What's new

Montreal Mayhem #7: Batman and round Robins! KRYS wins IGAU & MK!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #7

Another great week for Montreal Mayhem, this time however we were short two catwomen as both @hard_goodbye and @Ecodus were pulled away by personal obligations. Also the person in charage of our stream didn't end up showing up either. Which is unfortunate but, it's all fine as we did had another 9 man tournament.

Injustice
Due to the odd number, the first round was only one match which was @CanadianBaconX versus @xQUANTUMx which was an interesting match as Quantum pulled out a new character... AQUAMAAAAAAAAAN!!! However, not to be scared off his fraudulent game plan of Jump Ins and B2s, taking the set 3 - 0.

Bacon then moved on to face @Mortal Komhat 's Shazam for the first time in tournament. Hatman's anti-WoWo tech wasn't able to show as rust took over and caused him to drop his inputs allowing for another 3 - 0 for Bacon. @rehti and PestoSwami had a close match where Rehti's Joker took an early 2 - 0 lead against Pesto's Doomsday, however the switch to Montreal's favourite Injustice character, Catwoman caused trouble for Rehti as Pesto brought it all the way back with a 3 - 2 win. @KRYS9984 and @T.roll had a quick match where KRYS' impressive Batman took it 3 - 0. Then in the last match of the kinda first round, we had a rematch from last week with Chuck and Darkbloom faced off in another close 3 - 2 match that Chuck took with his guns.

In Winner's Bacon and Pesto faced off. Sadly Pesto's limited Wonder Woman experience allowed for Bacon to take a quick 3 - 0 abusing all of the Wake Up spins in the world. Krys then faced Chuckychuck and took another 3 - 0. Which is what he did again in Winner's Finals against Bacon's Wowo.

For the Loser's bracket Rehti was the first to fall to Quantum and the King of Atlantis 3 - 1. Quantum then moved on to take out Hatman with a 3 - 0, starting to warm up with Aquaman. Darkbloom was next to be eliminated as Troll's Martian was able to handle both Bane and Deathstroke.

Next up Quantum's Aquaman practice helped him greatly against Chuck's Deathstroke as he was able to pull a come back 3 - 2 victory, that resulted in a Watery Pop Off. Troll then took out Pesto with more MMH shenanigans 3 - 1. Then in a match that happens every week almost, Troll and Quantum faced off. Sadly the King of Atlantis met his match with the big green bald alien and his stretch arms, once again 3 - 1.

Losers Finals was Bacon and Troll, which started off with WoWo taking an early 2 - 0 but, then... Troll's Martian fired up and started to really shut down Bacon. taking two games and putting Bacon down to about 20% health left. Despite Bacon's clear frustration with dealing with MMH. He landed one jump in with WoWo into a transition, then another to take another 40 into an intractable for a fraudulent win to take a 3 - 2.

Grand Finals was a repeat of Winner's Finals, as KRYS once again showed his dominance of the Montreal scene stopping Bacon's WoWo in her tracks with the impenetrable Bat Cone defence, winning the set and the tournament with a 3 - 0.

1) KRYS (Batman) [9 Points]
2) Bacon (Wonder Woman) [6 Points]
3) Troll (Harley, Martian Manhunter) [3 Points]
4) Quantum (Aquaman) [1 Point]
5) PestoSwami (Doomsday, Catwoman)
5) Chuckychuck (Deathstroke)
7) Hatman (Shazam)
7) DarkBloom (Bane, Deathstroke)
9) Rehti (Joker)

Mortal Kombat
A Round Robin tournament was the only thing to make sense as there was only 4 people left after Injustice was done. KRYS once again took the game undefeated, as Troll's Kabal did well against everyone else. Then Chuck beat Bacon with Baraka and that was pretty much MK.

1) KRYS (Ermac, Mileena, Cyrax) [4 Points]
2) Troll (Kabal, Cage) [1 Point]
3) Chuckychuck (Sonya, Liu Kang, Baraka)
4) Bacon (Sindel, Kano)

King of Fighters XIII
We actually tried to start something with KoF this week, another Round Robin tournament just to get our feet wet with how this game functions. Unfortunately, since Bacon was the only one who has actually had time with this game. He kind of breezed through most of the matches.

Troll showed that he is catching on quickly and is getting much better with his Athen-waifu. Chuck's Yuri and Andy were rather impressive despite his limited time with the game. KRYS was too busy bodying us in the rest of the games to have learned how to do it in this one.

1) Bacon (Mai, Terry, Ralf) [4 Points]
2) Troll (Joe, Benimaru, Athena) [1 Point]
3) Chuckychuck (Yuri, Kyo, Andy)
4) KRYS (Terry, K' , Shen)

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Ecodus [34 Points]
Krys [32 Points]
Bacon [20 Points]
Quantum [20 Points]
T.Roll [8 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [7 Points]
DarkBloom [7 Points]
Chuck [7 Point]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Chuck [19 Points]
T.Roll [17 Points]
Krys [17 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
Bacon [7 Points]
Jer [6 Points]
C-Sword [1 Point]

KoF Totals:
Bacon [4 Points]
Troll [1 Point]

Conclusion
Hopefully we get a stream next week and everyone can show up, cause I'm sure we can get a big number if everyone is free to show up.

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

@AK RM Blake

Last edited by a moderator:

KRYS9984

Noob
Yesterday was a pretty good turnout but unfortunately, we didn't have the opportunity to stream any matches.

My "Franken-pad" worked out pretty but I'll have to pick up a new one asap; I'll also be looking in to PS / XBOX converters.

As for KOF, it should be re-named Krys Obviously Free because I had no idea what was going on! I spent most of my matches taking damage trying to figure out special attacks.....lol.

Good games everyone, looking forward to the next one.

@CanadianBaconX great write-up as always.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
The choke is too real in my vs. Bacon match.

I'd prepared a nifty little throw thing that allowed me to react to anything that he tossed out, and I couldn't even execute it (to be fair it's medium execution requirement - if you whiff it, Linda Carter Spin hits you or you're vulnerable to teleport punish.)

Still, GGs everyone. Gotta work hard if I want to get up on the scoreboard one day.