What's new

Montreal Mayhem #2: 3 Men, 3 Tournaments, 1 Bacon!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #2
Sadly last week we were unable to hold our weekly Montreal Mayhem Ranking Battles due to our usual venue Foonzo being closes for renovations. However this week we were ready to come in strong and get things back on track... Was what I was hoping for... What we got was a lot of people getting pulled away by personal problems and obligations.

Real life can suck but, it defiantly should always take top priority so, despite the mass amount of absent players this week, the RanBats still ran because, I know from personal experience that if we put something like this off for two weeks in a row... People will lose interest and the scene will die. It happened before and I really don't want it to happen again.

This leaves us with this week's Mayhem which was basically just @CanadianBaconX, @T.roll and @Chuckychuck doing a 3 man RanBat for each game. However since we thought a normal double elimination tournament wouldn't really be suited for a 3 man brawl. We have a special once only Round Robin night where all 3 players would play sets against each other and the one with the most wins at the end was the RanBat winner.
All 3 tournaments were done in that style... Yes you read that right... 3 tournaments ;)

Before I move on to things, I gotta give shoutouts to @C-Sword for showing up for a little bit and getting some MK in. Was a lot of fun, and hopefully you can stay longer next week. Now... Onto the results!

Injustice

The first match up in Injustice was Bacon vs Charlie, in a Wonder Woman vs Nightwing stance trait switch off. This would normally be a fun match to watch but, Charlie was subject to a worse handicap then the wrist brace he's already wearing. He had to use... The XBOX 360 d-pad! Due to a lack of equipment other people usually bring, he was forced to fall back onto one of Bacon's grease filled 360 controllers.

With Charlie screaming out "How are you hitting me if I'm holding down!" and "NIIIIIIIIGHTWING!" when ever he was his by an interactable, Bacon slipped away with a 3 - 0 taking a commanding lead in the Round Robin.

Next Bacon had to take on T.Roll's Martian Manhunter. It didn't take long for Bacon use his ability to jump around like a moron to his advantage, pushing T.Roll to his limits taking the first 2 games. MMH wasn't interested in being swept out just yet as he did his best to bring the set back taking a game where after hitting a bunch of great set ups in quick succession. Even Bacon stopped after watching a whole life bar disappear into nothing and said "I ain't even made, that shit was awesome!"
Unfortunately, that one win was all T.Roll was able to muster as he loses to Bacon 3 -1.

At this point Bacon has already been crowned the Injustice champion however, the second place spot needed to be decided. For this T.Roll and Charlie faced off in a Nightwing vs MMH match that Charlie was able to power through the horrible D-pad and actually win. T.Roll saw Charlie's struggles with control and decided that the best course of action was to switch a character that needed less execution and through processes then MMH. He released... The Dumbsday. With T.Roll's brain levels in the negatives he was much more capable in fighting off Nightwing cleaning up the remained of the set and second place with a 3 - 1.

1. Bacon (Wonder Woman) [3 Points]
2. T.Roll (Martian Manhunter, Doomsday) [2 Points]
3. Charlie (Nightwing) [1 Point]

Mortal Kombat
MK started with Charlie versus T.Roll. Charlie tried to use Reptile but, once again he was unable to adapt to the controller as T.Roll's Kabal was able to take a clean 2 - 0.

Next we have T.Roll going against Bacon. Feeling that he wasn't quite ready to use Sektor or Kung Lao at his current state, Bacon decided to do something he swore he was never going to do every again... He picked Sindel.

Now these two had played Cage versus Sindel many times before, so Bacon being the scum bag that he is, did the one thing that he could have done to win this set. Psychological Warfare! The moment the two got ready to play he turned to T.Roll and said "Looks like you're finally going to win an MK RanBat man!" Then when the match started Bacon took the upper hand and closed it out with a random dash up X-Ray, he turned to T.Roll and said "Don't worry man, it's just Data!"

By the end of the second match it was clear that T.Roll was feeling down about all of this as he ate 8 fireballs after a blocked 4,4 in a row to give Bacon as 2 - 0.

