What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 at EVO 2014 - We say "Thank You" to Perfect Legend, MadCatz and Arturo Sanchez

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Mortal Kombat 9 at EVO 2014 ended a little later than intended. It came down to the Top 4, then with DaddyDab and SonicFox in the Grand Finals. Since Mortal Kombat 9 was not on the official games list this year it was community-ran by @G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut as a side-tournament. With this said, it was MadCatz who allowed @Sabin aka Arturo Sanchez to finish the tournament at their booth.

Needless to say, MadCatz and MarkMan have been major supporters of the fighting game community for many years now and this just goes to show that true support. Thank you, MadCatz! Check this out! (Thanks to Franky Zito on twitter for the pic!)

Another known fact is that this would've not been done if it wasn't for Carl "Perfect Legend" White who got with MadCatz about using their space as well as setting up the Top 4 with Arturo Sanchez! Even though, the two-time Champion wasn't in the finals, @Perfect Legend made sure to take care of the community!

mk9evo14.png

In addition to this, we would also like to thank our Brother in the NetherRealm Studios' community, Arturo Sanchez for streaming (www.twitch.tv/nycfurby) the top 4 for us. Art, we love you!

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
@G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut With this said, it was MadCatz who allowed @Sabin aka Arturo Sanchez to finish the tournament at their booth.

Thank you, MadCatz! (Thanks to Franky Zito on twitter for the pic!)

@Perfect Legend made sure to take care of the community!

In addition to this, we would also like to thank our Brother in the NetherRealm Studios' community, Arturo Sanchez for streaming (www.twitch.tv/nycfurby) the top 4 for us. Art, we love you!
Thank you all, it was a hell of a show to watch as usual, good stuff guys!

So that's why the MK9 finals was at the Madcatz booth. Awesome! At first I thought MK9 being at the Madcatz booth was a hint that Madcatz were making an MKX stick when the game is released ( still hoping that's the case ;) )

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Woah... I never knew Dab's hair was so slick when it's longer... I suppose it takes after PL's tourney organization skills.

Frantastic23

Best 3rd Strike Player on TYM.
Good Stuff to all involved in making this happen. Even if your game is a side tournament it should still deserve some respect and quality good shit on keeping it together guys!:D

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
wow this thread is a blowup, pig and claude given no props by storms in main title, and this would NOT have happened without them, PERIOD, wtf

This is a blowup to people trying in this community