What's new

Montreal Mayhem #4: Don't Condition... Shampoo Him! KRYS wins IGAU and MK9!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #4
This week was an interesting week for us. We got our self a stream set up, which is great. Sure it's in very infant stages but, the fact that it was there this week shows we're actually levelling up. So shout outs to @C-Sword for running the stream, shout outs to everyone else who was able to make it... And shout outs to the 10 viewer we had for a work in progress stream. Really appreciate it.

Much like last week we had a good group of guys MIA due to not being in the area or at Heavy MTL, though these things can only keep these people away for so long before we start really filling up this weekly.

Injustice
So the first round of Injustice didn't have much in terms of surprises... @Ecodus took out @CanadianBaconX with a clean 3 - 0, @KRYS9984 took down the improving Shazam @Mortal Komhat with a 3 - 0 and C-Sword entered his first Injustice RanBat losing to @hard_goodbye in another 3 - 0. The only match that didn't got 3 - 0 was @xQUANTUMx against @Chuckychuck. Chuck had brought his Deathstroke to the table to tackle the Kryptonian Laser Show and despite losing the first match and Superman's apparent invulnerability to bullets, Chuck was able to persevere and bring it back with a 3 - 1.

The winners bracket continued this event's trend of 3 - 0s as Ecodus and Krys were both able to take down Chuck and Goodbye respectfully before facing each other in Winner's Finals where Krys got a 3 - 0 on Ecodus.

On the loser's side Quantum's bad luck continued as he got 3 - 1'd again this time against Bacon. On the other side of things Hatman got his first win beating C-Sword 3 - 0. Hatman's run didn't last long as Chuck came in guns-a-blazing taking our resident Shazam player out of the tournament with another 3 - 0. Bacon and Goodbye playing each other and in typical fashion with these two the match was close and came down to the last game where Bacon once again asserted himself as "Father" taking the set 3 - 2. After this it came down to a match between Tiara and Guns to see who would make it to loser's finals. It was a close set, however Chuck's ability to only anti-air with D2 when it looks like he should have missed unfortunately hindered his ability to win the match, allowing Bacon to take it 3 - 1.

Loser's Finals wasn't much of a surprise as Ecodus got to win 3 more matches against Bacon for free to send him into Grand Finals where Krys was able to win 3 more matches straight against Ecodus to take the RanBat.

Results:
1) Krys (Batman) [8 Points]
2) Ecodus (Catwoman) [5 Points]
3) Bacon (Wonderwoman) [2 Points]
4) Chuck (Deathstroke) [1 Point]
5) Hard Goodbye (Catwoman)
5) Hatman (Shazam)
7) Quantum (Superman)
7) C-Sword (Batman)

Mortal Kombat
MK only had a full 8 people this time around, since @T.roll finally showed up too late for Injustice but he was able to make it in time to get #AmazonianRigged into a bs situation... That I am 4000% sorry about... But more on that at eleven.

The first round was interesting, Troll picked Sheeva to take down Ecodus. C-Sword got revenge for his lose in Injustice with a win in this game over Hatman. Krys was able to put Hard Goodbye into losers. The only match of this that wasn't a 2 - 0 was between Bacon and Chuck, which went the full three games having Chuck just skim by 2 - 1.

It was in Winners where TO Bacon screwed up. After T.Roll won against C-Sword 2 - 1, he for some inexplicable reason (seriously I don't know why I did that :( ) advanced C-Sword and not T.Roll. Thus causing many matches to happen that shouldn't have happened. Despite all this T.Roll won all of the matches he didn't actually have to do, he beat Bacon and Chuck. When we got to Loser's Finals we realized the mistake and did the best to fix it. What ended up being Grand Finals was T.Roll and Krys since at that point everyone had been eliminated while those two hadn't lost a match yet.

We decided to just do one set to decide a winner, which Krys took 3 - 0.

Results:
1) Krys (Mileena, Cyrax) [8 Points]
2) T.Roll (Sheeva, Cage, Kabal, Jax) [5 Points]
3) Chuck (Liu Kang) [2 Points]
4) C-Sword (Smoke, Cyrax, Sonya) [1 Point]
5) Ecodus (Kitana)
5) Bacon (Sindel, Kano)
7) Hatman (Shang Tsung)
7) Hard Goodbye (Cage)

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Ecodus [25 Points]
Krys [16 Points]
Quantum [13 Points]
Bacon [11 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [7 Points]
DarkBloom [6 Points]
T.Roll [5 Points]
Chuck [3 Point]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Chuck [19 Points]
T.Roll [16 Points]
Krys [13 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
Bacon [7 Points]
Jer [6 Points]
C-Sword [1 Point]

Conclusion
There are a lot of things I feel like I should apologize for, one being the screw up with T.Roll, which made me feel really bad that I goof'd that up so hard. Also I'm sorry this took so long, unfortunate things made it difficult for me to work on this. Next week I promise to be a better organizer.