At this point, no winner was set in stone. In fact coming into the Charlie versus Bacon set. If Charlie were to go 2 - 0, then that would mean that it be a three way draw. Charlie deteminded to get this result, looked at the character select screen and uttered "Which character can a 2 - 0 Sindel with?"
It did not take him very long to settle on a character... Mileena!

It was clear Bacon was not happy with the character choice, he was also clearly not ready for the match up. Charlie's random dive kicks and constant jumping proved to be a hassle for Sindel poor buttons, giving Charlie a lead in the set. Perhaps the match up was really that bad for Sindel or maybe Bacon was having war flashbacks of him getting bodied multiple times before by @Jer.

What ever it was, he was able to shake it off as Bacon did much better in the next game. Uppercutting bad jump ins, some what punishing telekicks and throwing out less fireballs. In the end, Bacon was able to settle down and take out Charlie's random Mileena, taking the set and first place in the MK RanBats with a 2 - 1.

1. Bacon (Sindel) [3 Points]
2. T.Roll (Kabal, Johnny Cage) [2 Points]
3. Charlie (Reptile, Mileena) [1 Point]

Third Game
What is this... Third Game? Well after a long casual session, everyone was about to pack it up when Bacon looked at the games that one of the venue consoles had. He only opened the games section for about 2 seconds when he saw something that gave him a glimmer in his eye...

Mortal Kombat vs DC

That's right, MK vs DC was actually played in the RanBat this week... Kinda awkwardly amazing. I doubt it will stick around but, who knows maybe it'll be that perfect third game that will bridge the two and let us cool off a long tournament filled night.

Getting things started we had Bacon and T.Roll start it off with a Jax versus Kitana match. Bacon quickly showed that he remembered the core mechanics of the game by teching throws and using Rage. Both players just flailed around for the majority of the match Bacon was able to beat Kitana. T.Roll then picked Baraka... More flailing happened and Jax won again. Up came Batman for T.Roll... There was much flailing... Jax hit a jip, jip, jip combo and then won taking the set 3 - 0.

Charlie picked this game up for the very first time and picked Sub-Zero, only to realize he has no idea how this random game works losing to T.Roll's Joker in the first game of their set. Looking through the roster he stumbled upon Lex Luthor. The second match was more back and forth until, Charlie found... The ROCKET BOOTS! This frames missing kick special moved propelled Charlie forward kicking away T.Roll Joker twice and then Batman taking the set 3 - 1.

Now with the Bacon vs Charlie match, Charlie stuck with Lex because in Rocket Boots we trust. Bacon moved away from Jax and picked Wonder Woman instead. It didn't take long for Bacon to find the Kung Lao like spin WoWo had... And abused the hell out of it! Especially when he found the combo of 2,2 xx spin 2,2,2. Spinning and slap handing his way to victory, taking MK vs DC as well was Bacon with a 3 - 0.

1. Bacon (Jax, Wonder Woman) [3 Points]
2. Charlie (Sub-Zero, Lex Luthor) [2 Points]
3. T.Roll (Kitana, Baraka, Batman, Joker) [1 Point]

Totals
Injustice Totals:
Ecodus [18 Points]
Bacon [9 Points]

Quantum [8 Points]
DarkBloom [6 Points]
Hard_Goodbye [6 Points]
T.Roll [5 Points]
Charlie [2 Point]

Motal Kombat Totals:
Charlie [14 Points]
T.Roll [10 Points]
Zaf [8 Points]
Bacon [7 Points]
Jer [6 Points]

MK vs DC Totals:
Bacon [3 Points]
Charlie [2 Points]
T.Roll [1 Point]

Conclusion
While we had a very... VERY low turnout, I'm expected next week to be much better. That week off due to renovations KILLED all momentum we had for this scene and that really sucked. Hopefully this was able to show everyone that the RanBats go on. Whether we're 5, 15 or 1 they will happen! (except if there is just 1 :l )

As for the MK vs DC thing... That was just for fun and probably won't stick around, unless people want to play it then maybe we'll have something different to play... Until people realize how to actually play the game and we all end up hating it haha!

Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. If you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Awesome write up. Bacon doing work!!!!

I missed being there this weekend, I might even of gotten a MK ranbat point...

Unfortunately I'm probably going to miss yet again next Sunday. I have to be in Ottawa for a family event.