional characters should be banned from the tournament as well. It's like censorship. Where is the line drawn?

Like they say, "let it rock". :)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Don't get me wrong, broken characters are irritating and dominate.

But it's unfair that someone who decided to day 1 main Kabal and doesn't know any other character can't compete because his character is banned. You could argue several additional characters should be banned from the tournament as well. It's like censorship. Where is the line drawn?

Like they say, "let it rock". :)
You can make that same argument for a competitive player in general. They have the entire roster available to them and chose to main a top tier exclusively. Why is that someone else's problem who has a main and secondary or can use a multitude of characters? I mained Harley exclusively for tournaments I attended in Injustice. Where are my concessions for getting my ass beat by higher tier characters? Should I find Ribbz and make him apologize to me for beating me with Killer Frost?

The line should be drawn at the top tier obviously. It would promote diversity among the remaining roster instead of falling back on top tiers. I'm not seeing the problem with the rules. They should be tweaked to include a few more characters you can't use.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
haha tbh i feel like if your gonna ban online warrior top tierness KL probably takes the cake for the scrubbiest online exploit
I honestly could care less if they're all allowed online. I'm a Kabal main for crying out loud, but I'll probably use Cyrax if he's not banned. Otherwise, it's my boy Subzero.