What's new

Mortal Kombat Cup - UK Tournament series by WBUK and Multiplay

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Calling all UK players!

Warner Brothers UK and Multiplay have joined forces to bring you the Mortal Kombat Cup. A series of 4 live tournaments that will take place post launch. There is money to be made at each event, with each winner qualifying to the top 4 which will be played out in London.

Each qualifier will be hosted by Mustard and myself!

This is an incredible opportunity for anybody living in the UK. All tournaments are free to enter and you can enter as many as you like until you win!

Sign ups are on the website provided: http://cup.mortalkombat.com/uk/events-overview/

Your tournament dates and locations are as follows:

MK CUP - SCOTLAND QUALIFIER
Date: 18th April 2015
City: Glasgow

Description: 1st Qualifying round for UK Mortal Kombat Cup for people in the Scotland area. 32 places (with the ability to burst up to 64 players should there be demand).

Cash prize: £1,000 Prize Pool – Winner gets expenses paid trip to London for the final.

How to register at the event: Registration will be online and manged by Multiplay. Anyone is free to attend as spectator, subject to venue capacity.

MK CUP - NORTHERN QUALIFIER
Date: 2nd May 2015
City: Manchester

Description: 2nd Qualifying round for UK Mortal Kombat Cup for people living in Northern England/North Wales. 32 places (with the ability to burst up to 64 players should there be demand).

Cash prize: £1,000 Prize Pool – Winner gets expenses paid trip to London for the final.

How to register at the event: Registration will be online and managed by Multiplay. Anyone can attend as spectator, subject to capacity.

MK CUP - MIDLANDS QUALIFIER
Date: 16th May 2015
City: Birmingham

Description: 3rd Qualifying round for UK Mortal Kombat Cup for people living in Midlands of England. 32 places (with the ability to burst up to 64 players should there be demand).

Cash prize: £1,000 Prize Pool – Winner also gets expenses paid trip to London for the final.

How to register at the event: Registration will be online and managed by Multiplay. Anyone can attend as spectator, subject to venue capacity.

LONDON QUALIFIER & UK GRAND FINALS
Date: 30th May 2015
City: London
Description: 4th Qualifying round for UK Mortal Kombat Cup for people living in London or those from other parts of the UK who wish to have one last chance to qualify for the final. 64 places (with the ability to burst up to 128 players should there be demand).

FINAL – Immediately following the qualifier, the Grand Finals will take place, involving the winners from all 4 finals.

Cash prize:

Qualifier – £1,000 prize pool.
Final - £4,000 made up of £3,000 first prize. £1,000 Runner-Up Prize

Hoping to see you all at at least one of these. Lets make this happen guys!

-Ketchup and Mustard

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm actually pretty jealous about this. The UK has it pretty sweet going into MKX with offline tournaments and the online qualifiers to boot. Best of luck to all who attend.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Mustard and I hosted the Injustice regional tour in our third year of University, haha!

If you can make it, it'd be great to see you there :)
This is actually during my exam period though haha.
Unfortunately I won't have the game at this point, but will hopefully be able to go to PND Omega's and get some games with him, so yeah depending on the dates of the exams I could potentially make it out to the ones in Manchester or Birmingham, to show support if nothing else.

NKZero

Noob
This is pretty sick actually, I finish exams on the 29th of May haha.

So what a better way to celebrate than to get my guaranteed 3000 pounds after I body bag the whole tournament.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Undeadjim has got this......
Man I'm defiantly going to train as hard as possible now do you proud! Going to try and be at everyone tomorrow I'm going to sort travel etc. So for people travelling from around the Birmingham area get in touch.

Erm btw Ketchup/Mustard if you guys could get in contact and get this rule removed would be great.

Pausing

• Each player has the ability to the pause the game to check control move commands. This is allowed, but cannot be done excessively. Excessive pausing may lead to loss of game.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
If I wasn't way too busy with school I would've considered flying to London to try it out. Maybe next time!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'll be there for all of these except the Glasgow one, looking forward to seeing how the UK scene starts :)

Backfire

Noob
closest one to me is birmingham and im not going to stand a chance if anyone from testyourmight is going.