What's new

Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice – On the Horizon?

Zmoke

= zσмвιє ѕмσкє, тнє cυяяєηт ѕтαтυѕ σƒ тσм νявα∂αѕѕ
Three years ago, summer 2010, Ed Boon revealed us information about the cancelled game, entitled Fire and Ice, a co-op adventure sequel to Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Shortly after releasing Injustice: Gods Among Us, spring 2013, Edward incubated the idea of expanding Mortal Kombat into other genres – making a reference to MK:SM here again. Now, fall 2013, Ed Boon tweeted about casting HD treatment for MK:SM and setting it for download. Doesn't that all look like building up the hype to you?

Why HD Monks may very well be on the way: 1) Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, exceptionally, is not playable on the Xbox 360 currently, 2) there is a considerable fanbase for the game, 3) enhancing the graphics and making it downloadable takes little effort, 4) the PC port of Mortal Kombat (2011) already panned out profitable, 5) the game has been in the talks on multiple occasions, 6) this all is easy promotion for the sequel, Fire and Ice, 7) now that the Injustice promotion has vanished, it is time to announce the next game and 8) NetherRealm Studios has pointed out that their speciality will be to work on multiple games in parallel.

Remember, Ed Boon is not only a creative director but a prominent producer, a salesperson. Why would he tease with something, Fire and Ice, that wouldn't see the daylight? It is time for the next announcement from NRS, and this is all we have been getting, hence it is fair to guess that this is where we are going at. Good if we are.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Like I said before I'd buy it. I still hoping for that MK4 port though. Then and only then would my life be complete.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
what i want: MKSF remake with MKSM style, then MKF&I.
MKSM was too good ;_;, good gameplay, co-op was fun, awesome music, one of the darkest MK games, and they really did a good job with old MK stages & characters' costumes, unlike overrated MK9.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
I would love HD releases of MKDA, MKD, MKA and MKSM
MK: SM would be great. But HD ports of MK: DA-MK: A would be a waste of time. Those games are flat out terrible. The only good things about them are some of the outfits for classic characters and the Konquest modes. The fighting is awful. The new character designs are garbage... and the story is just... *shudders*.