What's new

Mortal Kombat Online sponsoring MK9 Side-Tournament at EVO w/ PDP Sticks!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Although, Mortal Kombat is not in the official line-up for Evolution this year - what is making headlines across the internet is the efforts of @G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut . What started here has turned in to something, becoming huge. Claude Von Stroke and Pig of the Hut have are and have been organizing a Mortal Kombat 9 side-tournament to take place this Saturday night in Vegas.

With a prize pot rising (currently at $1,600 and rising!), website Mortal Kombat Online has also thrown in some love for the weekend competitors!

pdp1.png

"Thanks to a grassroots effort by Pig of the Hut (Pighut) & Claude Von Stroke -- Mortal Kombat (2011) is returning to the Evo World Championships for an unofficial fourth year of tournament action -- this Saturday! [full story]

Mortal Kombat Online is so excited by the event, we're proud to announce our involvement as a sponsor by providing Limited Edition Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Sticks as prizes for both tournament Winner - and the Runner-Up!

These come with special thanks to Performance Designed Products (PDP) -- who provided the prizes in partnership with Mortal Kombat Online! PDP have been official Mortal Kombat fight stick makers since 2011 -- designing the original Tournament Edition Stick especially for the game!
Continue reading!"

Be sure to send Mortal Kombat Online and Performance Designed Products some love for this awesome contribution!

Source: Mortal Kombat Online
Credit: @AK Pig Of The Hut

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It's insane how everyone came together. This community can really achieve great things if we come together. The cash prizes for MK9 is about the same or more than another tournament outside of EVO and MLG. That's kind of a big deal. Just goes to show you how much people love playing and watching MK9 at a high level.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I love this community, what it achieves is awesome :)
I agree completely. I knew about how people like Pig of the Hut were working to get an MK9 tourney going. Granted there was a lot of bickering about paying to watch the stream, but when I saw a news article on IGN about this is blew my mind. It is so amazing what can be done with enough passion and dedication!

Link to the IGN article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/10/mortal-kombat-9-community-tournament-approaches-1600-pot-at-evo-2014?abthid=53beefdb4d22d6ab28000016

Sami

Noob
Current total pot has now passed $2000. Note these are not "official" figures, just ones I've worked out from the main thread:

Pre-registration: 37 people, $370
Community: $1345 via gofundme
FRQ: $100 + $1 per new follower (currently 266) = $366

Total: 370 + 1345 + 366 = $2081, just over two-thirds of the Injustice pot of $3110.

KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY

The CreepFather
Current total pot has now passed $2000. Note these are not "official" figures, just ones I've worked out from the main thread:

Total: 370 + 1345 + 366 = $2081, just over two-thirds of the Injustice pot of $3110.
Follow FRQ on twitter?? Also mad props to claude and pig for setting this up. Can't wait for MK9!!

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai

Im getting hard now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's cool, would be even more interesting if NRS required everyone in the tourney to use that stick!! Having two for tourney play, that would be so cool!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

How awesome would it be if NRS donated another grand or something at the last minute

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Really looking forward to this tomorrow, the support that's been shown is fantastic. One things for sure tomorrow is going to be a long day :)

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
mortal kombatttt lives! let's show them what the mk community is all about! "friendship..friendship? again?" hehehe