What's new

Montreal Mayhem #8: AHAHAHAHAHA! KRYS wins IGAU!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #8

It was a rough week for Montreal Mayhem, we had a lot of people not able to make it. @Ecodus is taking some time off, @xQUANTUMx and @rehti were unavailable, @C-Sword and @Icepick were off at Montreal Comic-Con collecting 'data', @Darkbloom was bogged down with school work and we don't really know what happened to @T.roll but we're pretty sure it was just his -DESTINY- to miss this week.

Injustice
Due to low numbers we did a round robin tournament for just Injustice.

@Mortal Komhat showed some great improvement even if he did come in last, he was able to take games and had an impressive comeback showing that he is starting to get a better hang of the game. Score: 0 - 4

@Chuckychuck was only able to win the set versus Hatman but all the other sets he had were real close (except for the Wowo matchup but, that was alleviated in casuals later). Still a very solid showing even if the record doesn't show it. Score: 1 - 3

@CanadianBaconX had mixed results beating Chuck and Hatman but, wasn't able to pulll out victories againt KRYS (0 - 3) and Hard_Goodbye (1 - 3). Perhaps he needs to play on the pig stage in every match for maximun bacon effect. Score: 2 - 2

@hard_goodbye did really well this week. Taking second week and getting over his Deathstroke curse by beating (and poping off) on Chuck. With time I'm not sure what this evil genius might be able to do. Score: 3 - 1

@KRYS9984 didn't lose a match, took the Round Robin and another Montreal Mayhem. He had a close call with Chuck but, for the most part got through this rather easily. Score: 4 - 0

1) KRYS (Batman) [5 Points]
2) Hard_Goodbye (Catwoman) [2 Points]
3) Bacon (Wonderwoman) [1 Points]
4) Chuckychuck (Deathstroke)
5) Hatman (Shazam)

http://challonge.com/mm8igau

Mortal Kombat
No tournament for MK this week.

King of Fighters XIII
Same for KoF.

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Krys [37 Points]
Ecodus [34 Points]
Bacon [21 Points]
Quantum [20 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [9 Points]
T.Roll [8 Points]
DarkBloom [7 Points]
Chuck [7 Point]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Chuck [19 Points]
T.Roll [17 Points]
Krys [17 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
Bacon [7 Points]
Jer [6 Points]
C-Sword [1 Point]

KoF Totals:
Bacon [4 Points]
Troll [1 Point]

Conclusion
Hopefully next week is better... Just seemed like a lot was going on which prevented everyone from coming out.

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

@AK RM Blake

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Will be missing next week also. Next MM is the end of season 1 right?

Giving ranbat points for a round robin? Tisktisk

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
I like how a small scene in Canada has two Catwomen.
Ecodus and Hard_Goodbye are loyal Meow Mixers, then there is Pesto who has been showing up recently but plays both Doomsday and Catwoman back and forth. Then there is T.Roll who PLAYED Catwoman for a bit but, he uses Martian now. Deep down everyone in Montreal wants to be a Catwoman player :p

KRYS9984

Noob
I like how a small scene in Canada has two Catwomen.
They would do you proud methinks
I agree with Quantum, our Catwoman mains are very good and constantly levelling up.

You should have seen @hard_goodbye 's real master comeback this week (it was actually against me).

I clashed early in round 3, he had -10% life, I had at least a 65% - 70% lead and didn't expect what was going to happen next.

He made an excellent read on a jump in and that was the match; I ate the combo followed by the oki and dats it! Very well played.

GGs guys, hopefully there will be a bigger turn-out this Sunday.

If we don't have a stream set-up available, I'm going to bring my camera to at least have the matches recorded.

KRYS9984

Noob
Will be missing next week also. Next MM is the end of season 1 right?

Giving ranbat points for a round robin? Tisktisk
Not this week, it's the following week which would be Montreal Mayhem #10.

Great write up @CanadianBaconX , the title is perfect and really captures the essence of hard_goodbye's pop-off.

Last edited:
Hope there s more guys this week, really enjoyed the fact that we got to play each other tough. I really liked the format.
And as always great write up father, always makes the sundays shenanigans sound epic.