What's new

"Mortal Kombat II": An Undeniable Character Ranking

NurzBenny

Old Member
  • Was clicking around Grantland before the Sons of Anarchy premiere like I tend to do from time to time and was SHOCKED to see this article featured.
  • Shea isn't always a favorite writer of mine, but with the 20th anniversary of the home release of MKII approaching, this article brought me RIGHT back to that feeling, which if you were old enough to experience, I'm sure you haven't forgotten, and is partly why you're here reading this now. The story of the old sage player who Flawless'd Shea without trying I'm sure we all have a version of. Can't even say the 90s version of me disagrees with the rankings at all. A GOOD read if you've got a couple minutes to spare.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
This authors rankings appear to be mostly based on moveset, story, and persona. If these are meant to be true rankings based upon level of skill then he would be laughed out of the building.

Jax #12??

Scorpion over Kang??

I think this is based on how popular the characters are for the game. Not who wins most out of a particular fight.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I would agree with this if it's ranking based on popularity of characters.
New people I meet on MKAK MK2 pick Scorpion first about 60% of the time.
Liu is also picked a lot especially by beginners.
Sub = very popular too.
Jax is definitely picked the least.

But like @MKillBill said, if this is supposed to be a ranking of the characters from strongest to weakest, I am LMAO.