What's new

Montreal Mayhem #15: I AM THE NIGHT! KRYS wins IGAU!

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
Montreal Mayhem #15

Season II

"I come, I win but then I drink... Now I just wanna play BARAKA!" - Chuckish Proverb

A lot of things didn't go too well this week. Troubles recording and general slowness cause Injustice to take MUCH longer then it normally does. Sadly causing MK to be skipped even though @IFEELYOURHATRED and @Wind Masta came out after a few weeks of absence to play. Luckily they got a lot of games in while waiting so it was hopefully not a waste.

Then when we did get everything done, Youtube went ham, banning our videos in MULTIPLE countries because of the Bar Music in the background. This means a lot of the videos we'll post from this event will be missing audio, in addition to some bits of the matches missing due to errors while recording. This all really sucked because we had some great matches this week and it's a shame it had to go down like this.

In better news we had two new guys show up for the first time, Seb and Steve are both new to the competitive scene but showed great interest in playing the game. At the moment neither have a TYM account but, I will be trying to coerce them soon.

Injustice
Now onto the action we start things off with the two new guys facing off to even out this awkward 9-man bracket. In a really close match filled with close range low guns and shackles xx boulder. Seb's Sinestro was able to squeeze out a victory in his first ever Montreal Mayhem weekly with a 3 - 2 just edging out Steve's hour 1 Deathstroke.

With that match out of the way we moved onto the next part of the bracket where things really began to pick up. @Darkbloom sent newcomer Seb into losers with his surprise Superman pick 3 - 0. @Ecodus continued to show his dominance with Catwoman punting @T.roll out of winners with another 3 - 0. @KRYS9984 brought the Bat Pain to the constantly improving PestoSwami with a 3 - 0 of his own. Then finally to round out this part of the bracket we had @CanadianBaconX face off again @Chuckychuck in a real nail-biter. Chuck took an early 2 - 0 lead in the set but Bacon brought it back to 2 - 2 setting up a really close final match that came down to just pixels where Chuck just narrowly gets the win to seal the set. (The video is missing a few crucial seconds at the end of the final match sadly... )

In the next bracket DarkBloom faces a personal bad matchup in ChuckyChuck's Nightwing. It's not a character thing... It's a DarkBloom thing! Allowing Chuck to get into Winner's Finals with a 3 - 0. The next set was, what has been a Grand Finals for many a Montreal Mayhems before with KRYS and Ecodus facing off earlier in pools than usual. In another very close set they took matches back and forth from each other. It came down to the final seconds of the final match where KRYS got a jump in in the dying second allowing for him to take the life lead and Bat Walk away for the time out victory sending Ecodus into losers 3 - 2. (The fourth match of the set that Ecodus won, lost half of the match because the camera's timer cut it early)

Winner's Finals came down to KRYS' Batman and Chuckychuck's Nightwing. Chuck has seemed to have KRYS' number when it comes to the first match they play in the night. Oddly enough this week was no different as Chuck took an impressive victory over KRYS with a 3 - 0 showing great patience with his Nightwing.

With Loser's Bracket all set, it started with PestoSwami showing Steve the true power of Doomsday by D1 xx Earthshakering his way to a 3 - 0 on the newcomer.

The other newcomer Seb didn't fair much better against Bacon's Wonder Woman who cruised to a 3 - 0 win of his own. T.Roll and Pesto on the other hand had a very close 3 - 2 set where we saw Pesto pull off a Catwoman super... Which we've all never seen happen, probably because it wasn't the best idea since he immediately looked up at us and said "That was an accident!" but, T.Roll was able to weather the cat storm and moved on.

T.Roll sadly couldn't keep it going as he hit a wall of armour that is DarkBloom's Bane. Similar to how Nightwing was Bloom's weakness, it seems Bane is the same to T.Roll allowing Bloom to muscle his way to victory with a 3 - 0. In the other set of this losers bracket section, Ecodus and Bacon face off with Ecodus once again taking Bacon out with a 3 - 1, Bacon's only win in the set coming when Ecodus paused the game because his controller wasn't working and AWARDED him the game...

Ecodus continued his rampage taking out DarkBloom 3 - 0 before moving into Loser's Finals against KRYS. The set was just as close as the last one but, once again KRYS got the upper hand and won it 3 - 2. (Part of the 5th match is missing and audio was removed because Youtube is a jerk)

The Grand Finals was set and it was a rematch from Winner's. While the Winner's Finals match was a decisive win for Chuck... Things didn't look that great for him in this set. KRYS quickly reset the bracket with a 3 - 1 win and then moved on to take the whole thing with a 3 - 0. KRYS once again showed great adaptation to be able to come out of loser's and win it all again. Chuck however did very well and shouldn't feel too bad about the lost. He just needs to figure out what happened between Winner's Finals and the Grand Finals. Was it the wait? The booze? The Baraka? Who knows? (Missing the 1st match after the bracket reset which KRYS won and a few seconds at the end, also audio removed due to copyright)

Once again KRYS has reigned supreme as the champion of Montreal Mayhem. He might truly be... THE BATMAN!

Best 12 bucks I ever spent HAHA!

1. KRYS (Batman) [9 Points]
2. ChuckyChuck (Nightwing) [6 Points]
3. Ecodus (Catwoman) [3 Points]
4. DarkBloom (Superman, Sinestro, Bane) [1 Point]
5. T.Roll (Martian Manhunter, Catwoman, Harley Quinn)
5. Bacon (Wonder Woman)
7. PestoSwami (Catwoman, Doomsday)
7. Seb (Sinestro)
9. Steve (Deathstroke, Nightwing)

http://challonge.com/mm15igau

Totals
Injustice Totals:
KRYS [31 Points]
Ecodus [23 Points]
ChuckyChuck [11 Points]
DarkBloom [2 Point]
Bacon [5 Point]
T.Roll [1 Point]
Quantum [1 Point]

Mortal Kombat Totals:
ChuckyChuck [5 Points]
Jer [2 Points]
T.Roll [1 Point]

Extra
Remember this happens every Sunday at the Foonzo Gaming Bar on 1245 Rue Drummond usually starting around 5:30 to 6 PM. We now have a stream at http://www.twitch.tv/montreal_mayhem so if you have time to check us out on Sunday please do! Additionally, if you're in the Montreal area, might as well drop by and help grow this local NRS community. Oh and also check out our facebook page, it might be a good way to keep track of us when we start getting more things rolling.

@RM GamerBlake or @CrimsonShadow

Last edited by a moderator:

KRYS9984

Noob
This was a really good Montreal Mayhem event; I felt it showcased how much people are learning, improving and adapting. The sets are getting longer and there is not a lot of room for error.
It's a shame we ran into issues; I have to apologize for the recording because my camera can only record 10 minute videos and it's sometimes difficult to monitor the timer (especially when in the middle of a set).
From now on, I'll do my best to keep track of the recordings (to provide complete content) and hopefully Youtube will not body us because of background music! :mad:
As for the picture; CanadianBacon saw a Batman Mask / Batarang set at Target and purchased it for me (what a nice guy!). I decided to put it on at the end of the night to show my gratitude / celebrate the win.....lol.....:D
Great write-up as usual @CanadianBaconX.