What's new

Montreal Mayhem #6: We got Guns and Meow Mix! Ecodus wins IGAU!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #6

This week was a great week, we had 9 people in the RanBat despite the fact @T.roll was down with the sickness, @KRYS9984 had unexpected business to attended to and @CanadianBaconX derped so hard that he forgot to put himself in his own tournament bracket.

To make up for these drop we had some new guys show up in the form of Vipper and PestoSwami, and the return of our resident Joker player @rehti made his return as well rounding out the rest of the tournament.

Injustice
The early rounds of the RanBat was basically the new guys settling in and facing some regulars. PestoSwami got 3 - 0'd by @xQUANTUMx and Vipper got 3-0'd by @Chuckychuck

The other early matches had rehti and Quantum face (Quantum and Swami were in an early bracket due to 9 being an odd number) where Quantum won again this time 3 - 1. @Mortal Komhat got 3-0'd by @Ecodus and in the closest match of the early rounds @Darkbloom squeaked past @hard_goodbye 3 - 2.

The winner's bracket from then on was all about knocking Deathstroke players into losers as Quantum took down Chuck 3 - 1 and Ecodus did the same to Darkbloom with another 3 - 1. Then in winners finals Superman and Catwoman faced off in a close set where Ecodus was able to claw his way past the Man of Steel taking the set 3 - 2.

In losers we actually got to see the new guys face off against each other, however since Vipper doesn't actually play this game, he was easy prey to PestoSwami's Doomsday giving him a 3 - 0. Pesto sadly didn't get much further as Rehti was able to put a stop to him with a 3 - 0 of his own. At the time Hard_Goodbye tried to bounce back from his lost by taking down Hatman's Shazam with a 3 - 0.

Unfortunately both Hard_Goodbye and Rehti didn't make it much further as they both got taken out by the Deathstroke duo of Chuckychuck and Darkbloom, both sets were 3 - 0. It seemed that it was going to be a Deathstroke mirror to see who made it into losers finals however, Darkbloom decided that that was going to be WAY too many guns and went Bane instead. Which seems to have been a mistake as Chuck was able to take the set 3 - 1 to move on to face Quantum in Losers finals.

Quantum had trouble with Deathstroke last week but this week he was able to conquer the guns twice as he was able to beat Chuck again with a close 3 - 2 win.

Grand Finals had the rematch of Winners Finals. Lasers versus claws. However much like Winners Finals Ecodus was the one who came out of top as he was able to fend off Quantum to return to the top of the Injustice hill in Montreal with a 3 - 1.
1) Ecodus (Catwoman) [9 Points]
2) Quantum (Superman) [6 Points]
3) Chuck (Deathstroke) [3 Point]
4) DarkBloom (Deathstroke, Bane) [1 Point]
5) Rehti (Joker)
5) Hard_Goodbye (Catwoman)
7) Hatman (Shazam)
7) PestoSwami (Catwoman, Doomsday)
9) Vipper (Nightwing, Joker, Hawkgirl)

Mortal Kombat
No MK this week again, everyone left early leaving little interest for the MK tournament.

King of Fighters XIII
More casuals... Nothing serious starting yet for this game.

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Ecodus [34 Points]
Krys [23 Points]
Quantum [19 Points]
Bacon [14 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [7 Points]
DarkBloom [7 Points]
Chuck [7 Point]
T.Roll [5 Points]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Chuck [19 Points]
T.Roll [16 Points]
Krys [13 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
Bacon [7 Points]
Jer [6 Points]
C-Sword [1 Point]

Conclusion
No advertising this week cause I wasn't sure we were going to have a stream or not until last second haha. Also I promise next week to not forget myself from my own bracket! Hopefully if everyone shows from this week again, we can have a real big one next week.

If you'd like to catch the archived we have it on a Montreal Mayhem youtube channel, however they are all bunched together and not properly labelled or explained. I planned on doing something to fix that but, it looked horrible! Either way check out the playlist here.

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

@AK RM Blake

Last edited by a moderator:

KRYS9984

Noob
Sorry about not making it last week guys. :oops:

I did however watch the stream archive and there were some great matches played.

Congratulations @xQUANTUMx and @Ecodus for making it to Grand Finals (and Ecodus ultimately coming out on top).

Good stuff everyone and as always, great write up @CanadianBaconX.