As for the stream, I remember the C-Sword was a maybe for next week but, Jer was on board and ready to stream. If he's still up to it, I'm sure we'll be able to improve this time as we'll be more prepared...

If you'd like to catch the archived we have it on a Montreal Mayhem youtube channel, however they are all bunched together and not properly labelled or explained. I planned on doing something to fix that but, then things got in the way. Either way check out the playlist here.

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

Last edited:

CanadianBaconX

I didnt even know this was happening! no @Jer or @zaf ??
Jer was at Heavy MTL so he couldn't make it for this one but, next one he should be there! Zaf isn't even in the country right now if I remember correctly haha

Krys is great. good job, man. hope you guys can post some matches to youtube.
We do... It's in the playlist I posted in the write up... Only problem is that it's a jumbled mess and you'll have no idea who is who since as I said our stream was really a test if it was possible and we didn't even have overlays set up or anything. I might still go in and change all that but, I dunno if there is a point by now.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'm proud of the fact that our scene literally just rose from the ashes. Mad props to everyone since it's everyone that makes it happen. The stream issues will get fixed with time. I'm confident everything from players to stream quality will get better and better every week

KRYS9984

Noob
KRYS is the best Batman you've never heard of.
Ocirx and Krys are both damned insane.
Krys is great. good job, man. hope you guys can post some matches to youtube.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

This week was a good turnout and even though the stream was very basic, at least we had it up and running thanks to @C-Sword.

Previous Montreal Mayhem results can be seen at the following links (thanks @CanadianBaconX for the write ups).

MM #1 - http://testyourmight.com/threads/montreal-mayhem-1-a-new-beginning-three-weeks-later.44753/

MM #2 - http://testyourmight.com/threads/montreal-mayhem-2-3-men-3-tournaments-1-bacon.45064/

MM #3 - http://testyourmight.com/threads/montreal-mayhem-3-only-a-real-master.45212/

As previously mentioned, if you're interested in tuning into the next stream, follow Montreal Mayhem on twitchtv. We usually get together on Sundays and begin Ranbats around 6:00 pm.

http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem

Also, you can visit / subscribe to Montreal Mayhem on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvk5KjfWGcH42FJjcy01UXA

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Something I noticed in my match vs. Krys I'm gonna have to work on. Hopefully I have time to work on it this week.

FYI it's the b2 fj.2 crossup set-up. Wondering if I can do anything. Feels I could sneak in a d2.

KRYS9984

Noob
Something I noticed in my match vs. Krys I'm gonna have to work on. Hopefully I have time to work on it this week.

FYI it's the b2 fj.2 crossup set-up. Wondering if I can do anything. Feels I could sneak in a d2.
Raw B2 on block is -9 so you can actually counter any follow-up attacks (if done quick enough).

B2 ~ trait cancel is about -2 / -3 so an uppercut would beat a jump or any follow-up (any string starting with 1 since it's a high, B1, B2,3, throw, etc.....). You just have to anticipate / react to it.

Your uppercut is also quite safe on block so there is no downside to throwing it out. D1 is another excellent tool because it very fast and grants you advantage on block / hit.

My best advice is to take Batman into practice mode and get familiar with his frame data and what he / you can do after certain attacks are blocked. Just set the AI on Record and have him do all those options.

I'll also go through a few things with you the next time we meet up.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Great job to the Montreal scene! I was wondering how these points add up as I can't figure out any combinations of placings to see that Ecodus got 25 points in 4 weeklies.

Last edited:

CanadianBaconX

Great job to the Montreal scene! I was wondering how these points add up as I can't figure out any combinations of placings to see that Ecodus got 25 points in 4 weeklies.
There were two weeklies we ran before getting the Montreal Mayhem name and before I starting putting write ups in the aftermath forum.

Points start as high as the number of people who showed. That way you don't get the same points for winning a 10 man tournament as you would a 3 man one. Then I trickle down (usually by like 3) until reaching 1.

Ecodus:
Week 1: Wasn't there. 0
Week 2: 9 man tourney. 9
Week 3/MM1: 9 man tourney. 18
Week 4/MM2: wasn't there. 18
Week 5/MM3: 8 man tourney but got 3rd so +2. 20
Week 6/MM4: 8 man tourney but got 2nd so +5. 25